NFT Games: Is it worth trying? / Average income per day

HardcoreGR

Dec 14, 2021
Hello. I was wondering if anyone has ever tried to play NFT games and see if he can make some money.

I tried Gods Unchained and reached up to level 6. Still I haven't forged any items. Does anyone make money out of it?
I've seen Axie Infinity. It needs 60-70 USD to buy 3 creatures as a minimum start. It is worth it?

I don't think that there could be serious money with this, unless there was something like Diablo with marketplace and the developers were actually keeping some cryptos from every transaction.
But if there are games that pay well, even in higher levels, I'd be glad to know.

Thank you.

GodisanAtheist

Diamond Member
Nov 16, 2006
Everyone has to cross that Rubicon where they feel like the oldest fart in the world, but what in the sam hill is an NFT game? A game that earns you crypto as you play it?

I know I can look it up, but I want one of you whippersnappers to explain it to me, cause I'm an ornery old grouch.

VirtualLarry

No Lifer
Aug 25, 2001
but what in the sam hill is an NFT game? A game that earns you crypto as you play it?
AFAIK, yes.

Some might see this as "legalized gambling", that children might be exposed to. But it's hardly worse than pay-to-play "lootbox games", namely, every other game on the market oriented towards children and their naive, unsuspecting parents.

Stg-Flame

Diamond Member
Mar 10, 2007
AFAIK, yes.

Some might see this as "legalized gambling", that children might be exposed to. But it's hardly worse than pay-to-play "lootbox games", namely, every other game on the market oriented towards children and their naive, unsuspecting parents.
So you're saying we can eventually look forward to NFTs made illegal in the EU?

BFG10K

Lifer
Aug 14, 2000
The youtube link shown here was a bit over the top.
I have removed it.
Please try to avoid things that can go south like this really fast.

Moderator Aigomorla

Last edited by a moderator:
  • Haha
Reactions: ultimatebob

GodisanAtheist

Diamond Member
Nov 16, 2006

-Hell, maybe its the future of work.

Just have to disguise those spreadsheets as an mmorpg and you'll tap into a vast, if somewhat fickle, labor pool.

"Hi, my name is GL25437 and I need your help balancing a large variance against our evil nemesis: Year to date Actuals. Will you do it?"

*This message was written from work during department budget recasts*

Reactions: CP5670

Socio

Golden Member
May 19, 2002
Been looking into this, I have heard some people are actually making a living playing these games, that they are designed so that you own the pixels you find or craft where you can sell them on the games market for crypto currency which can in turn be exchanged for other crypto currency or actual money.

Apparently some items can be worth 1000's of dollars for example say there is a million people plying the game and only a 1000 of very powerful Axes are available in the game they would be worth a lot of money to those looking to make their character more powerful to grind higher tier dungeons and earn more currency.

Some games like Prospectors you have to invest in it, meaning buy game land to mine, or build on, some like Tezotopia you can build or PVP for the games crypto, or The Six Dragons which is a MMO RPG where you grind for and or craft items to sell.

Playing a game for profit sounds like a great side job, just not sure where to start or what are the most profitable games, but it is a new genre, thus would be time to get in on the ground floor so to speak just what floor?

Testing the water I got the Osiris Browser which is a decentralized browser and has an integrated dAppstore where you can get free NFT crypto games and just started playing League of Kingdoms it is a crypto earning Rise of Empires type game pretty fun just not sure of how one earns the crypto or how much one can earn and its real world worth.

One thing is for sure I would rather grind for hours for personal profit than the game developers and video games is billion dollar industry so should be room for player profit.

Stg-Flame

Diamond Member
Mar 10, 2007
Been looking into this, I have heard some people are actually making a living playing these games, that they are designed so that you own the pixels you find or craft where you can sell them on the games market for crypto currency which can in turn be exchanged for other crypto currency or actual money.
And some people made a living on the Diablo 3 auction house, but even that faded away because people got fed up with how the game was stacked against the favor of casual players and only catered to those who literally played it for a living. Since it's the next big fad, people can probably get in now and make some money, but it won't last. Fads never do.

Socio

Golden Member
May 19, 2002
And some people made a living on the Diablo 3 auction house, but even that faded away because people got fed up with how the game was stacked against the favor of casual players and only catered to those who literally played it for a living. Since it's the next big fad, people can probably get in now and make some money, but it won't last. Fads never do.

As long as you have the ability to exchange the games crypto currency for other currency you can at least cash out when the time comes or something better comes along or who knows there maybe a WoW version of a crypto game it could go on for a decade or more.

Best solution might be not putting your eggs all in one basket so to speak and switch between two or three, I would not attempt to play one for a living but as a side job making extra money having fun sounds like a win-win.

Stg-Flame

Diamond Member
Mar 10, 2007
As long as you have the ability to exchange the games crypto currency for other currency you can at least cash out when the time comes or something better comes along or who knows there maybe a WoW version of a crypto game it could go on for a decade or more.

