Question Newegg has a new GPU-specific site, JustGPU.com!

DAPUNISHER

Super Moderator CPU Forum Mod and Elite Member
Super Moderator
Aug 22, 2001
Umm, what if they just fire the guy doing this and knock his salary off the price of the cards. :)
Employee is like "What are all of you going to spend that nickel on?"

I think this may turn out to be a good idea. Noobs get a quick and dirty, and when they click on the card it takes them straight to the listing on Newegg.

mindless1

Diamond Member
Aug 11, 2001
^ You really think Newegg is selling that many video cards? I take the site being made to be hinting more that Newegg can't sell enough video cards and they hope this boosts sales. Why put forth 1 cent developing and maintaining this if you're moving stock about as fast as you can get it?

Newegg lost a lot of my computer oriented purchases when their site became a mess, and when Amazon got competitive. Undercutting amazon, even by a nickel, brings me closer to buying something from them again.

Leeea

Diamond Member
Apr 3, 2020
Newegg lost a lot of my computer oriented purchases when their site became a mess
Newegg is an actively hostile company to the customer.

They appeared to cooperate with gigabyte to force dangerous PSUs on consumers with GPU combos, preventing said consumers from RMAing said PSUs. PSUs so bad Gigabyte was eventually forced to issue a recall, however it appears Newegg and Gigabyte were completely aware the PSUs were defective and had planned to sweep the whole thing under the rug.

Newegg also has falsely advertised productions as functioning, shipped said product, refused RMA lying to the customer claiming the customer broke it. This is after Newegg sent said product to the manufacturer for repair, decided it was to expensive to repair, received it back, and sold it to the customer in its broken state.

Newegg appears to have modified the appearance of their store to make it more difficult for the consumer to know what products are new, and which products are used.

Amazon is a far safer company to purchase from. They may not be consumer friendly, but they are not actively out to harm the consumer.

Reactions: Aapje and Stuka87

dlerious

Golden Member
Mar 4, 2004
Newegg lost a lot of my computer oriented purchases when their site became a mess, and when Amazon got competitive. Undercutting amazon, even by a nickel, brings me closer to buying something from them again.
I used to buy from Newegg even if Amazon was cheaper by a couple dollars, mainly because of their interface and the ability to drill down into the specs. Newegg went downhill after they sold the business. I still take a chance on lower cost items, but it's pretty rare now.

Reactions: Thunder 57

BoomerD

No Lifer
Feb 26, 2006
Their prices aren't much to brag about either.
Last night, I bought this card :

Only, instead of buying from them, I bought directly from EVGA:

$80 cheaper...and I didn't have to take a chance on NewEgg selling me a used/refurbished card as new.

Reactions: Leeea

mindless1

Diamond Member
Aug 11, 2001
NE also lost my business because they used to have free Fedex shipping, with their warehouse near an airport, as am I, so even at a great distance away, could get 1-2 day shipping times for free.

I'm also near an amazon hub and they can deliver same to next day. Used to be, without prime, Amazon would literally sit on my orders, not ship them for a few days because they'd get to me "too fast" but that seemed to change around (if not a little before) the time Covid started, now shipping ASAP.

That doesn't necessarily make me a fan of Amazon though, they lost that option when they perma-banned me from posting on their site. I could set up a new account to regain that, but it was more benefit to them than me so if that's what they want to do, so be it.

dlerious

Golden Member
Mar 4, 2004
Amazon is pretty awful as a company. If I have to buy from someone that is not NewEgg, I'd prefer an alternative to them.
For online, B&H, Walmart, Best Buy. The prices aren't quite as good, but I do find the occasional deal. I kind of gave up on Best Buy when they started putting things behind their TotalTech service - I don't purchase enough for that extra $200 to be worth it. Other than them, ModMyMods and Performance PCs for watercooling.

DrMrLordX

Lifer
Apr 27, 2000
For online, B&H, Walmart, Best Buy. The prices aren't quite as good, but I do find the occasional deal. I kind of gave up on Best Buy when they started putting things behind their TotalTech service - I don't purchase enough for that extra $200 to be worth it. Other than them, ModMyMods and Performance PCs for watercooling.

For watercooling I shop at Watercool.de. But for RAM it's hard to get stuff anywhere but NewEgg that isn't really limited. I haven't touched BestBuy since they implemented TotalTech - I think that may die down if or when dGPU supplies pick up. B&H is good sometimes. Walmart? Nah they're a whole 'nother level of awful (in different ways).

Stuka87

Diamond Member
Dec 10, 2010
I have always been very happy with B&H, though most of what I buy from them is camera equipment. If they have a computer part I am looking for, I wont hesitate to get it from them.

Newegg is majority owned by Hangzhou New Century Information Technology Co., Ltd. They do not care about consumers at all. They proved that when they purposely sold faulty power supplies. Or had these terrible bundles if you wanted to buy a GPU, you also had to buy a bunch of equipment that was basically eWaste.

B&H Photo is wholly American owned. As are some other retailers.

WilliamM2

Platinum Member
Jun 14, 2012
NE also lost my business because they used to have free Fedex shipping, with their warehouse near an airport, as am I, so even at a great distance away, could get 1-2 day shipping times for free.

I'm also near an amazon hub and they can deliver same to next day. Used to be, without prime, Amazon would literally sit on my orders, not ship them for a few days because they'd get to me "too fast" but that seemed to change around (if not a little before) the time Covid started, now shipping ASAP.

That doesn't necessarily make me a fan of Amazon though, they lost that option when they perma-banned me from posting on their site. I could set up a new account to regain that, but it was more benefit to them than me so if that's what they want to do, so be it.

I prefer Newegg, beacause Amazon does NOT know how to package items at all. Motherboards shipped in just the retail box, hard drives shipped in an envelope, etc.

mindless1

Diamond Member
Aug 11, 2001
^ True but there's a plus side to that. Several times I've bought Amazon warehouse items at over 30% off, where all that was wrong was the box was scuffed or dinged up. Granted, never a hard drive, always buy those new. I'm mostly a bottom feeder when it comes to HDDs so usually buy them at lower cost in external enclosures, so they have another couple layers of shock protection.

Newegg on the other hand, back in the day I bought a lot of their open box products, including motherboards and there was often something wrong, missing capacitors, manually repaired electrical traces, missing heatsink backplate or rear I/O plate, etc. At least I never had a case like Gamer's Nexus where I had to return something and they claimed I caused the problem.

Last edited:

BoomerD

No Lifer
Feb 26, 2006
I prefer Newegg, beacause Amazon does NOT know how to package items at all. Motherboards shipped in just the retail box, hard drives shipped in an envelope, etc.
^ True but there's a plus side to that. Several times I've bought Amazon warehouse items at over 30% off, where all that was wrong was the box was scuffed or dinged up. Granted, never a hard drive, always buy those new. I'm mostly a bottom feeder when it comes to HDDs so usually buy them at lower cost in external enclosures, so they have another couple layers of shock protection.

Newegg on the other hand, back in the day I bought a lot of their open box products, including motherboards and there was often something wrong, missing capacitors, manually repaired electrical traces, missing heatsink backplate or rear I/O plate, etc. At least I never had a case like Gamer's Nexus where I had to return something and they claimed I caused the problem.

Since NewEgg became 100% Chinese-owned, I've stopped doing business with them. Then, the Gamer's Nexus problem with them just sealed it for me.

Reactions: BillClo1 and Leeea