Newsgroups

Executioner

Oct 24, 1999
I left the newsgroup scene while using giganews about a year ago. I was using Newsleecher for the reader. I've been thinking about getting back into newsgroups again, but curious what are the good newsgroup service providers and readers.

With Newsleecher, they were changing their model to a subscription service instead of renewing your license.

pcslookout

Lifer
Mar 18, 2007
I left the newsgroup scene while using giganews about a year ago. I was using Newsleecher for the reader. I've been thinking about getting back into newsgroups again, but curious what are the good newsgroup service providers and readers.

With Newsleecher, they were changing their model to a subscription service instead of renewing your license.

Astraweb and Tweaknews are pretty good. Though I mainly use Newsdemon because I got a $5 a month special for unlimited newsgroup access. For news readers if you just download nzb files then Alt.Binz 0.39.15 paid with Alt.Binz 0.40 beta just released. Also the free SABnzbd is great if you just use nzb files as well! If you download headers then newsbin or newsleecher is the best!

Loop2kil

Platinum Member
Mar 28, 2004
I use Astraweb and either Newsbin Pro...

ditto and I opted for the $50 for 1 TB with no expiration instead of any of the monthly fees. This works much better and cheaper for me as it usually lasts me quite a while... 1+ years.