Newegg Getting Worse?

HOML

May 15, 2005
It is true that Newegg has been getting worse and worse? No customer service what so ever, can anyone confirm this?

Zee

Diamond Member
Nov 27, 1999
their emails have slowed down a great deal. about 1-3 days delay before getting a response.

i never call them so don't know about that.

their easy rma rules.

prices are... okay.

shipping prices suck. It's per item or already incorporated into the price. literally. sometimes you see like 35.99 with 4 shipping, or 39.99 with free shipping.

aplefka

Lifer
Feb 29, 2004
Shipping does blow. I shouldn't have to pay $4 per item when they could easily fit into the same box for $5 total.

Pciber

Feb 17, 2004
Originally posted by: Lazee
their emails have slowed down a great deal. about 1-3 days delay before getting a response.

i never call them so don't know about that.

their easy rma rules.

prices are... okay.

shipping prices suck. It's per item or already incorporated into the price. literally. sometimes you see like 35.99 with 4 shipping, or 39.99 with free shipping.

if you ever noticed, newegg combines shipping costs on alot of items, if they fit in one box together. So it ends up being lower than the cost listed, if you buy multiple smaller items. Alot of times if its higher w/ free shipping, its just so the shipping cost isn't calculated by their system, its just at a set cost no matter what.

DaveSimmons

Elite Member
Aug 12, 2001
No, you're 99% wrong on this. The 1% is that pricing has gotten a little worse over time compared to MWave and ZipZoomFly.

Just RMA'd a video card to them, easy online auto RMA request, receipt of box auto-acknowledged, shipment of replacement auto-notified with tracking number.

frankgomez75

Platinum Member
Mar 23, 2004
I just ordered stuff this week:
BenQ 1620 4X Dual Layer/16X Single Layer with 25CD-R's and 25DVDR's for $63 shipped
DLink Gigabit Gaming Router

Fast as hell shipping as usual

cubby1223

Lifer
May 24, 2004
They used to be cool on shipping, where they actually did get very close to actual costs. But a few years ago they ditched that. FedEx saver is done based on the sum of all list shipping prices. The 2-day & next-day shipping are still calculated close to actual costs, though. Sometimes putting together a system, fedex saver is $45 shipping while 2-day is $55 and next day is $65.

And price comparing with other sites - lately I ordered my first system through MWave (had to so I could order Office 2003 OEM), there is a definate reason MWave is cheaper. For starters, my order was packaged in a reused MSI box complete with full MSI tape around all sides. I also had to argue for quite a while with their phone support over whether I purchased Office OEM or Office Retail - as I received a damaged cd from them (obvious defect, a nick in the cd surface). I just could not believe I had to sit there and argue that!

The one thing I really do not like that Newegg is doing is not warrantying a lot of products, lots are shifted over to manufacturers. Had received a bad MSI board, and instead of a typical quick exchange through Newegg, was forced to wait 3+ weeks for the board to get back from MSI!

QueBert

Lifer
Jan 6, 2002
Not a big fan of Newegg, I tried to order a stick of memory last week, I got an email saying my order couldn't be processed (have ordered from them before) Then when I went back to try to replace the order, the item was out of stock.

I googled, and happened to find the exactly same thing on Monarch for much less, was 104 + tax + shipping on Newegg. Monarch I got it for 69 shipped, no tax.

Monach isn't local to me, so the shipping wasn't my usual Newegg where I get it the next day if I order before 2pm. But they seem to have great prices so I might be switching

*shrug*

nageov3t

Lifer
Feb 18, 2004
shipping prices suck, but other than that, I've never had a problem with them.

I usually price check against ZZF or Monarch, and unless there's a significant price difference, go with newegg.