NFL thread 2021-2022

Page 28 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

KMFJD

Lifer
Aug 11, 2005
Fine to CeeDee Lamb for wearing his jersey untucked - $15,450
Fine to Aaron Rodgers for lying about his vaccine status and not following COVID protocols - $14,650

just amazing

• Wow
Reactions: Captante

RPD

Diamond Member
Jul 22, 2009
Yea it's pretty stupid. He should be fined that much PER incident breaking protocols and GB should lose a 2nd or 3rd round picks.

Captante

Lifer
Oct 20, 2003
Should have suspended his sorry a$$ for few games and fined him $50k minimum.

I love football but in many ways the NFL is a joke. :mad:

Torn Mind

Lifer
Nov 25, 2012
Fine to CeeDee Lamb for wearing his jersey untucked - $15,450
Fine to Aaron Rodgers for lying about his vaccine status and not following COVID protocols - $14,650

just amazing
That was Lamb's second uniform violation.

Rodgers was docked the maximum possible for a first-time violation, which is $14650.

Nothing to elicit the response of "just amazing".

RPD

Diamond Member
Jul 22, 2009

Rodgers was docked the maximum possible for a first-time violation, which is $14650.

So he only violated protocols one time....?

Torn Mind

Lifer
Nov 25, 2012
Profootballtalk provides some details. The team was supposed to enforce the pressers and Rodgers and Lazard did not go unmasked that often while in the facility.

The league said the Packers were warned that future violations could result in escalated discipline, including possible change of draft position or loss of draft choices.
“The Club was fully cooperative in the investigation into violations of the collectively bargained NFL-NFLPA protocols,” NFL spokesman Brian McCarthy told PFT.
As to the press conferences at which Rodgers spoke within the facility, the league concedes that “there’s no argument that Aaron Rodgers should have been wearing a mask.” However, Rodgers wasn’t fined by the league for the press conference violations, because (per the league) the primary responsibility falls on the club to enforce the protocols.
The league also reviewed “substantial video” from the club facility. “While the review showed a few isolated instances of Rodgers and Allen Lazard failing to wear a mask in facility, they were substantially compliant otherwise,” McCarthy said. “There was no widespread or systemic mask-wearing violations.”
The fine for the Packers includes the Halloween party. “The team didn’t sanction the party but they were aware of it after it took place and did not discipline Rodgers or Lazard and failed to report their violations to the league,” McCarthy said

Dwayne Haskins was fined $4833 for his first COVID violation last year, in which he tried to reserve a room at the team hotel for a buddy. That got caught early and no contact was made.

KMFJD

Lifer
Aug 11, 2005

i don't agree, one is a petty uniform violation, the other one put's multiple players at risk as well as the league

/Lamb actually had three violations for shit as petty as an untucked jersey, socks too low.

Last edited:

RPD

Diamond Member
Jul 22, 2009
What about being unmasked on the sidelines and then talking to the other team on the field after the game? While masking outdoors is stupid, other unvaccinated players seem to be masked in these instances.

manly

Lifer
Jan 25, 2000
It seems possible Rodgers will be fined for additional violations. The fines were agreed by the NFL and players union; Goodell can't just increase penalties because Rodgers is a dumb fuck.

MrSquished

Lifer
Jan 14, 2013
Odell to the Rams. Let's see if he ever realizes his potential like he did briefly with Eli

Torn Mind

Lifer
Nov 25, 2012
How's "just DISGUSTING" instead? ;)

Every time Rodgers knowingly potentially exposed someone to Covid should be considered a separate violation.
Only problem is that he wasn't case 0 in the Packers' wave of cases. So, why Devante Adams and Joe Barry, who are vaccinated, simply get a more lenient stick when they got it first and might have be the sources that eventually jumped to their franchise QB?

zinfamous

No Lifer
Jul 12, 2006
Only problem is that he wasn't case 0 in the Packers' wave of cases. So, why Devante Adams and Joe Barry, who are vaccinated, simply get a more lenient stick when they got it first and might have be the sources that eventually jumped to their franchise QB?

because they followed protocol, at least?

why is this so difficult for you? why do you insist on defending the shitbag asshole that is Aaron Rogers and his clear intent to spread deadly disease around the league, and the league's bumbling attempt to stumble over itself to defend this fucking garbage against their own stringent pre-season mandates?

every single moment Rogers stepped in a building, each day, inside to outside, or another room, from training camp onward, was a violation. Each should be a fine. He should have no fucking salary this year.

...And I really have nothing against Aaron Rogers before this. Seriously. just fuck this nonsense and stop treating fucking asshole jock morons like they are actually worth anything in the middle of a pandemic. You're turning into a child making arguments for this behavior.

Torn Mind

Lifer
Nov 25, 2012
because they followed protocol, at least?

why is this so difficult for you? why do you insist on defending the shitbag asshole that is Aaron Rogers and his clear intent to spread deadly disease around the league, and the league's bumbling attempt to stumble over itself to defend this fucking garbage against their own stringent pre-season mandates?

every single moment Rogers stepped in a building, each day, inside to outside, or another room, from training camp onward, was a violation. Each should be a fine. He should have no fucking salary this year.

...And I really have nothing against Aaron Rogers before this. Seriously. just fuck this nonsense and stop treating fucking asshole jock morons like they are actually worth anything in the middle of a pandemic. You're turning into a child making arguments for this behavior.
Only a child would bring up non sequitur and a hot bag of profanity to argue a separate point.

Am I supposed to comprehend paragraph 2 as Aaron Rodgers should not play until he is vaccinated? That's not what the terms were. Cam was allowed to play in preseason. Kirk Cousins is still playing. That's your ideals, not what legal negotiations between the NFL and NFLPA said.

