NFL invites teams to Colin Kaepernick workout Saturday

13Gigatons

Diamond Member
Apr 19, 2005
Sigh....do they think he has actually gotten better after sitting on the bench?

zinfamous

No Lifer
Jul 12, 2006
Well Doug Flutie was mostly sitting around for decade(s) before the NFL called him back in the late 90s....

:sneaky:

Homerboy

Lifer
Mar 1, 2000
I don't trust him. He's a soapbox-seeking idiot that doesn't learn lessons.

what "lesson" did he not learn?

That being said, this "invite" is stupid. I support Kaepernick from a political and free-speech standpoint. But the reality is his playing days are over. Too far removed from the game at this point. This "invite" is a joke too. It's currently mid-season. Coaches and GMs and other personnel have ZERO time to go see a workout. They are busy game planning for this week's game. This is just a farce to be able to say "we gave him a chance". Which honestly, I don't think he should be getting one at this point - his career is over.

Nov 8, 2012
Crap, I guess he milked his Nike money dry. Time to create and spark some more media attention under the guise of "I'm fighting for your rights one dollar at a time!"

The irony of this coming from someone that grew up with the living definition of being born with a silver spoon of affluenza.

Reactions: IndyColtsFan

pete6032

Diamond Member
Dec 3, 2010
Crap, I guess he milked his Nike money dry. Time to create and spark some more media attention under the guise of "I'm fighting for your rights one dollar at a time!"

The irony of this coming from someone that grew up with the living definition of being born with a silver spoon of affluenza.
So if you're born rich you can't possibly be interested in social justice or want to fight for poor or oppressed people.

Classic conservative logic right there folks.

LikeLinus

Lifer
Jul 25, 2001

That you don't terminate your multi-million dollar contract with an NFL team when you've had 3-4 straight horrible seasons, you're just not a good QB, and you've pissed off your employer in a public fashion that makes you unhirable to other employers? Why do they want to put up with the publicity and media fiasco that surrounds an employee like that? They'd rather focus on their JOB. There is a time and place for certain things.

LikeLinus

Lifer
Jul 25, 2001
Who here hopes to God that Antonio Brown is his receiver during this audition??? Two birds with one stone!

KMFJD

Lifer
Aug 11, 2005
That you don't terminate your multi-million dollar contract with an NFL team when you've had 3-4 straight horrible seasons, you're just not a good QB, and you've pissed off your employer in a public fashion that makes you unhirable to other employers? Why do they want to put up with the publicity and media fiasco that surrounds an employee like that? They'd rather focus on their JOB. There is a time and place for certain things.
why do you have to make shit up? the rest of your statement is more or less true though

LikeLinus

Lifer
Jul 25, 2001
why do you have to make shit up? the rest of your statement is more or less true though

Colin, is that you bud? I know a middle school practice field that you can hold your workout at.

Kidding, but he didn't do enough to make him worth the headache. Decent at points, terrible at other times. But it is true he was having a horrible rough patch when he ended his contract. Boneheaded move in a line of many he made.

Last edited:

FerrelGeek

Diamond Member
Jan 22, 2009
The lesson that you libs tell non libs. You have a right to free speech but you don't have a right to be protected from the consequences of said speech. Go search P&N and you'll find posts from your fellow libs essentially stating just that.

I could do and say lots of stuff that falls under the category of 'free speech', but if I do it at work or my employer finds out that I'm doing something that violates their policy or image, they can discipline or fire me.

<snip>

Reactions: IndyColtsFan

OccamsToothbrush

Golden Member
Aug 21, 2005
I was never a fan ... not much to do with his politics more with his lack of talent.

And this latest stunt smacks of desperation.

Same. He was an idiot and his stand on a non-issue was laughable, but that's not why he got shit-canned. The NFL is more than happy to employ murderers, rapists and wife-beaters as long as they perform. The crime that did Kap in is that he sucked on Sunday and that's unforgivable.

