Newton: number of local pistol permits issued rises

michal1980

Diamond Member
Mar 7, 2003
http://t.money.msn.com/now/gun-permits-spike-in-newtown

[q]The numbers are small but significant in Newtown, Conn. More than 200 people have received new local pistol permits through July 24, The Wall Street Journal reported. That's up from 171 permits for all of last year.[/q]

Ban the evil guns. evil evil guns.

Just hold on until we buy more.

Title changed to more accurate title. -Admin DrPizza

Last edited by a moderator:

PottedMeat

Lifer
Apr 17, 2002
where does it say these permits are going to people who are asking for more gun control laws?

Pocatello

Diamond Member
Oct 11, 1999
where does it say these permits are going to people who are asking for more gun control laws?

I'm thinking the people who got these permits aren't anti-gun in the 1st place. Let's not jump the gun, so to speak. Or is this just another anandtech fake outrage post?

michal1980

Diamond Member
Mar 7, 2003

The only thing for month we heard about Newton is how they want guns banned, guns are bad. bla bla bla.

Why? because that's what the message the lib's wanted.

What we learn once again, is that reality is far different then what a select handful of nutters with huge megaphones want.

JulesMaximus

No Lifer
Jul 3, 2003
I have an honest question to ask you gun nutters: If some asshole busts into your child's elementary school and blows away an entire class including your child do you start to question the gun laws in this country? Can you really blame someone who has gone through that experience for wanting to lash out at someone?

FTR-I am a gun owner and a parent.

Triumph

Lifer
Oct 9, 1999
I have an honest question to ask you gun nutters: If some asshole busts into your child's elementary school and blows away an entire class including your child do you start to question the gun laws in this country? Can you really blame someone who has gone through that experience for wanting to lash out at someone?

FTR-I am a gun owner and a parent.

Sure, they're allowed to feel that way. That's why we have other people besides them making decisions, who aren't blinded by emotion over rational thought. Hopefully.

BlueWolf47

Apr 22, 2005
http://t.money.msn.com/now/gun-permits-spike-in-newtown

[q]The numbers are small but significant in Newtown, Conn. More than 200 people have received new local pistol permits through July 24, The Wall Street Journal reported. That's up from 171 permits for all of last year.[/q]

Ban the evil guns. evil evil guns.

Just hold on until we buy more.

Obviously you are using satire to show the absurdity in the NRA's arguments against reasonable gun-control policies.

Otherwise you are making a complete ass of yourself and promoting the typical sterotype of an uneducated gun nut that probably took his sister to prom.

Last edited:

michal1980

Diamond Member
Mar 7, 2003
Obviously you are using satire to show the absurdity in the NRA's arguments against reasonable gun-control policies.

Otherwise you are making a complete ass of yourself and promoting the typical sterotype of an uneducated gun nut that probably took his sister to prom.

No i'm showing the absurdity in listening to a bunch of overly emotional individuals to make national long term policy.

actuarial

Platinum Member
Jan 22, 2009
No i'm showing the absurdity in listening to a bunch of overly emotional individuals to make national long term policy.

You're not showing that at all. You may be trying to show it, but this article has nothing to do with what you're trying to show.

In addition, you haven't factually supported a single thing claimed in either the thread title or opening post.

Can I point to abortions performed in Texas as proof that Republicans are hypocrites when it comes to their pro-life policies?

michal1980

Diamond Member
Mar 7, 2003
You're not showing that at all. You may be trying to show it, but this article has nothing to do with what you're trying to show.

In addition, you haven't factually supported a single thing claimed in either the thread title or opening post.

Can I point to abortions performed in Texas as proof that Republicans are hypocrites when it comes to their pro-life policies?

I'm adopting a tired and true liberal tactic. One person does something it must be true for the group.

After all, republicans are just women hating racist people that hate gays.

dank69

Lifer
Oct 6, 2009
Another pressing issue:

Can michal1980 craft a thread title without a single typo? The world anxiously awaits.

JulesMaximus

No Lifer
Jul 3, 2003
Sure, they're allowed to feel that way. That's why we have other people besides them making decisions, who aren't blinded by emotion over rational thought. Hopefully.

Well, they are entitled to their opinions.

This thread is just a troll thread anyway.

actuarial

Platinum Member
Jan 22, 2009
I'm adopting a tired and true liberal tactic. One person does something it must be true for the group.

After all, republicans are just women hating racist people that hate gays.

So you agree with everything I said...........but liberals?

Your second paragraph doesn't fir with your current line of reasoning. You didn't simply lump all liberals together, you made a comment on the specific actions of individuals without confirming that they were, in fact, part of the group that you had lumped together.

A Texan isn't automatically a hypocrite for passing gun grabber laws due to the republican platform. Now if that Texan were a gun owning republican, they may be a hypocrite. But simply being Texan neither makes them a gun owner nor a republican.

A NYer purchasing a gun isn't necessarily a hypocrite either, as I'm sure you understand that there are many people in New York State who are neither liberal nor registered Democrat.

BlueWolf47

Apr 22, 2005
I would be surprised if michal1980 has voluntary control of his bowls let alone the ability to make an intellectually consistent argument.

UberNeuman

Lifer
Nov 4, 1999
It doesn't. He's just trolling or a complete buffoon. Pick either or both, you won't go wrong.

2463595-35185727_zps13c62a1e.jpg