News & Reporting Equality

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Jschmuck2

Diamond Member
Jul 13, 2005
Originally posted by: T2T III
I figured this thread would get the blood pressure of you Libs raised by a few points. You always seem to point out that the Republicans are such "odd" people who do no live in the real world. However, as each of you back-peddle through this with your responses, I'm provided with a very good entertainment value. :D

Sorry sparky - I think we're all just doing fine. After all, it's our guy who is going to be in the White House soon. If anything, I would think that rural whackjobs like yourself posting inane things like this is the ultimate sign of desperation and anger.

Feb 6, 2007
Originally posted by: OrByte
The same goes for the rest of his write up. Its all speculation. And the writer does not take into account the fact that SNL does its skits based on what they think is funny NOT what they think is politically advantageous for a particular party. The popularity of skits are based on what viewers think is funny, not on what the media wants to report about it. imho there is some weight to this argument as opposed to the writers argument, that the media only reports the SNL skits that are pro-dem (or liberal in some fashion)

I agree with what you wrote, I just wanted to respond to this paragraph in particular. Conservatives vehemently defend Fox News as unbiased when it comes to reporting, because the raging conservative voices on the station are not newscasters, but political commentators like Rush, Hannity, O'Reilly, Savage, etc. Fine. Then they turn around and point the finger at comedy shows like Daily Show or SNL as being examples of the liberal media. What? Do you not see the complete hypocrisy this represents? Political commentators on a news network are allowed to say whatever they want and it doesn't count, but comedy shows on regular networks (or a network called "Comedy Central") are "the media"? That doesn't fly with me, and it's exactly the type of intellectually retarded argument that makes all these claims of the "liberal media bias" seem ridiculous.

And for God's sake, SNL? Really? That's your liberal media bias? I mean, the show caters to a very young audience; high schoolers and college age males, primarily. Always has. This group overwhelmingly supports Obama. SNL knows their audience and does programming to appeal to that demographic. Should Michael Savage do a pro-Obama rant just for fairness' sake? No, that would be absurd; his target demographic would never stand for it. Why should SNL be expected to offer equal time to anyone when they have never even claimed to be a news show? What a preposterous fucking claim this is...

aphex

Moderator<br>All Things Apple
Jul 19, 2001
Originally posted by: aphex
Sorry but I stopped reading at 'venemous Libs'.

When reality strikes ... running and hiding seems like the best option.

No worries, i'll just start off every thread from now on with 'racist ignorant repubs' :roll:

Moonbeam

Elite Member
Nov 24, 1999
Originally posted by: Moonbeam
Originally posted by: DealMonkey

Me too. Yawn. More railing against the MSM. Zzzzz....

Me too too.

I really hate it when some sniveling little shit of a Republican cowardly bastard slime ball worm implies I might be 'venemous' and on top of that doesn't even know how to spell it.

Moonbeam ... you really surprise me. I recall your posts about 4-5 years back when one could make little sense of your writings. Are you really the same Moonbeam?

Yes it's still me but I've become incredibly stupid. It embarrasses the hell out of me but I do seem now to be much more widely understood.

You did realize, I hope, that I was just trying to fill the shoes of a Venomous Liberal, no? ;)

Tab

Lifer
Sep 15, 2002
Originally posted by: Vic
Originally posted by: Tab
Originally posted by: Vic
Why do liberals hate America? :(

Isn't liberhuals? or libs, or dems, or baby-murder-killers...

Libuhrals, I hate them so MUCH!

:laugh:

T2T III, seriously how to expect to make fun of Obama? Oh no he's educated, physically fit, excellent public speaker, has a attractive wife, kids, a nice house and is going to be the next president!

Hilarious right?

T2T III

Lifer
Oct 9, 1999
Originally posted by: Jschmuck2
Sorry sparky - I think we're all just doing fine. After all, it's our guy who is going to be in the White House soon. If anything, I would think that rural whackjobs like yourself posting inane things like this is the ultimate sign of desperation and anger.
Where did you get the idea that I was in a rural area? What is your guess as to where I reside?

Red Dawn

Elite Member
Jun 4, 2001
Where did you get the idea that I was in a rural area? What is your guess as to where I reside?
Ernest moves to the big city.

T2T III

Lifer
Oct 9, 1999
Originally posted by: MoonbeamYes it's still me but I've become incredibly stupid. It embarrasses the hell out of me but I do seem now to be much more widely understood.

You did realize, I hope, that I was just trying to fill the shoes of a Venomous Liberal, no? ;)
You should market the pill that's raised your intelligence level. You could make lots of money, allow Obama to take most of it via more taxes ... and live off what little remains.

T2T III

Lifer
Oct 9, 1999
Originally posted by: Red Dawn
Isn't that guy dead? :D

Red Dawn

Elite Member
Jun 4, 2001
Originally posted by: Red Dawn
Isn't that guy dead? :D
I'd settle for just his career being dead.

BigDH01

Golden Member
Jul 8, 2005

I quit reading after that line because you can't spell 'venomous.' Upon learning this, I decided not to take your post, or the thread, seriously.

Moonbeam

Elite Member
Nov 24, 1999
Originally posted by: MoonbeamYes it's still me but I've become incredibly stupid. It embarrasses the hell out of me but I do seem now to be much more widely understood.

You should market the pill that's raised your intelligence level. You could make lots of money, allow Obama to take most of it via more taxes ... and live off what little remains.

Yes, but if I sold it to you I'd lose the privilege of reading your, well let's call them, fascinating posts.

Moonbeam

Elite Member
Nov 24, 1999
Originally posted by: BigDH01

I quit reading after that line because you can't spell 'venomous.' Upon learning this, I decided not to take your post, or the thread, seriously.

I despise people who poke fun at other people's spelling. He might be lisdexic.

evident

Lifer
Apr 5, 2005
hey man, what about when SNL lampooned clinton nonstop when he was president?

BigDH01

Golden Member
Jul 8, 2005

I despise people who poke fun at other people's spelling. He might be lisdexic.

If it makes you feel better, I only broach the subject when the misspelling is used in an attempted attack on a person or group. It seems especially disingenuous to make generalizations about a group of people while failing to even properly spell your attack. I would think such an action only serves to highlight the attacker's own ignorance.

DealMonkey

Lifer
Nov 25, 2001

That's rich, coming from an "elite member." You think you're better than everyone else, don't you? :laugh:

T2T III

Lifer
Oct 9, 1999

Well, for that, give yourself a good ol' pat on the back. Do you also stop reading the posts from your fellow Libs on this forum when they spell something wrong? Do you point out their spelling errors?

I thought so. Nothing like a Lib using the old "double standard" just to make themselves happy to have that psuedo-superior feeling.

T2T III

Lifer
Oct 9, 1999

That's rich, coming from an "elite member." You think you're better than everyone else, don't you? :laugh:

No. If I thought I was better than everyone else, I'd have to consider myself a Liberal. :D

Xavier434

Lifer
Oct 14, 2002

No. If I thought I was better than everyone else, I'd have to consider myself a Liberal. :D

Do you believe you are biased against liberals?

T2T III

Lifer
Oct 9, 1999

Me too. Yawn. More railing against the MSM. Zzzzz....

Me too too.

I really hate it when some sniveling little shit of a Republican cowardly bastard slime ball worm implies I might be 'venemous' and on top of that doesn't even know how to spell it.

Have you been to Dictionary.com and looked up the word venemous?

Feb 16, 2005

Yup, I'll stand being called venomous, but you crossed the line with venemous... that's going too far.