NIE Terrorism Report Released

Page 5 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

shadow9d9

Diamond Member
Jul 6, 2004
Originally posted by: palehorse74
Originally posted by: Todd33
Bush has done nothing to curb oil use. He gives lip service during speeches on occasions. The facts remain that Bush has close ties to the oil/gas industry who donate heavily to the GOP. The secret energy meetings that Cheney held were with energy companies who help write their energy policy. This is one of the most un-green administrations ever, so stop with the phoney "educate yourself" crap, you are spining harder than Tony Snow. Drilling in ANWR is so far from a solution it's not funny, we need a real government program or real industry incentives. Right now Detroit and the oil companies own the WH and they will never bite the hands that feed them.

tinfoil rulez!

ANWR was simply one small part of Bush's proposed amendment to the energy legislation. Lip service? he even stated the same in his SOTU speech!

He has attempted EVERY YEAR to push for budget increases in alternative fuel research and other methods of reducing our dependence on oil. Unlike you, he recognizes that drilling in ANWR is one small part of the overall solution needed to decrease our dependency on oil.

so yes, educate yourself and remove the tinfoil beanie!

Every time you attack someone by doing the tired tinfoil nonsense, you become more and more entrenched in partisanship... and then you accuse others of it. At least try to LOOK non partisan.

As I said in the post you ignored.. 6 years and billion in tax incentives to oil companies... have windfall profits been given to alt fuel sources?

Not one legislative bill has been passed with BOTH HOUSES UNDER REPUBLICAN(HIS OWN PARTY)'s CONTROL! Why!? How could not ONE bill have been passed when his party OWNS congress!?!?

Where is your scrutiny here? Hold them responsible for not moving this country in a bold, strong move towards oil independence as part of the war on terror.. Do you think 300 billion would not have been enough to move at least 1/4 of this country towards almost complete oil independence?

shadow9d9

Diamond Member
Jul 6, 2004
Originally posted by: shadow9d9
A good idea on the side? Are you joking? What about the whole idea that we should NOT be interfering in the ME and OIL is the ONLY reason we CONTINUE to do so!

If we get off oil and leave the ME alone do YOU think we would continue to be a target for terrorists?

And no one has even named ONE FRIGGIN THING that Bush has done to get us off oil after his big speech declaring we relied too much on oil... I'll be waiting!
Of course getting off of oil solves everything, but doing so may take 20-30 years, or more! So yes, it's a great idea to dump money into alternative fuel research and prepare for that future, but at the same time, we must deal with terrorism and the ME for 20-30 years. We cannot eliminate our involvement in the ME until AFTER we have a viable and cost-effective alternative fuel infrastructure.

And yes, I agree with you that Bush is not doing enough to emphasize our needs for a longterm strategy to kick our nation's addiction to oil. He really needs to start talking about it.

But yes, sadly, we must stay in the ME until then...and my prediction is 20-30 years.

"Bush is not doing enough to emphasize our needs "

Enough? He hasn't done ONE THING since he entered office... 3 and a half years since Iraq started and not ONE THING...

And we do NOT need to stay in the ME... If we simply stay away from them, and reduce our oil(which could have been done YEARS AGO) needs, we would be free from terrorist threats.

I thought you claimed no one else had a plan... so much for that! Our plan simply doesn't involve attacking everything in sight.. therefore you aren't on board.
President Pushes Alternative Fuel Development

Bush Presses Congress for Increased Support of Alternative Fuels

Alternative Fuel Use Will Aid Security, Environment, Bush Says

Bush pushes for green fuel

Bush: Raise fuel-efficiency standards
Excerpt:
"At the president's request, I hereby ask that the Congress take prompt action to authorize the U.S. Department of Transportation to reform fuel economy standards for passenger automobiles," Mineta wrote.

"Along with other previously announced energy policies, the president believes these actions are critical to promoting our nation's energy security and independence."
and...
Republicans proposed an amendment Thursday that would give the Transportation Department authority to issue fuel efficiency standards for passenger vehicles, expand tax incentives for the use of hybrid vehicles and push for more research into alternative fuels and expansion of existing oil refineries.

It would also provide most American taxpayers with a $100 rebate check to offset the pain of higher pump prices for gasoline. (Full story)

However, the GOP energy package might face tough sledding because it also includes a proposal to open part of the Arctic National Wildlife Refuge (ANWR) in Alaska to oil exploration, which most Democrats and some moderate Republicans oppose.

