Next stop, Hooverville-

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Ajay

Lifer
Jan 8, 2001
Saw this story on Kyle Kulinski's channel today. Scary shit.

Damn, haven't given much thought to that till now. Hello great depression, it's us again making the same mistakes again, oh, and as an added bonus, we've added a pandemic - how do you like us now!
Next time and for a while to come, I hope, we will elect a presidents that don't treat america like a reality TV show; because this kind of reality bites!

brycejones

Lifer
Oct 18, 2005
Damn, haven't given much thought to that till now. Hello great depression, it's us again making the same mistakes again, oh, and as an added bonus, we've added a pandemic - how do you like us now!
Next time and for a while to come, I hope, we will elect a presidents that don't treat america like a reality TV show; because this kind of reality bites!
So you’re tired of the winning? Trumps ratings are amazing! So much better than Hillary or Sleepy Joe. Those on the street or going hungry can take comfort in having a President with such high ratings.

Ajay

Lifer
Jan 8, 2001
So you’re tired of the winning? Trumps ratings are amazing! So much better than Hillary or Sleepy Joe. Those on the street or going hungry can take comfort in having a President with such high ratings.
Trump is downright killing people due to lake of action, he's aiding and abetting the virus to stay popular with his base. Maybe we should start chanting Lock Him Up. And, apparently, the rest of the GOP has no shame; since they aren't openly opposing not just his incompetence (that ship already sailed), but his deadly approach to the pandemic. I didn't think it could get worse :(

nickqt

Diamond Member
Jan 15, 2015
I'll keep saying it if appropriate wherever I can.

$10,000 to every adult US Citizen, costs $1.8T (1/2 of what's already been spent so far just on stimulus).

Almost all of that $10,000 per US citizen will be spent within a few months. And the money pays off land lords, credit card companies, grocery stores, gas stations, oil suppliers, small businesses, large businesses, corporations. And it ALL goes to the banks.

It's almost like, US citizens are the basis of the economy! Like, if they can't buy stuff, then the economy stalls! That the real job creators is the DEMAND from INDIVIDUALS. Or...maybe all we really need is just more tax breaks for people who make $10,000 an hour.

That the US government continues ignoring Americans and instead continues funneling money to the richest people in the solar system and the banks they own and operate is criminal. Maybe some day when the Capitalism Death Cult isn't in control we can, you know, salvage what's left of US society or whatever.