News Orgs Working On Stories Tying Cheney Into Plamegate?

BBond

Diamond Member
Oct 3, 2004
Well, the title just about says it all. I can't wait for my issue of WSJ and Bloomberg.

I think I'll have it framed.

Rove, Cheney ---> Bush. :)

News Orgs Working On Stories Tying Cheney Into Plamegate?

The Huffington Post | Posted October 11, 2005 07:28 PM

The Wall Street Journal and Bloomberg are working on stories that point to Vice President Dick Cheney as the target of special prosecutor Patrick Fitzgerald's investigation into the leaking of CIA operative Valerie Plame's name.

EatSpam

Diamond Member
May 1, 2005
This just keeps getting better and better. If Rove and Cheney went down, who would step up to run the country? I don't know if Condi is up to the job.

BBond

Diamond Member
Oct 3, 2004
Originally posted by: yankeesfan
I know people working on stories to refute these works in progress.

I know two outfielders who aren't bright enough to utter the words, "I got it!"

yankeesfan

Diamond Member
Aug 6, 2004
Originally posted by: BBond
Originally posted by: yankeesfan
I know people working on stories to refute these works in progress.

I know two outfielders who aren't bright enough to utter the words, "I got it!"

One of them will have to take the blame for it. I expect Bubba will not be in a Yankee uniform come next season. Dammit Bubba; you screwed your team! I'm going through tough times right now. Bear with me. :(

Feb 10, 2000
Okay, I really, really dislike Vice President Cheney, and I'd go as far as saying that I hate Karl Rove (who has, in my opinion, had a more corrosive effect on American politics than any other person during my lifetime, with the possible exception of Nixon), but I think this kind of reporting is irresponsible on a couple of levels.

First of all, even if Dick Cheney is the target of the Plame investigation, that fact alone says nothing at all about his guilt. Second, is it really a story that journalists are supposedly working on a story to REPORT that he's the target of the investigation?

BTW, I'm not picking on you, BBond, for posting this - I'm picking on "Huffington Post" for publishing it in the first place.

Pabster

Lifer
Apr 15, 2001
Originally posted by: DonVito
BTW, I'm not picking on you, BBond, for posting this - I'm picking on "Huffington Post" for publishing it in the first place.

Bondo is just trolling (yet again). It's been a busy day for him.

Huffington Post is a notorious left-wing nut-job "news" source.

Feb 10, 2000
Originally posted by: Pabster

Bondo is just trolling (yet again). It's been a busy day for him.

Huffington Post is a notorious left-wing nut-job "news" source.

If he's trolling, what are you doing?

Pabster

Lifer
Apr 15, 2001
If he's trolling, what are you doing?

Pointing it out.

It's also hilarious that Bondo has become so frustrated with anti-Bush propaganda (must be a slow "news" day) that he now posts stories about "upcoming stories" as little teasers to keep the circle in shape. A sad state of affairs, indeed.

Todd33

Diamond Member
Oct 16, 2003
X-mas may come early this year. This just in, Pabbie thinks Nixon was a straight shooter.

Feb 10, 2000
...And the circle comes to life.

Is there EVER a point to your posts, in terms of moving the discussion forward? I am as guilty as anyone of indulging in sidebars, but I don't recall a single Pabster post that is even ostensibly meant to contribute anything to a thread.

Pabster

Lifer
Apr 15, 2001
Is there EVER a point to your posts, in terms of moving the discussion forward? I am as guilty as anyone of indulging in sidebars, but I don't recall a single Pabster post that is even ostensibly meant to contribute anything to a thread.

One could say same for the OP. And a few others...

FWIW, check the titles of the threads I've posted here in P&N. I don't post any "forthcoming story" crap meant to incite flame shoots. I always post actual stories with links to back them up, like you're supposed to.

Steeplerot

Lifer
Mar 29, 2004
Originally posted by: Steeplerot
pabster, do you smoke from aluminium cans often?

Do you troll often?

*shakes head sadly*

Depends on your definition and who's reading.

I digress, he's asking you to please put some variety in your posts, it's really boring hearing you go on and on about trolling kool aid etc, know what I mean? get a new act, that one is getting stale.

how about tommorrow you start fresh and try to not point out obvious trolls, (which is trollike itself) or utter the phrase "kool-aid" for one day.

I swear the server has probaly cached those phrases coming from you for quicker posting.