Need I go on? You see, the dems (and some ignorant republicans) blocked all of Bush's efforts to initiate policies that would enforce energy efficiency standards in automobiles. the reason? their precious ANWR... they'd rather worry about a few animals in BFE, Alaska, than the cost of oil at the pumps.

So whose fault is it that we're getting nowhere in terms of our dependency on oil? oh ya...

And as for the Dems and their precious ANWR, I give you this:
TOP 10 REASONS TO SUPPORT DEVELOPMENT IN ANWR
excerpt:
8. No Negative Impact on Animals Oil and gas development and wildlife are successfully coexisting in Alaska 's arctic. For example, the Central Arctic Caribou Herd (CACH) which migrates through Prudhoe Bay has grown from 3000 animals to its current level of 32,000 animals. The arctic oil fields have very healthy brown bear, fox and bird populations equal to their surrounding areas.
You simply choose to wear partisan blinders and believe everything moveon.org or Bill Mahr tells you. President Bush is NOT the reason we are dependent on oil. That dependency has been developing for more than 100 years. And I think the links and quotes above are enough to show you that Bush has not ignored the problem; and, in fact, he's attempted several times during the last 6 years to do something about it! Every one of his efforts has been blocked by Dems who are more concerned about the herds in ANWR than they are about oil independence.

wake up and quit blaming Bush for everything. educate yourself...

Perhaps you missed the part where I asked what bush has done to reduce our dependence on oil.. not what he SAYS... IN EVERY ONE of your links including the text you quoted, he TALKS about alternative fuel... ANYONE CAN TALK...

Look at your list..

President **Pushes** Alternative Fuel Development

Bush **Presses** Congress for Increased Support of Alternative Fuels

Alternative Fuel Use Will Aid Security, Environment, Bush ***Says***

Bush ***pushes*** for green fuel

He just keeps talking while doing the opposite! Remember the tax breaks for oil companies? WHere are the tax incentives for alternative fuel being passed under his watch?

Of all of those links, the only thing actually DONE was to improve standards for one department.. Yeah, that will really speed us along to get us away from oil!

You posted about opening up drilling in the U.S... how does this reduce our oil dependence? We need to get away from oil...

Seriously, what do you not get? Bush has not pushed ONE SINGLE BILL in congress pushing for alternative energy. He gave billions in tax cuts to oil companies though.. how does THAT help our oil independence?

You of course do the whole attacking me accusing me and others of being partisan.. what am I partisan to? How many times do I need to declare myself independent? I challenge you to post ONE quote from me SUPPORTING even ONE Democrat... I haven't... I don't like Liberman, Hillary, Dean, or Kerry.... Besides for Murtha in the headlines, I am not even familiar with any more democrats!(well, clinton and gore for obvious reasons).

The only time I even mentioned clinton was to correct a glaring factual mistake Pabster made deliberately in another thread! I could quote about 500 posts of yours in which you defend every Republican on the planet including people like Tom Delay.. yet you have the audacity to claim IIIIII am partisan! What a joke...

It isi mportant to be critical of every single part of our government.. as an American, you SHOULD know that... I will be critical of any republican, democrat, or other in EVERY office and hold them to the same standards. Bush should be heavily giving tax incentives to alternative fuel sources... instead , he gives breaks to oil companies and has not produced ONE legislative act helping the U.S. get away from oil!

You think this is intelligent use of the presidential office when faced with ME terrorists?

I hate to be the one to school you on how our government works, but all Bush is allowed to do is "push" and "encourage" and "present policies." Bush has done so every year since taking office, and the Dems have blocked every attempt. (It takes 60 votes to pass the proposed amendments to the energy bill).

Only Congress can make law, not Bush. All he can do is mention it every month, and "push" it as part of his agenda. Congress has to listen and allow it to happen!

Drilling in ANWR is one small piece of the overal strategy to become energy independent. Bush's proposals to Congress have included many other items that would also get us there; including tax rebates for everyone using alternative fuels and hybrid vehicles.

you ARE blind.

Democrats are a minority... Republicans control all of congress..

Forget Bush if you want(since you somehow think what happens in congress under him is separate from his influence)...

