Newly elected GOP congressman (NY) appears to have lied about ... EVERYTHING

Page 17 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

nakedfrog

No Lifer
Apr 3, 2001
See, it's things like this that make me think the simulation is either breaking down, or seeing how far it can go before the subjects of the simulation start rejecting it.
Defrauding the Amish for puppies to have at an adoption event is like fictional-villain-backstory fodder.

Mar 11, 2004
See, it's things like this that make me think the simulation is either breaking down, or seeing how far it can go before the subjects of the simulation start rejecting it.
Defrauding the Amish for puppies to have at an adoption event is like fictional-villain-backstory fodder.

The system has become sentient and is looking to purge irrationality by making it so impossible to ignore. But it clearly underestimated how lazy humans are, and how desperate to look the other way instead of actually working to address something they are willing to be.

How is he any different than trump?

Turmp told lies that had tiny fragments of truth! At least according to people who apparently are ok with Turmp lying just as much as this guy about more significant things, but are deeeeeeeeeeply concerned about this guy.

Romney bringing the heat. Good work Sir and I don’t find you the usual shithead Republican of modern times. All I ask is be more consistent with bringing the heat.

Nah, Romney is old school Republican. Pretend to be dignified but he's every bit as much of a piece of shit as this guy is because that veneer of respectability has enabled him to do far more harm.

Haha it never ends

Oh gawd, please, please, please keep this up. I want him to start making up interactions with all these clowns. Please let him claim to have had a 3 way with MonkeyTheGapening and Boobair next. And that Gaetz watched before getting pegged by McConnell. Also, please, please, please Jacob assWohl and O'Keefe buddy up with him to try and fabricate some more nonsense. Maybe that Dunno Daswooza can make a documentary about it.

Mar 11, 2004
Actually, wait, is it just me or is there a rather uncanny resemblance between Sinema and Santos in those pics on the CNN article?

hal2kilo

Lifer
Feb 24, 2009
Really, what type of disorder is needed to be such a pathological liar? While I get the reason to fudge his resume, but to lie about a fake interaction which is caught on camera?
Key word, pathological.

Dave_5k

Golden Member
May 23, 2017

Even better, stole the puppies with fake wires and fake checks, personally participated in a fake charity at auction that he ran 3 days later that somehow had these same exact puppies that he claims he never took, and then after the auction crossed out the name of the charity and wrote in his own name to cash the money into his own account from the "charity" auction.

Then pretended that his checkbook was stolen when he was finally caught some 3 years later during his first attempted campaign, and still managed to get his criminal record expunged.

Pohemi

Diamond Member
Oct 2, 2004
Yeah he isn't simply a pathological liar, he's a scammer/conman. And he victimizes vulnerable people and preys on sympathy (ie fake charities). Now he's a member of the US HoR.

A few in his party have thrown some shade his way but not nearly enough. That guy needs to be burned at the stake (figuratively).

Last edited:
Reactions: Meghan54

tweaker2

Lifer
Aug 5, 2000
Even better, stole the puppies with fake wires and fake checks, personally participated in a fake charity at auction that he ran 3 days later that somehow had these same exact puppies that he claims he never took, and then after the auction crossed out the name of the charity and wrote in his own name to cash the money into his own account from the "charity" auction.

Then pretended that his checkbook was stolen when he was finally caught some 3 years later during his first attempted campaign, and still managed to get his criminal record expunged.

"Friends" in high places that saw a very useful idiot and kept him in play much like how Donald Trump was/is being played by the American, Russian and Arabian aristocrat dynasties he so desperately wants to impress and be as seen as equals to but never will.

Reactions: hal2kilo

HomerJS

Lifer
Feb 6, 2002
He's one of Trump's best students. When the voters allow someone like Trump to lie and gaslight his way to power and public office, others will follow.

Since he quit his committees, now he has a job where he doesn’t have to actually work. He must love that.
How many times when Trump came on the scene were we told lying didn't matter?

Those people know who they are.

allisolm

Elite Member
Administrator
Jan 2, 2001

dawp

Lifer
Jul 2, 2005
He just keeps on keeping on...

Earlier this year the Federal Election Commission said he had to declare an election treasurer. He chose Andrew Olson. Unfortunately, no one seems to be able to find Andrew or even verify his existence. Sound familiar? It would be funny if it weren't so sad that Santos is still in office.

you'd think the GOP would at least reprimand him in some fashion.

nakedfrog

No Lifer
Apr 3, 2001
I guess it depends on whether you continue to expect them to have anything resembling even a pretense of integrity or decency, I think I've sort of given up on that for the foreseeable future.

• Love
Reactions: Pohemi

eelw

Diamond Member
Dec 4, 1999
you'd think the GOP would at least reprimand him in some fashion.
Funny thing is, some GOP house members calling the Dems gutless for not calling for accountability. But he is right, the Dems are just laughing through this clown show.