NewYorkTimes Attacks Lolo Jones!

Apr 27, 2012
http://www.upi.com/blog/2012/08/08/...day-Show-fires-back-at-critics/5521344433138/

http://www.foxnews.com/sports/2012/...race-in-2016/?intcmp=trending?test=latestnews

Lolo Jones was viciously targeted by Jere Longman of the Times and he alleges she is known only for her looks and not her accomplishments as well as her exotic beauty since she is mixed race.

Sports Illustrated, Reuters and even the editor for the Times have stated what he did was unnecessary. There was no reason to attack her the way he did.

I was disgusted by this article, Lolo Jones works very hard, 6 days a week every day for 4 years. Many have stated that she was attacked due to her Christian beliefs just like Tim Tebow but the Times is feeling backlash over this article. The Times has once again shown there true colors.

Lolo Jones after hearing about broke down and started crying over what happened.

Do you think the Times went too far and what they did was unnecessary?

gregulator

Apr 23, 2000
Holy WTF Batman? Didn't she get 4th in the hurdles? <sarcasm>Yep, total failure. She sucks.</sarcasm>

Sensationalism sells stories I guess. Too bad it was directed at a hard working athlete that chose to dedicate her life to representing our country.

Last edited:

MrMuppet

Jun 26, 2012
Her beauty doesn't really look all that 'exotic' to me. Slightly, perhaps, but she looks about as mixed as Jessica Alba tbh.

edit: She does remind me of Rashida Jones a bit.

Last edited:

hal2kilo

Lifer
Feb 24, 2009
http://www.upi.com/blog/2012/08/08/...day-Show-fires-back-at-critics/5521344433138/

http://www.foxnews.com/sports/2012/...race-in-2016/?intcmp=trending?test=latestnews

Lolo Jones was viciously targeted by Jere Longman of the Times and he alleges she is known only for her looks and not her accomplishments as well as her exotic beauty since she is mixed race.

Sports Illustrated, Reuters and even the editor for the Times have stated what he did was unnecessary. There was no reason to attack her the way he did.

I was disgusted by this article, Lolo Jones works very hard, 6 days a week every day for 4 years. Many have stated that she was attacked due to her Christian beliefs just like Tim Tebow but the Times is feeling backlash over this article. The Times has once again shown there true colors.

Lolo Jones after hearing about broke down and started crying over what happened.

Do you think the Times went too far and what they did was unnecessary?

Yea, one idiot sports reporter saying stupid stuff is truly representative of the NY Times as a whole.

Apr 27, 2012
Holy WTF Batman? Didn't she get 4th in the hurdles? <sarcasm>Yep, total failure. She sucks.</sarcasm>

Sensationalism sells stories I guess. Too bad it was directed at a hard working athlete that chose to dedicate her life to representing our country.

What else would you expect from the Times

techs

Lifer
Sep 26, 2000
Yeah, still no link to the story.

Apparently you are no longer allowed to say anything but good things about Christian athletes.

Nov 30, 2006
The world is full of intolerant anti-Christian bigots like this guy. Glad this scumbag is seeing some backlash on this.

SheHateMe

Diamond Member
Jul 21, 2012
LoloJones600.jpg

lolo-jones-hbo-real-sports-feature.jpg

If she was ugly, he wouldnt have written the article. Whats the big deal? She seems like a good person and she works so hard for a race that only lasts a few seconds. I remember her talking about her life growing up in Iowa, her mom was a single parent and she had 4 kids. The community in Des Moines came together and helped Lolo's mom by taking her to track practice and to church and she talked about how much it means to her to be representing her country in the Olympics. She said she used to cry because of the pain involved in training 6-8 hours a day and that she eventually sucked it up because it was all for the best.

Shes an amazing person, and shame on that guy for slamming her like that.

Last edited:

SheHateMe

Diamond Member
Jul 21, 2012
The world is full of intolerant anti-Christian bigots like this guy. Glad this scumbag is seeing some backlash on this.