Republicans control and pass every bill that they unite on...even if every single democrat voted against every alternative energy legislation, they would be powerless to stop it... What is the excuse of the Republicans and their stance as being strong on national security? Getting off oil is the only permanent solution.. so why have they not passed one bill in the last 6 years?

Please, do tell me their excuse.

shadow9d9

Diamond Member
Jul 6, 2004
A good idea on the side? Are you joking? What about the whole idea that we should NOT be interfering in the ME and OIL is the ONLY reason we CONTINUE to do so!

If we get off oil and leave the ME alone do YOU think we would continue to be a target for terrorists?

And no one has even named ONE FRIGGIN THING that Bush has done to get us off oil after his big speech declaring we relied too much on oil... I'll be waiting!
Of course getting off of oil solves everything, but doing so may take 20-30 years, or more! So yes, it's a great idea to dump money into alternative fuel research and prepare for that future, but at the same time, we must deal with terrorism and the ME for 20-30 years. We cannot eliminate our involvement in the ME until AFTER we have a viable and cost-effective alternative fuel infrastructure.

And yes, I agree with you that Bush is not doing enough to emphasize our needs for a longterm strategy to kick our nation's addiction to oil. He really needs to start talking about it.

But yes, sadly, we must stay in the ME until then...and my prediction is 20-30 years.

"Bush is not doing enough to emphasize our needs "

Enough? He hasn't done ONE THING since he entered office... 3 and a half years since Iraq started and not ONE THING...

And we do NOT need to stay in the ME... If we simply stay away from them, and reduce our oil(which could have been done YEARS AGO) needs, we would be free from terrorist threats.

I thought you claimed no one else had a plan... so much for that! Our plan simply doesn't involve attacking everything in sight.. therefore you aren't on board.
President Pushes Alternative Fuel Development

Bush Presses Congress for Increased Support of Alternative Fuels

Alternative Fuel Use Will Aid Security, Environment, Bush Says

Bush pushes for green fuel

Bush: Raise fuel-efficiency standards
Excerpt:
"At the president's request, I hereby ask that the Congress take prompt action to authorize the U.S. Department of Transportation to reform fuel economy standards for passenger automobiles," Mineta wrote.

"Along with other previously announced energy policies, the president believes these actions are critical to promoting our nation's energy security and independence."
and...
Republicans proposed an amendment Thursday that would give the Transportation Department authority to issue fuel efficiency standards for passenger vehicles, expand tax incentives for the use of hybrid vehicles and push for more research into alternative fuels and expansion of existing oil refineries.

It would also provide most American taxpayers with a $100 rebate check to offset the pain of higher pump prices for gasoline. (Full story)

However, the GOP energy package might face tough sledding because it also includes a proposal to open part of the Arctic National Wildlife Refuge (ANWR) in Alaska to oil exploration, which most Democrats and some moderate Republicans oppose.

Need I go on? You see, the dems (and some ignorant republicans) blocked all of Bush's efforts to initiate policies that would enforce energy efficiency standards in automobiles. the reason? their precious ANWR... they'd rather worry about a few animals in BFE, Alaska, than the cost of oil at the pumps.

So whose fault is it that we're getting nowhere in terms of our dependency on oil? oh ya...

And as for the Dems and their precious ANWR, I give you this:
TOP 10 REASONS TO SUPPORT DEVELOPMENT IN ANWR
excerpt:
8. No Negative Impact on Animals Oil and gas development and wildlife are successfully coexisting in Alaska 's arctic. For example, the Central Arctic Caribou Herd (CACH) which migrates through Prudhoe Bay has grown from 3000 animals to its current level of 32,000 animals. The arctic oil fields have very healthy brown bear, fox and bird populations equal to their surrounding areas.
You simply choose to wear partisan blinders and believe everything moveon.org or Bill Mahr tells you. President Bush is NOT the reason we are dependent on oil. That dependency has been developing for more than 100 years. And I think the links and quotes above are enough to show you that Bush has not ignored the problem; and, in fact, he's attempted several times during the last 6 years to do something about it! Every one of his efforts has been blocked by Dems who are more concerned about the herds in ANWR than they are about oil independence.

wake up and quit blaming Bush for everything. educate yourself...

Perhaps you missed the part where I asked what bush has done to reduce our dependence on oil.. not what he SAYS... IN EVERY ONE of your links including the text you quoted, he TALKS about alternative fuel... ANYONE CAN TALK...

