NFL thread 2021-2022

Page 72 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

zinfamous

No Lifer
Jul 12, 2006
They should have just stuck with Washington Football Team, or went with "Footballers".

Washington Footballers.......

(its not a soccer team!)

well, you're not wrong.

I think Washington Football Team is a most excellent name. I mean...it gets right to the point. I also suggested "the footballers," or something similar, when this all happened two seasons ago.

Torn Mind

Lifer
Nov 25, 2012
I bet you wouldn't ! :p
The little man looks great until he doesn’t.

Jones owns Washington anyway...so it’s not like the games I am most invested in will turn out any better. But it’s a huge drop off for Kyler to go from DeAndre Hopkins to Slayton, Golladay, Toney.

Captante

Lifer
Oct 20, 2003
The little man looks great until he doesn’t.

Jones owns Washington anyway...so it’s not like the games I am most invested in will turn out any better. But it’s a huge drop off for Kyler to go from DeAndre Hopkins to Slayton, Golladay, Toney.

Seriously I WOULD take Murray over Daniel Jones but really I'm not a big fan of his play @ QB.

KMFJD

Lifer
Aug 11, 2005
I don't think anyone would take Daniel Jones over Kyler Murray at this point of the respective careers, however i do wonder how good KM would be throwing to Slayton,Sheppard and Engram compared to having DHopkins catching everything?

Torn Mind

Lifer
Nov 25, 2012
Keegan Michael-Key’s song to start the awards ceremony was quite funny, and JJ pretending to not know TJ was a finalist for DPOY.

dank69

Lifer
Oct 6, 2009
Fuck Aaron Rodgers and fuck the NFL for letting him play let alone awarding the piece of shit the MVP

• Haha
Reactions: Saylick

Torn Mind

Lifer
Nov 25, 2012
The accounting on these huge deals always amazes me, somehow this FREES up about 20mill of space?
It's all about working da system.

Lafleur is in the confessional every day now for realizing he has football sinned and paying his penance.

Rodgers probably thought "oh snap, I'm in a super weak conference. Whereas, I'm going to deal with a boatload of talent in the AFC".

Torn Mind

Lifer
Nov 25, 2012
Calvin Ridley suspended for all of 22 season for gambling on NFL games

Oh of course they have to come down hard on the players.

But owners can do things behind the scenes to "fix" games if they have interests that carry weight--usually Vegas but sometimes special, "respected" teams need the prettiest narratives. (Rooney, I'm looking at you. Also, Mara, you too because you trotted your ass out there to talk about the ills of taunting.)

Last edited:
Reactions: Saylick

BoomerD

No Lifer
Feb 26, 2006

didn't expect him to go there

just came to post this...fuckity fuckity fuck.

Leave it to the SeaChickens to trade away the one hope they've had for a winning season.

BudAshes

Lifer
Jul 20, 2003
Last couple of years...yes. Seattle management hasn't given him the tools he needed.

Seems crazy to trade him away and keep rolling out the real problem which is the coach and front office. They made some incredibly bad trades lately and horrible personnel moves.

Torn Mind

Lifer
Nov 25, 2012
Seems crazy to trade him away and keep rolling out the real problem which is the coach and front office. They made some incredibly bad trades lately and horrible personnel moves.
They might be thinking that even if they fill in the necessary holes, it might be too late for Russ to take advantage of it when those players finally establish themselves.

Saylick

Diamond Member
Sep 10, 2012
Oh of course have to come down hard on the players.

But owners can do things behind the scenes to "fix" games if they have interests that carry weight--usually Vegas but sometimes special, "respected" teams need the prettiest narratives. (Rooney, I'm looking at you. Also, Mara, you too because you trotted your ass out there to talk about the ills of taunting.)
Yeah, kind of BS that they penalize a player who wasn't even practicing or visiting his team's facilities, had no insider knowledge, the Falcons didn't even know he was betting, etc. He was, for all intents and purposes, in the same boat the typical average Joe. Let the man who stepped away from football for mental health reasons live a little. Isn't him losing his 3 and 5 game parlay punishment enough, especially since he made the rookie mistake of betting on the Falcons to win?

RPD

Diamond Member
Jul 22, 2009
Yeah, kind of BS that they penalize a player who wasn't even practicing or visiting his team's facilities, had no insider knowledge, the Falcons didn't even know he was betting, etc. He was, for all intents and purposes, in the same boat the typical average Joe. Let the man who stepped away from football for mental health reasons live a little. Isn't him losing his 3 and 5 game parlay punishment enough, especially since he made the rookie mistake of betting on the Falcons to win?
Wrong. It's basically insider trading when players bet on games.