Discussion NFL DIVISIONAL PLAYOFF WEEKEND!

Page 8 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

BUTCH1

Lifer
Jul 15, 2000
Oh, I totally agree. But he just gave TB 20 points because he's too short. I never thought it would be so obvious, especially from a proven, HOFer, (raging homophobe) like Drew Brees, but I still saw it. It was a strange thing.

Yet somehow despite being "too short" he's a 1st ballot HOF player w2ho's been around for 19 years. He had an injury about a month ago, multiple cracked ribs and a collapsed lung, I had a single broken rib last year, the pain is excruciating and clearly Brees was lacking arm strength last night, he might be done but if so he's had a hell of a run.

Captante

Lifer
Oct 20, 2003
Just to note that all my picks were correct. :cool:

Nice work! :)

3-4 for me but the one I got wrong (Saints) was also who I was leaning towards going to the Superbowl for the NFC. Between that and Mahomes going down I'll need to re-calculate!

:D

Have to say this weekends games were a bit under-whelming... in fact the one I had the lowest expectations for (Chiefs/Browns) turned out the best of the bunch!

Last edited:

13Gigatons

Diamond Member
Apr 19, 2005
Nice work! :)
and Mahomes going down I'll need to re-calculate!

:D

Have to say this weekends games were a bit under-whelming... in fact the one I had the lowest expectations for (Chiefs/Browns) turned out the best of the bunch!

The Game was good but the Browns couldn't defeat the Chiefs even after Mahomes went down...they had a good chance...sigh.

We'll see if Mahomes has any lingering effects next week.

Reactions: Captante

Svnla

Lifer
Nov 10, 2003
My betting average is back down to 50%. <sad panda>

My picks - GB over TB, and KC over Bills ("if" PM is able to play). I reserve to change my mind up until the minute before the starting of this game.

Captante

Lifer
Oct 20, 2003
I'm leaning towards the Bills even if Mahomes can play since I doubt he'll be better then 75% although I'm not making my final call on the AFC just yet. Need to peruse the injury-reports beyond QB.

Going with Tampa to upset GB though despite the cold weather! :)

Nov 20, 2009
So, Brady quietly walking into the NFC conference game and everyone in New England turning to look the other way. Now let's see if they can demolish GB.

zinfamous

No Lifer
Jul 12, 2006
Yet somehow despite being "too short" he's a 1st ballot HOF player w2ho's been around for 19 years. He had an injury about a month ago, multiple cracked ribs and a collapsed lung, I had a single broken rib last year, the pain is excruciating and clearly Brees was lacking arm strength last night, he might be done but if so he's had a hell of a run.

I know.

What's with you guys, anyway? I understand all of this about Brees. It's like I'm insulting your mothers or something FFS.

JEDI

Lifer
Sep 25, 2001
would love to see Bills vs Tampa Bay in the Superbowl.

Bills finally breaking their curse vs Brady getting #7 and being the Greatest of ALL time (GOAT)

Hell of a story either way

Reactions: Captante

Captante

Lifer
Oct 20, 2003
would love to see Bills vs Tampa Bay in the Superbowl.

Bills finally breaking their curse vs Brady getting #7 and being the Greatest of ALL time (GOAT)

Hell of a story either way

You may never have a better shot ... I'm favoring Tampa AND Buffalo at this point although I have yet to "officially" pick the Bills over the Chiefs.

BUTCH1

Lifer
Jul 15, 2000
I know.

What's with you guys, anyway? I understand all of this about Brees. It's like I'm insulting your mothers or something FFS.
Probably because so many told Brees "no, you fucking can't, your too short" and he said "fuck you, watch me", not a Saints fan, but tons of respect for that dude.

BUTCH1

Lifer
Jul 15, 2000
Bills vs Packers. Let's go!
Congrats for the Bills and their fans, they've built quite a nicely balanced team, well coached too, I give them a real good shot of taking it all this year, classy Bills "mafia" actually donated to Jackson's charity to the tune of $75K plus, just too damm cool.

BUTCH1

Lifer
Jul 15, 2000
i wanted the Browns to win.
they never made it to even play in the Superbowl EVER. :eek:
The fumble in the EZ is just a horrible rule and the ref clearly blew the helmet to helmet contact that caused the fumble to begin with.

MrSquished

Lifer
Jan 14, 2013
Sounds like Mahomes will play. He passed all his tests today and they said he didn't hit his head, he tweaked a nerve in his neck. When I saw the replay I didn't see any dramatic head impact there, so that could be the case.

The fumble in the EZ is just a horrible rule and the ref clearly blew the helmet to helmet contact that caused the fumble to begin with.

The tackler didn't even try to extend his arms like he was making a tackle, he just led with his head. They even reviewed the play, but that part of the play was not reviewable. Such arcane replay rules in the NFL still. They just can't get it right.

JEDI

Lifer
Sep 25, 2001
Congrats for the Bills and their fans, they've built quite a nicely balanced team, well coached too, I give them a real good shot of taking it all this year,
assuming mahoney plays at 100% his weekend.

BUTCH1

Lifer
Jul 15, 2000
assuming mahoney plays at 100% his weekend.
If he's allowed to play at all, the NFL concussion protocol means only an independent neurologist can clear him to play, who knows how badly he was dinged, saying he "feels great" by the coach carries zero weight to a Dr.

digiram

Diamond Member
Apr 17, 2004
i wanted the Browns to win.
they never made it to even play in the Superbowl EVER. :eek:

Same here.. Just so I could have a chance to see them at Bills Stadium this weekend. My cousin is a newer season ticket holder, so we couldn't get in for wild card or div round, but our chances of getting tix for AFC Champ game would've been pretty good.

BUTCH1

Lifer
Jul 15, 2000
Mahomes won't want to get hit, Bills win it all after crushing Tommy boy.
You're assuming that Tampa can best a very good Green Bay team with their QB playing like a total beast and playing at home on a frigid field, we'll see what happens.