Nexus FLC-3000

smartidiot89

Dec 7, 2008
Hello! Firstly I want to say this is my first topic ever on Anandtech :D

I have had my eyes on Nexus FLC-3000 cooler and wish to perhaps buy it too my coming Phenom II system, thou I wonder how does it actually perform? atm the price on this is the same as Thermalright Ultra Extreme, but its much small which is always prefered :)

Anyone have any reviews, or actually own this CPU cooler?

Zepper

Elite Member
May 1, 2001
Several things seem wrong about that thing to me. Least of which is running a sleeve bearing fan at an angle like that is sure to shorten its life considerably when used in a desktop style case (the fan looks like it will be vertically oriented in most tower cases). There is certainly a family resemblance to another line of coolers out there which place the main section properly vertical to the mobo. I also don't care for proprietary fans, but perhaps they will be as easy to replace with standard fans as Zalmans are for instance. Shouldn't surprise anyone as Nexus is really a packager, not a manufacturer. I guess you can pay more for your fun if you want, it's your money...

.bh.

XrayDoc

Apr 20, 2006
I am also very interested in both the Nexus FLC-3000 and the Nexus Low-7000. In a mid tower case with a side window fan, the major coolers from Thermalright, Cooler Master, Noctua, Zalman and Thermaltake are just too tall. I'd love to see some reviews on both of these coolers as I'm sure I'm going to buy one of them.