Newish Computer Not Posting

riva2model64

Dec 13, 2012
Hi all,

My Ryzen 5 1600 computer was working well. I left it alone for 3 months. When I got back, the computer would not post and goes on an infinite reboot cycle. So far I replaced the power supply, memory, motherboard, and graphics card. I unhooked the hard drive to reduce variables. Computer will still not post. Any suggestions?

Specs
Ryzen 5 1600
8x2 GB Crucial Ballistix DDR4 2400
ASRock AB350 Pro4
eVGA 750W G3
RX 580

UsandThem

Elite Member
May 4, 2000
Try clearing your CMOS (and possibly replace the CMOS battery) to see if that fixes your woes.

riva2model64

Dec 13, 2012
Hi UsandThem, I tried doing both on the old mobo before deciding to replace it. New mobo exhibited same symptoms.

Flayed

Nov 30, 2016
If you have tried everything else it must be the cpu I guess. You said you tried it without a disk drive. Did it get to the no boot volume detected message?

Ketchup

Elite Member
Sep 1, 2002
Either the CPU or something inside your case is causing a short. I recommend running the system outside the case to test before replacing anything else.
I short video if you need:

Steltek

Diamond Member
Mar 29, 2001
Either the CPU or something inside your case is causing a short. I recommend running the system outside the case to test before replacing anything else.
I short video if you need:

You posted while I was typing. I guess demented minds think alike.

If you can, try to pull the motherboard from the case and place it on a piece of cardboard or a static bag. Try starting it up by grounding the jumpers and not by using the case switch to see if you might have a grounding problem with your case.

riva2model64

Dec 13, 2012
No video signal, no beeps or error message of any kind. I took the motherboard out for a bench test and place it on an antistatic bag. Shorted power button jumper. No change in symptoms, still no post, no video, infinite reboot cycle. Is it the CPU I guess? I thought CPUs rarely go bad.

Ketchup

Elite Member
Sep 1, 2002
Yes they rarely go bad but unless you leaving something out that's about all that is left.

aigomorla

CPU, Cases&Cooling Mod PC Gaming Mod Elite Member
Super Moderator
Sep 28, 2005
No video signal, no beeps or error message of any kind. I took the motherboard out for a bench test and place it on an antistatic bag. Shorted power button jumper. No change in symptoms, still no post, no video, infinite reboot cycle. Is it the CPU I guess? I thought CPUs rarely go bad.

This is one of the reasons why i dont buy boards which do not have a LCD diag display.

OK... going from what you listed...

It seems the Board is dead, or the CPU is dead.
No beeps, unless you do not have a speaker connected to the board directly, means the board is not even cycling.

That means its not going past initialization to give you diag beeps. Again you must have a speaker connected to the board via header, and not via rear speaker plug. It should look something like this:

EBAY2641.JPG

otherwise you wont hear the beeps the board makes.