Look at your list..

President **Pushes** Alternative Fuel Development

Bush **Presses** Congress for Increased Support of Alternative Fuels

Alternative Fuel Use Will Aid Security, Environment, Bush ***Says***

Bush ***pushes*** for green fuel

He just keeps talking while doing the opposite! Remember the tax breaks for oil companies? WHere are the tax incentives for alternative fuel being passed under his watch?

Of all of those links, the only thing actually DONE was to improve standards for one department.. Yeah, that will really speed us along to get us away from oil!

You posted about opening up drilling in the U.S... how does this reduce our oil dependence? We need to get away from oil...

Seriously, what do you not get? Bush has not pushed ONE SINGLE BILL in congress pushing for alternative energy. He gave billions in tax cuts to oil companies though.. how does THAT help our oil independence?

You of course do the whole attacking me accusing me and others of being partisan.. what am I partisan to? How many times do I need to declare myself independent? I challenge you to post ONE quote from me SUPPORTING even ONE Democrat... I haven't... I don't like Liberman, Hillary, Dean, or Kerry.... Besides for Murtha in the headlines, I am not even familiar with any more democrats!(well, clinton and gore for obvious reasons).

The only time I even mentioned clinton was to correct a glaring factual mistake Pabster made deliberately in another thread! I could quote about 500 posts of yours in which you defend every Republican on the planet including people like Tom Delay.. yet you have the audacity to claim IIIIII am partisan! What a joke...

It isi mportant to be critical of every single part of our government.. as an American, you SHOULD know that... I will be critical of any republican, democrat, or other in EVERY office and hold them to the same standards. Bush should be heavily giving tax incentives to alternative fuel sources... instead , he gives breaks to oil companies and has not produced ONE legislative act helping the U.S. get away from oil!

You think this is intelligent use of the presidential office when faced with ME terrorists?

I hate to be the one to school you on how our government works, but all Bush is allowed to do is "push" and "encourage" and "present policies." Bush has done so every year since taking office, and the Dems have blocked every attempt. (It takes 60 votes to pass the proposed amendments to the energy bill).

Only Congress can make law, not Bush. All he can do is mention it every month, and "push" it as part of his agenda. Congress has to listen and allow it to happen!

Drilling in ANWR is one small piece of the overal strategy to become energy independent. Bush's proposals to Congress have included many other items that would also get us there; including tax rebates for everyone using alternative fuels and hybrid vehicles.

you ARE blind.

And I challenge you again:

Please post one post of mine SUPPORTING even ONE Democrat please... If not, kindly apologize for your insinuation of non partisanship. I could quote 100s of yours in support of every republican under the sun.

palehorse

Lifer
Dec 21, 2005
I hate to be the one to school you on how our government works, but all Bush is allowed to do is "push" and "encourage" and "present policies." Bush has done so every year since taking office, and the Dems have blocked every attempt. (It takes 60 votes to pass Bush's proposed amendments to the energy bill).

you ARE blind.

Please post one post of mine SUPPORTING even ONE Democrat please... If not, kindly apologize for your insinuation of non partisanship. I could quote 100s of yours in support of every republican under the sun.
umm, where in that post did I accuse you of being a democrat?

I also made bold the part that addresses your other post. When all of the Dems, and some Repubs vote against such amendments, they dont pass. Many things in the Senate take more than a simple "majority" vote. Go read some books...

Also, admitting that you only know of 3 democrats serving in office is enough to show me that you are not educated enough on the system or current affairs...

Todd33

Diamond Member
Oct 16, 2003
Why this thread isn't locked by now is beyond me, palehorse74 has taken it seriously OT which normally warrent a lock.

shadow9d9

Diamond Member
Jul 6, 2004
I hate to be the one to school you on how our government works, but all Bush is allowed to do is "push" and "encourage" and "present policies." Bush has done so every year since taking office, and the Dems have blocked every attempt. (It takes 60 votes to pass Bush's proposed amendments to the energy bill).

you ARE blind.

I also made bold the part that addresses your other post. When all of the Dems, and some Repubs vote against such amendments, they dont pass. Many things in the Senate take more than a simple "majority" vote. Go read some books...

Also, admitting that you only know of 3 democrats serving in office is enough to show me that you are not educated enough on the system or current affairs...