Pabster

Lifer
Apr 15, 2001
Originally posted by: Steeplerot
I digress, he's asking you to please put some variety in your posts, it's really boring hearing you go on and on about trolling kool aid etc, know what I mean? get a new act, that one is getting stale.

Ah, put some variety in my posts. Guess what? I do!

And unlike a certain banned troll in this thread, I don't create additional accounts and continue trolling.

how about tommorrow you start fresh and try to not point out obvious trolls, (which is trollike itself) or utter the phrase "kool-aid" for one day.

I swear the server has probaly cached those phrases coming from you for quicker posting.

You're right. Let's look at some of your recent trolling:

Here we have the usual one-line troll post, completely off-topic

Here you jump in just to troll with a one-liner attack

Another off-topic troll assassin

Just enough time for a personal attack ... notice a pattern here?

Perhaps you'd better revisit your own posting habits and tendencies before trying to single out any one else.

OneOfTheseDays

Diamond Member
Jan 15, 2000
pabster instead of merely shouting troll at everything you disagree with try refuting these claims with actual evidence.

Pabster

Lifer
Apr 15, 2001
Originally posted by: Sudheer Anne
pabster instead of merely shouting troll at everything you disagree with try refuting these claims with actual evidence.

Well, chee, its pretty hard to refute a thread where no evidence is posted, isn't it?

But this thread wasn't created with evidence in mind.

Tab

Lifer
Sep 15, 2002
...And the circle comes to life.

Don't hold your breathe.

Steeplerot

Lifer
Mar 29, 2004

Perhaps you'd better revisit your own posting habits and tendencies before trying to single out any one else.

in other words you derailed this post to troll about others posting habits...

I think the cluetrain just passed you by again.

ever heard the first rule about trolling? don't feed it you are just derailing things farther.

unless it's the message you do not like, that would be you threadcrapping.

please, don't feed what you think is a apparent troll, it just makes things worse. :roll:

back on topic, I am sure many people as myself are watching this with great interest as dick "the dick" cheney's frogmarch to prision has been hoped for for quite a while.

Corn

Diamond Member
Nov 12, 1999
Pabster gets my stamp of approval. This topic is worthy of the discussion it has received thus far. Keep it up!

Pabster

Lifer
Apr 15, 2001
So where are the big stories? Cheney and Plamegate ... hmmm ... I guess they're still "working" on it. <sigh>

Todd33

Diamond Member
Oct 16, 2003
HOWARD FINEMAN, NBC CHIEF POLITICAL CORRESPONDENT: That?s the point of the lance of this whole thing.

Right now, my sense, in reporting this, Chris, is that the Bush family, political family, is at war with itself inside the White House. My sense is, it?s?it?s?it?s?it?s Andy Card, the chief of staff, and his people against Karl Rove, the brain.

MATTHEWS: Right.

FINEMAN: And that runs through a whole lot of things, whether it?s Harriet Miers or Katrina. But it all starts with Iraq.

And some submerged, but now emerging divisions within the administration over why we went into that war, how we went into that war and what was done to sell it. There are people are out for Karl Rove inside that White House, which makes his situation even more perilous.

My understanding, from talking to somebody quite close to this investigation, is that they think there are going to be indictments and possibly Karl Rove could be among them, if not for the act of the leaking information about Valerie Plame, then perhaps for perjury, because he?s now testified four times.

And there are conflicts between what Matt Cooper told the grand jury and what Rove evidently told the jury himself. And Patrick Fitzgerald, the prosecutor, is an absolute stickler for detail who has no political axe to grind here, other than keeping his own credibility. Having put Judy Miller in jail, having gone to the lengths he had, my understand is, he has got some people here, not only Rove, but perhaps Scooter Libby, the vice president?s chief of staff.

MATTHEWS: I also get the sense he reads the law book. He doesn?t care about the politics.

(CROSSTALK)

FINEMAN: That?s what I meant. That?s what I meant. He doesn?t care about the politics.

(CROSSTALK)

MATTHEWS: Let me ask you, you just raised a curtain-raiser for me. I didn?t even know this.

You believe that the fight between those who may be headed toward indictment, the vice president?s chief of staff, Karl Rove, there is a war between them and the people who are going to survive them, Andy Card, etcetera.

FINEMAN: Yes.

MATTHEWS: But is Andy Card saying now, here?s his chance to prove the war was wrong? Is that what this?it?s a shadow fight over that?

FINEMAN: I think it?s possible. I think it?s possible.

Look, when you are up, you?re up big time. Karl Rove was the boy genius.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/9662325/

Interesting to say the least.