NFL offseason thread

Page 6 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

JujuFish

Lifer
Feb 3, 2005
With all the losses on defense and Diggs on offense
As a Bills fan, let me say I really appreciate the Vikings letting Diggs go. Dude is the best receiver we've had in a loooooong time. It's only 2 games and against 2 abysmal teams, but the Bills' offense actually looks good and Diggs is a significant part of that.

ondma

Platinum Member
Mar 18, 2018
As a Bills fan, let me say I really appreciate the Vikings letting Diggs go. Dude is the best receiver we've had in a loooooong time. It's only 2 games and against 2 abysmal teams, but the Bills' offense actually looks good and Diggs is a significant part of that.
Yea, very talented, but tends to let his emotions get out of control sometimes. Hope he is happy in Buffalo and plays well for you for a long time.

IndyColtsFan

Lifer
Sep 22, 2007
I will give them the loss to the Packers, as they seem to be a powerhouse this year, but not even being competitive with lowly Indianapolis??

Let's not forget the Colts were 5-2 last year and beat the Chiefs at Arrowhead and then Brissett, HIlton and others went down and we quickly saw the lack of depth. Bryan Freaking Hoyer sunk many games for Indy. With good QB play, the Colts are a playoff team and maybe division winner this year and could've been last year as well. The Colts O-line is stacked, as is their D-line and linebacking corp. Skill position players on offense are still young but have talent. Jonathan Taylor steamrolled the Vikings D. TY Hilton is on the downside of his career as well, or the Colts would've had even more points on Sunday.

Phil Rivers played like dog shit in game against the Jags and I think he's past his prime. The Colts probably should've turned the job over to Jacob Eason to see if he can be the QB of the future and if not, trade up to get Lawrence. I also personally feel that Brissett should've been given more time - I think they didn't open up the plays enough for him and he was clearly not the same last year after the injury.

ondma

Platinum Member
Mar 18, 2018
Let's not forget the Colts were 5-2 last year and beat the Chiefs at Arrowhead and then Brissett, HIlton and others went down and we quickly saw the lack of depth. Bryan Freaking Hoyer sunk many games for Indy. With good QB play, the Colts are a playoff team and maybe division winner this year and could've been last year as well. The Colts O-line is stacked, as is their D-line and linebacking corp. Skill position players on offense are still young but have talent. Jonathan Taylor steamrolled the Vikings D. TY Hilton is on the downside of his career as well, or the Colts would've had even more points on Sunday.

Phil Rivers played like dog shit in game against the Jags and I think he's past his prime. The Colts probably should've turned the job over to Jacob Eason to see if he can be the QB of the future and if not, trade up to get Lawrence. I also personally feel that Brissett should've been given more time - I think they didn't open up the plays enough for him and he was clearly not the same last year after the injury.
I thought Brissett should have been given more time as well. Not familiar with Eason. Bringing in Rivers, though, is incomprehensible to me. I can understand bringing in an aging QB on the downside physically if he has a proven track record of winning big in the post season (i.e. Montana to KC, Manning at Denver or Brady at Tampa), because of their leadership and decision making, but IMO Rivers has always been plagued by lack of consistency and making big mistakes at inopportune times. In his prime, he had the physical talent to mainly overcome that, but now I dont think he does. (I am actually a Rivers fan though, so I will be happy if he can prove me wrong. I would love to see him win a super bowl.)

Last edited:

KMFJD

Lifer
Aug 11, 2005
4sqdw8fiiro51.jpg

sigh, s o l

Reactions: ondma and zinfamous
Mar 11, 2004

Yeah and the Colts played like shit too in that win so not sure why you're pushing that out like its an accomplishment, one of the worst games I've ever watched.

You do realize Rivers has played like that on and off his whole career, right? He'll have games where he looks like a top 3 QB and then he'll have ones that look like he's a rookie QB playing for the Browns or Lions. Hell he'll often do both of those things within the same game even. The fact that you're wishing for more Brissett, hahahahaha.

With good QB play almost every team is a playoff team, so your logic is silly to such a level...well it explains why you're pining for more Brissett.

IndyColtsFan

Lifer
Sep 22, 2007
Yeah and the Colts played like shit too in that win so not sure why you're pushing that out like its an accomplishment, one of the worst games I've ever watched.

You do realize Rivers has played like that on and off his whole career, right? He'll have games where he looks like a top 3 QB and then he'll have ones that look like he's a rookie QB playing for the Browns or Lions. Hell he'll often do both of those things within the same game even. The fact that you're wishing for more Brissett, hahahahaha.

With good QB play almost every team is a playoff team, so your logic is silly to such a level...well it explains why you're pining for more Brissett.

Yawn. Did you have something to say? I just heard an annoying buzzing sound.