Niger hits back over uranium claim

Czar

Lifer
Oct 9, 1999
http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/africa/3100089.stm

The prime minister of the west African state of Niger has challenged Tony Blair to produce evidence for his controversial claim that Iraq tried to buy uranium there.
"If Britain has evidence to support its claim then it has only to produce it for everybody to see," said Prime Minister Hama Hamadou in an interview with the Sunday Telegraph.

Mr Blair has stuck by the claim, first made public in a British Government dossier, that Iraq tried to buy uranium for nuclear weapons from Niger, even though the allegation has been widely discredited.
"We were the first African country to send soldiers to fight against Saddam after the invasion of Kuwait in 1991," Mr Hamadou said.

"Would we really send material to somebody whom we had fought against and who could destroy half the world with a nuclear bomb? It's unthinkable".

He told the newspaper his government had not received any formal accusation of involvement with Saddam, saying that the row had its roots in the battle for public opinion in the UK and the US.

Moonbeam

Elite Member
Nov 24, 1999
The info is so classified, Czar, that the whole world could be jeopardized if the source of that info became known.

That is why the British are willing to sacrifice both Blair and Bush if need be to keep it secret.

Zebo

Elite Member
Jul 29, 2001
"George Bush is the kindest, bravest, warmest, most wonderful human being I've ever known in my life. "

DealMonkey

Lifer
Nov 25, 2001
Originally posted by: Zebo
"George Bush is the kindest, bravest, warmest, most wonderful human being I've ever known in my life. "

<Triumph, the insult comic dog> For me to poop on ;)

Gaard

Diamond Member
Feb 17, 2002
Combine the evidence that the Brits say they have on Saddam trying to purchase uranium from Niger with the 'solid' evidence of WMD that Bush says he has but can't reveal, add an eye of Newt, mix well, and you can make monkeys fly out of my butt. :)

CADsortaGUY

Lifer
Oct 19, 2001
www.ShawCAD.com
Originally posted by: Gaard
Combine the evidence that the Brits say they have on Saddam trying to purchase uranium from Niger with the 'solid' evidence of WMD that Bush says he has but can't reveal, add an eye of Newt, mix well, and you can make monkeys fly out of my butt. :)

Anything is possible - DealMonkey had flying pigs coming from his posterior a while back;)

CkG

DealMonkey

Lifer
Nov 25, 2001
Originally posted by: CADkindaGUY
Originally posted by: Gaard

Anything is possible - DealMonkey had flying pigs coming from his posterior a while back;)

CkG

Yeah, I guess that's true. :p Seriously though, I like the idea of Prime Minister Hama Hamadou calling Tony Blair out. Heh. Plus he's got that way-cool name. It just rolls off your tongue, Ha-Ma Ha-ma-Dooo. Can't front on that.

Trezza

Sep 18, 2002
i'm sure they can prove it, but the question is what will happen if they can prove it???

It's just not going to happen. Even if it is real and creditable however they obtained that information will be analyzed and taken apart till there is no credit in the document(s). Therefore they will never reveal it, if there smart.

SebastianK

Mar 26, 2003
Yep. His defiance and alliance with the Bush collective had already sealed his fate, and will evemtua;;u dismantle his political party.