NFL thread 2021-2022

Page 38 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

BUTCH1

Lifer
Jul 15, 2000
I saw that .... strange stat considering the game. It really didn't seem like they could move the ball on the ground when they had to and Tannehill had no confidence as a result especially towards the end.

I think maybe its not as much the lack of a ground game as it is lack of Henry specifically in the offense.
On one 60yrd run the ball was punched free at the end with the Pats recovering, all teams do this now so no one should be caught by surprised.

Reactions: Captante

KMFJD

Lifer
Aug 11, 2005
Denver and Teddy Bridgewater are looking a lot better then I was expecting to see .... seems like the Saints made a bad call letting him go considering the joke Winston was at QB before getting injured.
i don't think they could afford him cap wise and i think Taysom Hill has some kind of blackmail over Sean Payton

plus he was a FA and Panthers brought the brinks truck

TE1EVEc.jpg

• Haha
Reactions: BUTCH1 and Captante

KMFJD

Lifer
Aug 11, 2005
Crosby looks like a Mini-Me of current Brett Favre; that can't be a good thing.

Now that every team has played 11 games, how do you like the Rams now? :p
loving the slide, Stafford's hurt and while i'd love to see him do well i'd rather the Lions get a higher draft pick as they are totally devoid of talent in a number of areas and need all the help they can get

Captante

Lifer
Oct 20, 2003
Crosby looks like a Mini-Me of current Brett Favre; that can't be a good thing.

Now that every team has played 11 games, how do you like the Rams now? :p

Up until they signed OBJ (who is team-poison IMO) and then Woods went down right after I still liked them a lot..... now not so much. Their defense is still very solid but banged up Stafford plus his #1 receiver too is not a good look.

They're still a solid contender but no slam-dunk for the division anymore that's for sure.

Last edited:

Torn Mind

Lifer
Nov 25, 2012
Wasn't a high scoring affair, but I'm glad just to be on the winning side of a Russell Wilson vs Washington tilt.

THE EXORCIST is here. Taylor Heinicke.

BUTCH1

Lifer
Jul 15, 2000
Wasn't a high scoring affair, but I'm glad just to be on the winning side of a Russell Wilson vs Washington tilt.

THE EXORCIST is here. Taylor Heinicke.
I like Heinicke for the job, every game I see the WFT he just gets incrementally better plus the kid's a scrapper too, they are much better staying with him and continuing his development vs going out and grabbing some re-tred like Flacco or Foles.

Captante

Lifer
Oct 20, 2003
I like Heinicke for the job, every game I see the WFT he just gets incrementally better plus the kid's a scrapper too, they are much better staying with him and continuing his development vs going out and grabbing some re-tred like Flacco or Foles.

I agree ... the kid is showing real potential.

WFT fans may not agree but Heinicke reminds me of a tougher version of Chad Pennington due to his size and lack of arm-strength BUT still finding a way to get it done.

Reactions: BUTCH1

Torn Mind

Lifer
Nov 25, 2012
Heinicke is above all the busts or has-beens that are holding a backup spot. Compared to a Geno Smith, Jacoby Brisett, Flacco, etc, there real potency in Heinicke's game that these backups do not have.

And better than the likes of Jared Goff.

Not sure how he'll do on windy days. His most accurate days are when the weather is stable and calm.

I have noticed that Heinicke is especially potent in the red zone and inside the opponent's territory. The Logan Thomas play was ruled incomplete, but it was still an actual TD opportunity and not some Cousins esque toss out of the end zone. .

Torn Mind

Lifer
Nov 25, 2012
I agree ... the kid is showing real potential.

WFT fans may not agree but Heinicke reminds me of a tougher version of Chad Pennington due to his size and lack of arm-strength BUT still finding a way to get it done.
I see him as a Chimeracke. He's got a little Romo in him, he has avoid about 3-5 sacks ducking an dodging(Frank Clark is one).
He's got wheels and size like Russ.
Got Tebow's late game "magic".
Brett Favre's number.
Nerdy like Herbert.

Captante

Lifer
Oct 20, 2003
Heinicke is above all the busts or has-beens that are holding a backup spot. Compared to a Geno Smith, Jacoby Brisett, Flacco, etc, there real potency in Heinicke's game that these backups do not have.

And better than the likes of Jared Goff.

Not sure how he'll do on windy days. His most accurate days are when the weather is stable and calm.

I have noticed that Heinicke is especially potent in the red zone and inside the opponent's territory. The Logan Thomas play was ruled incomplete, but it was still an actual TD opportunity and not some Cousins esque toss out of the end zone. .

Get back to me when Heinicke has won one single playoff game before you start comparing him to QB's with Super Bowl rings like Flacco or Favre.

And wth is up with your mix of QB legends and guys that flat out sucked like Tebow or Geno Smith? (you want your guy NOT to play like those duds assuming you want to win!)