The concept of material harm escapes you. Plenty of vaccinated people also have gotten the disease. In your arrogance, you've fallen for the "self-selection" myth. That the virus MAGICALLY AVOIDS all vaccinated people. That sir, is not reality and just your pathetic fantasy.

Yeah no, that's not how the system usually works. Actually, it's very telling when someone wants a litany of repeat punishment
The concept of material harm escapes you.

Also, I don't see uniforms as a trivial matter for employees. That occurs all the way down to min wage workers like delivery drivers. They don't find but the manager is going to put you on the spot. A fine for a millionaire like Lamb is peanuts and equivalent to a verbal warning at a min wage job. Furthermore, the first-time violation of a uniform violation is three times less than the COVID violation maximum. The comparison made by the poster was therefore one that would lead to false inferences of what is on the legal record.

manly

Lifer
Jan 25, 2000
I don't know the exact number, but somewhere in the high single digit percentage of NFL players are unvaccinated and eligible to play. They are certainly allowed into their "buildings" but must adhere to strict protocols at work, and even outside of it. If caught breaking rules, they are subject to fines agreed to by the NFLPA. The NFL reviewed security footage of Packers facilities and deemed that Rodgers was largely compliant with the protocols, with his press conferences being a notable exception.

He most likely broke some rules outside of work, but you have to catch him in the acts to levy fines.

As an aside, if the general population was as vaccinated as major sports pro athletes, the pandemic might already be moving into our rear view mirror.

rmacd02

Nov 24, 2015
Only a child would bring up non sequitur and a hot bag of profanity to argue a separate point.

Am I supposed to comprehend paragraph 2 as Aaron Rodgers should not play until he is vaccinated? That's not what the terms were. Cam was allowed to play in preseason. Kirk Cousins is still playing. That's your ideals, not what legal negotiations between the NFL and NFLPA said.

The concept of material harm escapes you. Plenty of vaccinated people also have gotten the disease. In your arrogance, you've fallen for the "self-selection" myth. That the virus MAGICALLY AVOIDS all vaccinated people. That sir, is not reality and just your pathetic fantasy.

Yeah no, that's not how the system usually works. Actually, it's very telling when someone wants a litany of repeat punishment

Also, I don't see uniforms as a trivial matter for employees. That occurs all the way down to min wage workers like delivery drivers. They don't find but the manager is going to put you on the spot. A fine for a millionaire like Lamb is peanuts and equivalent to a verbal warning at a min wage job. Furthermore, the first-time violation of a uniform violation is three times less than the COVID violation maximum. The comparison made by the poster was therefore one that would lead to false inferences of what is on the legal record.
You are missing the point. What he did is put others at risk, this is much worse than "uniform violations".

No, the vaccine doesn't "magically" make us avoid covid, but it does make us less likely to get and transmit it.

Rodgers lied about being vaccinated (immunized) against a deadly disease that is currently a pandemic, and should pay the price.

Reactions: Captante and KMFJD

zinfamous

No Lifer
Jul 12, 2006

you have no idea what I'm saying and certainly not what I understand about how the virus works. lol, that you think I don't know how vaccines work or how this spreads.

That you would compare intentional harm done to others through prideful vanity to a uniform violation paints you as a complete buffoon that is clearly more concerned with your TV entertainment of grown men bashing each other all day long being interrupted, than you do about actual social, human responsibility.

There's quite a lot of psychopathy in this childish, misinformed defense you have of the entirely indefensible. You bring it up in multiple threads, too, for no reason. It's like a mission for you. It's preposterous.

Reactions: Captante and KMFJD

KMFJD

Lifer
Aug 11, 2005
Atleast Kirk Cousins has the balls to say he's not getting vaccinated and he's abided by the rules from what we can tell, there's multiple instance of Rogers violating the rules

Captante

Lifer
Oct 20, 2003
Atleast Kirk Cousins has the balls to say he's not getting vaccinated and he's abided by the rules from what we can tell, there's multiple instance of Rogers violating the rules

Exactly! I don't agree with Cousins in any way BUT I respect him for having the guts to embrace it even if I do think its stupid.

Reactions: zinfamous

RPD

Diamond Member
Jul 22, 2009
Exactly! I don't agree with Cousins in any way BUT I respect him for having the guts to embrace it even if I do think its stupid.
Yep, same for :sigh: as Kyrie Irving, he is living with the consequences of his choice. Aaron couldn't be bothered to and lied.

zinfamous

No Lifer
Jul 12, 2006
torn ACL for Woods during practice.

Hmm, wonder if Stafford and the Rams will try to coax Megatron out of retirement. :D

manly

Lifer
Jan 25, 2000
torn ACL for Woods during practice.

Hmm, wonder if Stafford and the Rams will try to coax Megatron out of retirement. :D
Yep, I'm also curious how many times Les Snead can go "all in" on a home Super Bowl before the salary cap tears the team down in 2023. Who else is available on the waiver wire?

Captante

Lifer
Oct 20, 2003
Giant's on a "bye" week today so .... HAIL to the WTF-skins ?? :p

Sadly the only real question is if they can hold the Buc's under 30.

Yep, I'm also curious how many times Les Snead can go "all in" on a home Super Bowl before the salary cap tears the team down in 2023. Who else is available on the waiver wire?

Puts the spotlight on OBJ even more than it was too... historically that hasn't gone well.

Last edited:

zinfamous

No Lifer
Jul 12, 2006

Isn't Gordon suddenly availabe, again? lol--maybe LA can be the first team to keep him sober "long enough"