Nice M1A2 pic.

videogames101

Diamond Member
Aug 24, 2005
Originally posted by: destrekor
Oooo. I like, I like. :D
I want to eventually command those. :)

lol, i'd want to be able to command anything that can level a building in one shot...

(and lets not turn this into a canadian flame fest...)

WingZero94

Golden Member
Mar 20, 2002
Originally posted by: dennilfloss
"so is canada's 1 tank on the receiving end?"

Don't worry about our Leopard 2A6M CANs. If it comes to a duel, worry about the M1A2 crew.;)

Uh, the M1A2 is combat proved and the most survivable tank ever - i'd worry about the leopard. Plus, how much damage can 3 leapords do? :) ;)

Fenixgoon

Lifer
Jun 30, 2003
Originally posted by: WingZero94

Don't worry about our Leopard 2A6M CANs. If it comes to a duel, worry about the M1A2 crew.;)

Uh, the M1A2 is combat proved and the most survivable tank ever - i'd worry about the leopard. Plus, how much damage can 3 leapords do? :) ;)

not as much as a Puma! :laugh: </red vs blue>

destrekor

Lifer
Nov 18, 2005
Originally posted by: xeemzor

I take it you sure enjoy big "guns" :laugh:

If by big guns, you mean any gun that can carry a load that can destroy buildings and enemy equipment, then why yes, yes I do. :p

destrekor

Lifer
Nov 18, 2005
Originally posted by: WingZero94

Leopard 2A6M's are indeed nice tanks, but not sure if it could take down current M1A2's. I mean, starting with the M1A1, the Abrams uses the same main 120mm gun as the Leopard 2. Not sure if the newer Leopard 2's use different armament or not.
The foreign tank that strikes a little nervousness in me is the Russian T-90. I don't know what kind of armor it has, but the T-90 is about the same age as the M1A2 (mid 90s, although the A2 includes new modifications, it uses the same base tank design as the M1, which is older than that). But that's not the discouraging part. Apparently Russia is working on a prototype successor, T-95 I believe?, which is said to include a gun somewhere around the 150mm size. Sure it will include armor that should be able to stand hits from its own armament, let alone the smaller 120mm rounds from the Abrams. However, newly developed rounds should take care of that little issue. We can typically get around most size restraints with more powerful ordnance.

Originally posted by: DangerAardvark

Who knows, one day you may even be reincarnated as one.

:|

TehMac

Diamond Member
Aug 18, 2006
Seriously, Leopards are awesome, but honestly, its not the machine its the crew, unless you have a Sherman vs a Leopard, and it doesn't matter what kind of crew you have.

Squisher

Lifer
Aug 17, 2000
It's not how long you make it, it's how you make it long.

The size of the ordinance isn't the issue it is getting it on target from a point of least vulnerability. I'll take the M1A2.

destrekor

Lifer
Nov 18, 2005
Originally posted by: Squisher
It's not how long you make it, it's how you make it long.

The size of the ordinance isn't the issue it is getting it on target from a point of least vulnerability. I'll take the M1A2.

Well the ordnance of the Leopard 2A6M is only 5mm larger than that of the M1A2's, a difference that couldn't decide a victory. The ability of the crew to maintain the upper hand is what is significant, and US Army tank training tends to produce skilled tank crews, as although it is a large branch (Armor), it is also one that a lot of individuals strive to be in.