The guy who wrote the article is Christian. Great reading skills you have there. His gripe is with her image, not her faith.

werepossum

Elite Member
Jul 10, 2006
LoloJones600.jpg

lolo-jones-hbo-real-sports-feature.jpg

If she was ugly, he wouldnt have written the article. Whats the big deal? She seems like a good person and she works so hard for a race that only lasts a few seconds. I remember her talking about her life growing up in Iowa, her mom was a single parent and she had 4 kids. The community in Des Moines came together and helped Lolo's mom by taking her to track practice and to church and she talked about how much it means to her to be representing her country in the Olympics.

Shes an amazing person, and shame on that guy for slamming her like that.
Agreed. There's been a rash of slamming on Olympic athletes this time around - that Flying Squirrel chick was getting slammed for having a ponytail rather than a bun.

techs

Lifer
Sep 26, 2000

I only had to read half the article.
The guy is 100 percent correct. Lolo has turned herself into a brand. She can't blame other people for doing this. Appearing naked on ESPN the magazine and nearly naked on another magazine while at the same time constantly talking about her Christian values?

The writer is saying she has gotten far, far, far more publicity than other female athletes because of her looks, her sexy advertisements etc and that is not fair to the other athletes.

I am amazed that anyone would disagree with the article.

waggy

No Lifer
Dec 14, 2000
Agreed. There's been a rash of slamming on Olympic athletes this time around - that Flying Squirrel chick was getting slammed for having a ponytail rather than a bun.

that and she didn't wear a leotard that was red,white and blue. I couldn't believe some of the stories. Who cares how she wears her hear or what style her leo is?

the article the guy wrote was insane.

SheHateMe

Diamond Member
Jul 21, 2012
Jere Longman is a Christian? Please quote that part of the article.

My bad, I mixed up two articles I was reading. So, I apologize for saying hes a Christian. However, you are wrong that he is Anti-Christian. Just because he slammed Lolo doesnt mean he is against Christians...actually, he did a really wonderful article on a devout Christian athlete A Runner&#8217;s Belief: God Is His Coach

Thats SEVEN whole pages + time spent with the subject who seems to talk about God all day.

Yep, he seems like a bigot to me. I think he is more annoyed that people are focusing on Lolo's looks rather than he athletic prowess..actually, two women from the USA Track and Field team went on NBC the other day and said that it wasnt fair that Lolo is being focused on so much...especially after they both brought home Gold medals for the US and she didnt bring home anything...seems like favoritism..but they werent as good looking as her either, so :)

SheHateMe

Diamond Member
Jul 21, 2012
that and she didn't wear a leotard that was red,white and blue. I couldn't believe some of the stories. Who cares how she wears her hear or what style her leo is?

the article the guy wrote was insane.

You forgot TMZ also putting out an article saying that he mother filed for bankruptcy. Its nobody's business...but you know, you have to find some way to dull the moment with negativity.

waggy

No Lifer
Dec 14, 2000
You forgot TMZ also putting out an article saying that he mother filed for bankruptcy. Its nobody's business...but you know, you have to find some way to dull the moment with negativity.

yeah but her filling for bankruptcy does not suprise me. fuck gymnastics is a expensive sport heh

Nov 30, 2006
My bad, I mixed up two articles I was reading. So, I apologize for saying hes a Christian. However, you are wrong that he is Anti-Christian. Just because he slammed Lolo doesnt mean he is against Christians...actually, he did a really wonderful article on a devout Christian athlete A Runner’s Belief: God Is His Coach

Thats SEVEN whole pages + time spent with the subject who seems to talk about God all day.

Yep, he seems like a bigot to me. I think he is more annoyed that people are focusing on Lolo's looks rather than he athletic prowess..actually, two women from the USA Track and Field team went on NBC the other day and said that it wasnt fair that Lolo is being focused on so much...especially after they both brought home Gold medals for the US and she didnt bring home anything...seems like favoritism..but they werent as good looking as her either, so :)
Apology accepted.

PricklyPete

Lifer
Sep 17, 2002
It is favoritism, because she is seriously HOT. I have a huge thing for Lolo...and it is not just because she is good looking, but because she is in fact an accomplished athlete who completely deserves to be in the olympics. For some dickless reporter to try to belittle her by saying she is not worthy just because she is supplementing her performance by taking advantage of her looks for publicity...that's just shitty. Who cares. She has dedicated a lot of her life to training for the sport. Who wouldn't take advantage of their looks to then get endorsement contracts and stuff.