:p

Heinicke has a weakish arm and is on the small side for an NFL player but he seems have some terrific judgement, a very accurate arm and he maintains his poise under pressure.

Saying anything beyond that at this point is premature .... I understand your enthusiasm though.

Last edited:

Torn Mind

Lifer
Nov 25, 2012
Get back to me when Heinicke has won one single playoff game before you start comparing him to QB's with Super Bowl rings like Flacco.

Heinicke has a weakish arm and is on the small side for an NFL player but he seems have some terrific judgement, a very accurate arm and he maintains his poise under pressure.

Saying anything beyond that at this point is premature .... I understand your enthusiasm though.
I wasn't referring to prime Flacco, but current Flacco. Would you take current Flacco over Daniel Jones to save your pathetic franchise? ;);)

Captante

Lifer
Oct 20, 2003
I wasn't referring to prime Flacco, but current Flacco. Would you take current Flacco over Daniel Jones to save your pathetic franchise? ;);)

As a backup absolutely... OBVIOUSLY he's too old and banged up to start more then a game or two. (but then how much worse then Jones could he possibly be even gimped?)

And I think less of Daniel Jones then you do so give up on trying for a reaction .... my extreme disappointment with the Giants is old news at this point. (However NY has won championships THIS CENTURY unlike your boys.)

;)

Last edited:

Torn Mind

Lifer
Nov 25, 2012
As a backup absolutely... OBVIOUSLY he's too old and banged up to start more then a game or two.

And I think less of Daniel Jones then you do so give up on trying for a reaction .... my extreme disappointment with the Giants is old news at this point. (However NY has won championships THIS CENTURY unlike your boys.)

;)
You guys screwed up your tank job this Sunday. Hope you guys win a couple or three more. Preserve the status quo. :p:smilingimp:

Captante

Lifer
Oct 20, 2003
You guys screwed up your tank job this Sunday. Hope you guys win a couple or three more. Preserve the status quo. :p:smilingimp:

They'll end up with at best 6 wins IMO .... In other words just good enough to bork chances of a high draft pick but fall short of playoff contention.

I think WFT has a decent shot to win the NFC East given their schedule... its right there for the taking with only one non-divisional game left against the Raiders. (Eagles twice, Cowboys and the Giants on the final Thursday of the season)

Torn Mind

Lifer
Nov 25, 2012
They'll end up with at best 6 wins IMO .... In other words just good enough to bork chances of a high draft pick but fall short of playoff contention.

I think WFT has a decent shot to win the NFC East given their schedule... its right there for the taking with only one non-divisional game left against the Raiders. (Eagles twice, Cowboys and the Giants on the final Thursday of the season)
Still possible to win 4 out of the last 6. Chicago is not a strong team. Dolphins, Eagles. And Danny Dimes becomes an elite qb against Washington.

You guys could even win 5 if the Cowboys have an epic December meltdown or the "bad Chargers" show up.

Last edited:
  • Haha

Captante

Lifer
Oct 20, 2003
Still possible to win 4 out of the last 6. Chicago is not a strong team. Dolphins, Eagles. And Danny Dimes becomes an elite qb against Washington.

You guys could even win 5 if the Cowboys could have an epic December meltdown or the "bad Chargers" show up.

Never know .... that's why they play the games, any given Sunday and all that noise lol.

:D

I'm giving NY wins against the Bears and the Eagles .... right now I think that's the best I can hope for. (and that assumes beating Philly twice which the odds are against)

zinfamous

No Lifer
Jul 12, 2006
I see him as a Chimeracke. He's got a little Romo in him, he has avoid about 3-5 sacks ducking an dodging(Frank Clark is one).
He's got wheels and size like Russ.
Got Tebow's late game "magic".
Brett Favre's number.
Nerdy like Herbert.

lol, he's not as fast as Wilson, but he's definitely a bit trickery.

I think he's more like Alex Smith--brains, accuracy, elusive--but with even less of an arm...if that's possible. It seems possible.

Captante

Lifer
Oct 20, 2003

I think he's more like Alex Smith--brains, accuracy, elusive--but with even less of an arm...if that's possible. It seems possible.

LIke I said earlier .... Chad Pennington's second coming. ;)

Torn Mind

Lifer
Nov 25, 2012

I don't think his arm is quite Colt McCoy weak, but I definitely don't have much trust that he can handle truly windy days.

I think he's quite a bit more aware of defenses than a Rex Grossman, but he can be quite aggressive at times, which leads to INTs.

Captante

Lifer
Oct 20, 2003
I think he's quite a bit more aware of defenses than a Rex Grossman, but he can be quite aggressive at times, which leads to INTs.

To be fair bad as "Sexy-Rexy" was for the Bears overall, they DID make it all the way to a Super Bowl with him at QB... quite the accomplishment even though they got beat.

IMO Heinicke is substantially more accurate then Grossman under pressure .... he has the potential to be really good if WFT gives him enough protection.