Best solution might be not putting your eggs all in one basket so to speak and switch between two or three, I would not attempt to play one for a living but as a side job making extra money having fun sounds like a win-win.
All of the NFT games I've seen so far have looked like nothing more than your typical mobile pay2win game and I cannot stand those. Maybe I just haven't seen the right ones, but this is something I have zero interest in at the moment.

Socio

Golden Member
May 19, 2002
Here are a couple more to check out; Lost Relics which is a Diablo type RPG I signed up for this one but it is apparently so popular there is a waiting list to play I got this notification:

"NOTE: Due to increased demand during pre-alpha, all account registrations are now added into an ordered queue and chosen based on queue position. You can choose to wait for this to happen for free. There are currently 128,541 accounts waiting for activation. An email will be sent to your email when your account has been activated.
This process can take a while (days, weeks, months), but an email will be sent to your email.

There is an option to buy special pendants to get instant access but seem pretty expensive unless the crypto you can make in game can cover that cost and you still make some profit, not sure, going to wait it out for now.

EDIT: Reading through the documentation there is one thing that stands out "The effects of Virtual and Blockchain items are not always permanent and are subject to rebalancing. Consider this before making any purchases." the blockchain items are supposed to be owned by the player, private property that can be sold to other players for crypto currency, the fact that they can be nerfed thus loose real world value costing you 100's perhaps 1000's of dollars is a BIG red flag so this game may not be one worth investing in.

There is another one called Sidus that is under development in WebGL so browser based that can be played on any device, it has space exploration, colonization, PVP arenas, actual elections where you can be elected to office by other players to represent your race, looks to good to be true, this one I will be watching.

Last edited:

Stg-Flame

Diamond Member
Mar 10, 2007
The more I hear about NFT games the more it sounds like pay-to-win mobile games, but the gimmick is that they've tricked people into paying just to play the game in which they will pay even more in hopes of getting some money back out in the end...

This whole thing is hilarious to me.

nakedfrog

No Lifer
Apr 3, 2001
Everything I've understood about them makes them sound stupid and unappealing. I value my gaming time, I'm not going to squander it on some shite game to make a few bucks.

Reactions: The red spirit

Socio

Golden Member
May 19, 2002
I watched a stream about a game called Town Star where the player showed how he is making up to $400 a day, he made an initial investment to buy some NFT items for the game plus a couple of NFT items he got free for being an early player of the game, to buy them today would cost about $3000 USD.

This game you build a town that lasts for 30 days and you are in a competition with other town builders to see who's town can make the most profit, the more profit your town can earn the higher you rank and the more NFT points you get and you also earn them by doing dailies.

He showed the NFT' Items he purchased and demonstrated how they help speed up the development of the town by starting a new one, the faster you get one going the faster you start turning a profit, he said he is always in the top 100 and there are 1000's of players.

Another player in the stream chat said he makes up to $8000 USD a day playing the game depending on the price of the game currency which fluctuates and likely possible with a larger investment in NFT items.

It sounds like there are two strategies; if you expect to make real money fast you will have to gamble on the game and spend real money to buy NFT to get game items that will give you an advantage from the start, or start slow play for free and save the NFT's you do earn to buy the NFT Items that will help you succeed down the road. The problem with the latter is the prices of those items will likely go up and up so you might not ever earn enough to get them.

I think of two old adages here "you have to spend money to make money" and "caveat emptor" (let the buyer beware) because it is definitely a gamble.

VirtualLarry

No Lifer
Aug 25, 2001
Another player in the stream chat said he makes up to $8000 USD a day playing the game depending on the price of the game currency which fluctuates and likely possible with a larger investment in NFT items.
Crazy stuff. Too bad some of my friends that are really good at gaming, don't "get" crypto. They could make that their day job. (Not that you would ever necessarily want to make anything crypto your real day job, because of how volatile the market tends to be.)

ascencionreed

Aug 14, 2022
Dude, tell us more about how you came up with the idea of such an income. I'm currently learning cryptocurrency and would like to learn about all the ways to use it.

• Haha
Reactions: KMFJD

mikeymikec

Lifer
May 19, 2011
NFT explained in one image:

Aaaaand-Its-Gone.jpg

• Haha
Reactions: Fanatical Meat

Fallen Kell

Diamond Member
Oct 9, 1999
Just need to read up on the news articles on Axie and you will learn how much it is "worth it":

At it's very heart, all NFT's and crypto is simply a glorified ponzie/pyramid scheme that only works by getting more "suckers" to buy into it so that they original people can get their money out of it...

Reactions: mikegg

njdevilsfan87

Platinum Member
Apr 19, 2007
People still pay thousands of dollars for pixel color partyhats in RuneScape. NFTs would simply make items like those much easier and safer to exchange off-game if the creators would allow for off-game or real world trade (in the case of partyhats, the creators Jagex, do not allow for it).

That's about the benefit that NFTs will provide to games. Don't look into it any further than that, because simply just being an NFT doesn't make the game item automatically valuable.

Zeze

Lifer
Mar 4, 2011
Isn't NFT officially dead? It's a fad/pump and dump that's taken its course.

And the concept of NFT is only good as the DB that hosts it. It's trash from top to bottom.