NFL thread 2021-2022

Page 31 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Torn Mind

Lifer
Nov 25, 2012
Stafford might not have fully recovered from that Finger Bowl game. Rams already in a 14-0 hole.

Captante

Lifer
Oct 20, 2003
I was thinking possible blowout for this one but going the opposite way.

Between the Cardinals yesterday and now the Rams the NFC west is up for grabs. (excepting Seattle)

pete6032

Diamond Member
Dec 3, 2010
I was hoping obj would catch the deep ball from Stafford. Not a fan of either team but would have made for a fun moment. I'm happy to quietly cheer for the Rams after Stafford endured years and years of disfunction with the Lions.

MrSquished

Lifer
Jan 14, 2013
I didn't watch the last two rams games but why are they sucking so bad, is Stafford nursing an injury?

rmacd02

Nov 24, 2015
They are a team with lots of talent, just underperforming. Missing Kittle for 4 weeks doesn't help. He doesn't just catch, he is one hell of a blocker.

SF is my second favorite team. My main team since 1973 has been the Patriots.

Grinning after the last 4 weeks.

Last edited:

woodman1999

Golden Member
Sep 19, 2003
Glad the Pats won last night, but man that game was ugly. Thursday night football is such a crap product.

Torn Mind

Lifer
Nov 25, 2012
Mac Jones is not there yet, but he is definitely getting there....fast

Bills' fans are going to start crying very, very soon.

woodman1999

Golden Member
Sep 19, 2003
I get excited about him and then have to take a look at the teams we just waltzed through. The Jets, Carolina, Cleveland, and Atlanta aren't exactly monsters on defense and offensively they're a joke. The Chargers are the only team that gets a shred of respect, and it is really only a shred

Reactions: KMFJD

Torn Mind

Lifer
Nov 25, 2012
I get excited about him and then have to take a look at the teams we just waltzed through. The Jets, Carolina, Cleveland, and Atlanta aren't exactly monsters on defense and offensively they're a joke. The Chargers are the only team that gets a shred of respect, and it is really only a shred
Cleveland is a good--or better than average plenty talented, at least-- team...except their quarterback.
Jets and ATL are bad, but Carolina is one of those weird mediocre teams.
It would be a big concern if qb could not shred team them.

Reactions: Captante

Captante

Lifer
Oct 20, 2003
Bills' fans are going to start crying very, very soon.

I know you hate Buffalo but you also need to temper your "feels" with a bit of logic. Yes the Bills have issues but they are the class of the division now and by more than a little bit.

Having said that, Mac Jones appears to be the real deal and should make things at least interesting! Both these teams so far this season however have been winning on defense oddly.

Todays Colts/Bills matchup may actually be a better indicator of how good these Bills really are this year. Buffalo is just better then NE at the moment IMO and should win the division. (although a home/home split with the Pats wouldn't shock me... tough to beat any NFL team twice in a season)

EDIT: Nice drive by Indy! Colts up 7.

Last edited:

Captante

Lifer
Oct 20, 2003
Colts up 2 scores on the Bills early.... Indy's secondary is owning Josh Allen! (2 picks so far)

WFT down 7 but threatening.

Torn Mind

Lifer
Nov 25, 2012
I know you hate Buffalo but you also need to temper your "feels" with a bit of logic. Yes the Bills have issues but they are the class of the division now and by more than a little bit.

Having said that, Mac Jones appears to be the real deal and should make things at least interesting! Both these teams so far this season however have been winning on defense oddly.

Todays Colts/Bills matchup may actually be a better indicator of how good these Bills really are this year. Buffalo is just better then NE at the moment IMO and should win the division. (although a home/home split with the Pats wouldn't shock me... tough to beat any NFL team twice in a season)

EDIT: Nice drive by Indy! Colts up 7.
I like to live dangerously, when the stakes are nonexistent. :D
(oxymoron)

• Haha
Reactions: Captante

Captante

Lifer
Oct 20, 2003
0-12 score. Former Houston team trailing against current Houston team.

Several surprises but mostly lopsided/lame games so far. :(

GB/MN is getting interesting though.

EDIT: Just saw WFT tied it with "Camolina" lol .... I should want DC to lose but I just can't root for the Panthers!

Last edited:

woodman1999

Golden Member
Sep 19, 2003
I cannot believe the Texans are up on Tennessee.

As of right this minute, I am more concerned about the patriots game against the colts than either the bills or titans.

Also, if the Bills are the class of the division, they should never lose to the jaguars. Ever.

Torn Mind

Lifer
Nov 25, 2012
Several surprises but mostly lopsided/lame games so far. :(

GB/MN is getting interesting though.

EDIT: Just saw WFT tied it with "Camolina" lol .... I should want DC to lose but I just can't root for the Panthers!
#4 for WFT is better than #8 for the NYG...more often than not.

#4 is the anti-Kryptonite against teams that usually own the WFT. Cam is another QB who just dominates.

Captante

Lifer
Oct 20, 2003
I cannot believe the Texans are up on Tennessee.

As of right this minute, I am more concerned about the patriots game against the colts than either the bills or titans.

Also, if the Bills are the class of the division, they should never lose to the jaguars. Ever.

Thing about NFL football is that the worst team in the NFL isn't separated from the Super Bowl champs by nearly as much as most folks believe.

The Jags young D-line was able to dominate the Bills O-line and once Allen got rattled he played like crap.

The fact is that accurately predicting game results in the NFL CONSISTANTLY requires time and dedication that most of us simply don't have.

#4 for WFT is better than #8 for the NYG...more often than not.

Damning Heinicke with faint praise I see? ;)

You already know my opinion of Daniel Jones maximum upside. I seriously doubt things will go well tomorrow night unless maybe father-time has FINALLY caught up with Golden-Boy. (I can dream though!)

23-10 Vikings btw... 14 play nearly 8 min scoring drive for MN just now.

Last edited:

Captante

Lifer
Oct 20, 2003
Vikings/Packers is turning out to be a good football game! :cool:

GB just answered with their own 5 min scoring drive so 23-17 & 3:16 to go in the 3rd Q .... I feel a Cousins choke-moment coming lol.

Captante

Lifer
Oct 20, 2003
Tuffalo Bills declaring a "not present" today.

Games like today are the thing that keep me from fully believing in the Bills.

The Colts are a strong team and needed this game desperately so its not that they won today, its the way the Bills just laid down and died. Doesn't bode well for a team with Super Bowl aspirations.

Torn Mind

Lifer
Nov 25, 2012
Games like today are the thing that keep me from fully believing in the Bills.

The Colts are a strong team and needed this game desperately so its not that they won today, its the way the Bills just laid down and died. Doesn't bode well for a team with Super Bowl aspirations.
Their O just doesn't have polish this year. Ds adjusted and they haven't.

And losing to Jax's Josh Allen...lol...I think the doppelganger from another mother stole Buffalo's Josh Allen's mojo.