Wait a sec.. I thought you said that I was TOO partisan.. now you are saying I do not know ENOUGH about partisanship.. so which is it? One of your ASSumptions have to be wrong... Please enlighten us on which one...

Oh, I forgot to mention... I was a political science major... so I think that qualifies me as knowing enough about how the system works... I never had reason to know more than the people in office... I know the people in this administration and other major players. Richard Clarke, Rumsfeld, Tenet, Bush, Cheney, Rove, etc. When the next administration comes, I will know them and be critical of them. It is important to be critical of those in office so things can be improved.

Please do tell me though.. I am "blinded by partisanship" or do I not know ENOUGH about "the system" to comment.. You've claimed I was both ways... Either way, at least ONE of your ASSumptions were wrong... which inadvertantly shows how partisan YOU are. You argue with people of opposing views by deciding that they MUST be partisan with the "other" party, and hence an enemy to you. THIS DEFINES partisanship. Learn from it.

As for your excuse...You would like me and all others here to believe that it is the minoriy's fault that in the last 6 years, that with a republican president and a republican controlled congress, that not ONE bill has been passed to reduce our oil dependency because of the minority democrats?

Then please do refer me to PROPOSED bills that have been shot down... I would like to go through them and check out how the voting went... so that way we have something called actual EVIDENCE to support your theory...

So let's review. List TWO WHOLE proposed bills promoting alternative fuel for me.. I will then look up how the vote went and see if your theory holds up.

shadow9d9

Diamond Member
Jul 6, 2004

you ARE blind.

This is where you claimed I was a democrat.. I was simply repeating something you ignored my response to:

"You simply choose to wear partisan blinders and believe everything moveon.org or Bill Mahr tells you. "

So please, so enlighten us... am I a democrat or do I not know about the system enough... Here is a hint:

IF YOU ARE NOT WITH US, YOU ARE AGAINST US!

palehorse

Lifer
Dec 21, 2005
This is where you claimed I was a democrat.. I was simply repeating something you ignored my response to:

"You simply choose to wear partisan blinders and believe everything moveon.org or Bill Mahr tells you. "

So please, so enlighten us... am I a democrat or do I not know about the system enough... Here is a hint:

the point was that after you corrected me the first time, I didnt accuse you of partisanship again in the second post you accused me of doing so...

Shadow, if you wish to discuss the energy topic any further, please start another thread. Todd was right (for a change ;) ), we've gone too far OT.

On that note, what's this I hear about a NIE? oh ya... people screaming for access to more classified intel and others shouting "see! we told you so! war really does suck, and there really are alot more terroists now!"

bah...

shadow9d9

Diamond Member
Jul 6, 2004
Shadow, if you wish to discuss the energy topic any further, please start another thread. Todd was right (for a change ;) ), we've gone too far OT.

On that note, what's this I hear about a NIE? oh ya... people screaming for access to more classified intel and others shouting "see! we told you so! war really does suck, and there really are alot more terroists now!"

bah...

Nice evade! All of a sudden, nowhere to go.. caught in lies and assumptions.. no proposed energy bills exist, so you can't list them... You are pathetic.

shadow9d9

Diamond Member
Jul 6, 2004

the point was that after you corrected me the first time, I didnt accuse you of partisanship again in the second post you accused me of doing so...

bah...

I corrected you the FIRST TIME many many many many many threads ago and multiple times since.. but you just keep spewing it to anyone with a different view of things than you. And if you actually made a mistake.. then the right thing to do would be to apologize... not ignore that you made the accusation... So good excuse.

palehorse

Lifer
Dec 21, 2005

bah...

Nice evade! All of a sudden, nowhere to go.. caught in lies and assumptions.. no proposed energy bills exist, so you can't list them... You are pathetic.
damnit, you've forced me to respond once more OT just to shut you the hell up. You, my friend, are clueless:
Bush Signs Energy Bill, Cheers Steps Toward Self-Sufficiency
excerpt:
Tuesday, August 9, 2005
ALBUQUERQUE, Aug. 8 -- President Bush signed the first national energy legislation in more than a decade on Monday, hailing the measure as a smart way to make Americans more secure and less dependent on foreign oil.
so, now that you've been sufficiently pwned, please allow everyone to return to the topic at hand, which is the NIE...

I apologize to everyone for the OT stuff.. I just couldnt let this kid go without a schooling session. I'm done here.