KMFJD

Lifer
Aug 11, 2005
All those yapping on about how he was a bad qb, get your eyes looked at, losing your sight is a terrible thing

YearAgeTmPosNo.GGSQBrecCmpAttCmp%YdsTDTD%IntInt%1DLngY/AAY/AY/CY/GRateQBRSkYdsNY/AANY/ASk%4QCGWDAV
201124SFO7303560.03500.000.02197.07.011.711.781.274.4007.007.000.00
201225SFOqb71375-2-013621862.41814104.631.486578.38.613.3139.598.371.8161127.277.556.8119
201326SFOQB7161612-4-024341658.43197215.081.9148647.77.813.2199.891.665.7392316.526.658.62315
201427SFOQB716168-8-028947860.53369194.0102.1164807.06.911.7210.686.460.9523445.715.589.83212
201528SFOQB7982-6-014424459.0161562.552.073766.66.211.2179.478.543.4281665.334.9410.34
201629SFOQB712111-10-019633159.22241164.841.2101656.87.211.4186.890.749.5362075.545.929.8119

Reactions: Artorias

BudAshes

Lifer
Jul 20, 2003
The lesson that you libs tell non libs. You have a right to free speech but you don't have a right to be protected from the consequences of said speech. Go search P&N and you'll find posts from your fellow libs essentially stating just that.

I could do and say lots of stuff that falls under the category of 'free speech', but if I do it at work or my employer finds out that I'm doing something that violates their policy or image, they can discipline or fire me.

Telling someone to search P&N is like telling them to go search in the dumpster out back. "The lesson that you libs tell non libs." Is that English? What the hell are you talking about? Go back to P&N where you can hide your stupid in the sea of stupidity that is that forum.

The crux of the issue is that it was a terrible "protest." Kneeling during the national anthem was a slap in the face for the military which the NFL is tightly partnered with. He wasn't even protesting the military, he was protesting something about the police, but didn't do it in a way that made any sense. It honestly offends me that people consider him a hero, this guy sacrificed nothing but the tail end of a career he was rich enough not to need. It's an affront to those that have truly sacrificed to attain equality to call him a hero. There are plenty of real heroes in the world that aren't rich and famous with their faces on billboards and millions of dollars in sponsorship deals.

Nov 8, 2012
Telling someone to search P&N is like telling them to go search in the dumpster out back. "The lesson that you libs tell non libs." Is that English? What the hell are you talking about? Go back to P&N where you can hide your stupid in the sea of stupidity that is that forum.

The crux of the issue is that it was a terrible "protest." Kneeling during the national anthem was a slap in the face for the military which the NFL is tightly partnered with. He wasn't even protesting the military, he was protesting something about the police, but didn't do it in a way that made any sense. It honestly offends me that people consider him a hero, this guy sacrificed nothing but the tail end of a career he was rich enough not to need. It's an affront to those that have truly sacrificed to attain equality to call him a hero. There are plenty of real heroes in the world that aren't rich and famous with their faces on billboards and millions of dollars in sponsorship deals.

What always makes me laugh at anyone that thinks he stood for anything is... just come to the realization that this only started AFTER his career as a starter was over. Not before. Not during the Superbowl... AFTER he was deemed to not be a starter.

Oh suddenly when he was no longer in the spotlight for being a good player is when he wants to be in the spotlight for social change all of a sudden? Huh, fancy that - what a weird coincidence.

Inyet people want to make it out to be a conspiracy as if that is the reason he was no longer starting....

BudAshes

Lifer
Jul 20, 2003
What always makes me laugh at anyone that thinks he stood for anything is... just come to the realization that this only started AFTER his career as a starter was over. Not before. Not during the Superbowl... AFTER he was deemed to not be a starter.

Oh suddenly when he was no longer in the spotlight for being a good player is when he wants to be in the spotlight for social change all of a sudden? Huh, fancy that - what a weird coincidence.

Inyet people want to make it out to be a conspiracy as if that is the reason he was no longer starting....