Pabster

Lifer
Apr 15, 2001
so, now that you've been sufficiently pwned, please allow everyone to return to the topic at hand, which is the NIE...

They don't want to discuss the NIE now. It's blowing up in their faces.

shadow9d9

Diamond Member
Jul 6, 2004

bah...

damnit, you've forced me to respond once more OT just to shut you the hell up. You, my friend, are clueless:
excerpt:
Tuesday, August 9, 2005
ALBUQUERQUE, Aug. 8 -- President Bush signed the first national energy legislation in more than a decade on Monday, hailing the measure as a smart way to make Americans more secure and less dependent on foreign oil.

I apologize to everyone for the OT stuff.. I just couldnt let this kid go without a schooling session. I'm done here.

You say "pwned" and then you call me a kid... Irony there?

Back to the topic, you finally listed one bill and let's look at it closely, shall we!

"ALBUQUERQUE, Aug. 8 -- President Bush signed the first national energy legislation in more than a decade"

This means that he signed his first bill(wait, I thought you said that the president couldn't affect legislation!) in the six years in office.. and 4 years AFTER 9/11... Ok, better than nothing right!

"But independent energy analysts cautioned that with crude oil prices hitting new highs, consumers should not expect the new law to push down gas prices or reduce U.S. reliance on Middle East oil soon, if ever. Bush acknowledged that it will "take years of focused effort to alleviate those problems.""

Well, again, it's a start... One bill in 6 years.. why did it take you 10 posts of bickering to answer the question?

Wait another second! I thought it was the Democrats fault these bills weren't passed! I don't see the democrats blocking this... do you? Where am I missing this?

"Bush has done so every year since taking office, and the Dems have blocked every attempt. "

Explain.

palehorse

Lifer
Dec 21, 2005

bah...

excerpt:
Tuesday, August 9, 2005

Back to the topic, you finally listed one bill and let's look at it closely, shall we!

"ALBUQUERQUE, Aug. 8 -- President Bush signed the first national energy legislation in more than a decade"

This means that he signed his first bill(wait, I thought you said that the president couldn't affect legislation!) in the six years in office.. and 4 years AFTER 9/11... Ok, better than nothing right!

"But independent energy analysts cautioned that with crude oil prices hitting new highs, consumers should not expect the new law to push down gas prices or reduce U.S. reliance on Middle East oil soon, if ever. Bush acknowledged that it will "take years of focused effort to alleviate those problems.""

Well, again, it's a start... One bill in 6 years.. why did it take you 10 posts of bickering to answer the question?

Wait another second! I thought it was the Democrats fault these bills weren't passed! I don't see the democrats blocking this... do you? Where am I missing this?

"Bush has done so every year since taking office, and the Dems have blocked every attempt. "

Explain.
it was a very good amendment to the bill that they blocked...

and yes, you got righteously pwned after wrongly stating "no proposed energy bills exist, so you can't list them."

get over it.

PLEASE GET BACK ON TOPIC NOW! If you really wish to discuss the energy bill, then go create a new thread and I'll gladly take you on there. Heck, I'll even discuss all of it in PM's! If you keep insisting on dragging on the OT stuff, they will lock this thread.

so stop. please. I'm done discussing this here. The topic here is the NIE. period.

shadow9d9

Diamond Member
Jul 6, 2004

bah...

excerpt:
Tuesday, August 9, 2005

Explain.
it was a very good amendment to the bill that they blocked...

and yes, you got righteously pwned after wrongly stating "no proposed energy bills exist, so you can't list them."

get over it.

PLEASE GET BACK ON TOPIC NOW! If you really wish to discuss the energy bill, then go create a new thread and I'll gladly take you on there. Heck, I'll even discuss all of it in PM's! If you keep insisting on dragging on the OT stuff, they will lock this thread.

so stop. please. I'm done discussing this here. The topic here is the NIE. period.

I did create a new post.

You wouldn't answer the question for 10 posts in a row so I baited you with a "no proposed energy bills exist, so you can't list them." It shouldn't have had to come to that.. but you wouldn't actually answer the question. So now we are getting somewhere...

Could you supply me with a link to this "good amendment" that the democrats blocked?

"pwned" is for people who like to follow bandwagon lame internet terms to fell good about themselves... I wouldn't feel proud saying it...