Well they aren't wrong about the conspiracy, if he hadn't pissed off fans he'd still be in the NFL and I'm sure he could have a Ryan Fitzpatrick type career. His stats were good enough to get him a job on a bad team, but he would have faded into obscurity instead of getting to be the celebrity he is now. He settled the lawsuit against the NFL, so it's clear they did blackball him out of necessity. I would have too if I owned a team, in the end they have to make money off the bible belt idiots who got so upset over this "protest."

Last edited:

zinfamous

No Lifer
Jul 12, 2006

It was absolutely never about the military. It was about the flag. equating the flag with supporting the military is where the derp comes from. Don't do that.

Also, Kaepernick was actually concerned about this, so he did go out of his way for consultation on the proper method. His plan was to sit, but then after being advised by this super patriotic Green Beret with unimpeachable honor out the whazoo, the suggestion was to kneel. Plenty of Military did not feel offended by this, because it seems enough of them don't swallow the directed propaganda.

The flag stands for the country--NOT the military. Full stop. While the conflation of service and football over the years has become...frankly quite disgusting and absurd, this was never that.

The propaganda is propaganda and nothing more. With no other way to criticize a black man that is frankly rather upset that the law enforcement in his country is simply murdering people because they look like him, one must use him as the boogeyman in offending a completely different group.

Reactions: pete6032

LikeLinus

Lifer
Jul 25, 2001
All those yapping on about how he was a bad qb, get your eyes looked at, losing your sight is a terrible thing

I know I want my QB leading my team from the NFC Championship to an 8-8, 2-6, 1-10 record and then ending his contract. You may also want to note his own team benched him.

Look, we get your a huge Colin groupie, but frankly most people would agree that he wasn't that great. Sorry, but that's just how it is.

manly

Lifer
Jan 25, 2000
I know I want my QB leading my team from the NFC Championship to an 8-8, 2-6, 1-10 record and then ending his contract. You may also want to note his own team benched him.

Look, we get your a huge Colin groupie, but frankly most people would agree that he wasn't that great. Sorry, but that's just how it is.
I'm not a Kaepernick fan, but he was good enough to be a backup on some team. There are awful QBs on NFL rosters to this day. Some even make millions in annual salary. You're attributing the team's record to 1 guy who played merely decent for the last few seasons. Just to pull a random example, are we sure Mitch Trubiski is currently a better QB than Kaepernick?

He didn't win his lawsuit against the NFL, but it was settled out of court. Without knowing inner details, I don't think teams colluded against him. Team execs individually decided he's not worth the fan backlash, and it's certainly possible some of them had conversations about it privately.

Nov 8, 2012
I'm not a Kaepernick fan, but he was good enough to be a backup on some team. There are awful QBs on NFL rosters to this day. Some even make millions in annual salary. You're attributing the team's record to 1 guy who played merely decent for the last few seasons. Just to pull a random example, are we sure Mitch Trubiski is currently a better QB than Kaepernick?

He didn't win his lawsuit against the NFL, but it was settled out of court. Without knowing inner details, I don't think teams colluded against him. Team execs individually decided he's not worth the fan backlash, and it's certainly possible some of them had conversations about it privately.

I don't think anyone disagrees that he was probably still good enough to be a backup QB. The point is that he definitely didn't get "fired" (he resigned himself) and he definitely wasn't starter material.

The problem is that all of the negative publicity outweighed him sitting as backup. Any starter could have likely gotten away with kneeling and all that - as others indicated you can beat your wife/kids and do drunk driving and no one cares if it's a star player.

LikeLinus

Lifer
Jul 25, 2001
Here are your options:

1. You have a decent looking girl who is well mannered and is a joy to be around.

2. You have a decent looking girl who stands up in the middle of the restaurant during your date to tell everyone they shouldn't eat the meat because vegan is the way to go and you're killing animals. Then breaks up with you and begs to get back with you. When you say no, she sends out mass text to all your friends telling them she is holding a speed dating event to see if any of your friends want her.

I'm going to let you figure out why teams will accept Trubiski vs Kap.

Last edited: