Newegg.com Lanfest 2K7

GnomeCop

Diamond Member
Jun 17, 2002
Just saw this today on the Newegg homepage and the Newegg myspace profile...

Has anyone ever been to LANfest before? I knew some people that attended the PC Gamer / Newegg "showdown LANfest 2k6" last year and they said it was cool because of all the stuff they gave away at their booth.

Seems like it will be a pretty cool event. E-Sports Services, who I believe has been the backbone to some other past events along with the Championship Gaming Series on Direct TV is also a sponsor too...

http://promotions.newegg.com/LANFEST2007/index.html

Anyone who has been to their previous Lanfests care to share what it was like?

GnomeCop

Diamond Member
Jun 17, 2002
looks like they will have PC and console gaming there. Gears of War at an event like this should be interesting. Of course Counter Strike will be played I gather.

TheUnk

Golden Member
Jun 24, 2005
Sometimes I feel like I'm the only PC gamer who can no longer stand CS. I stopped going to LAN parties primarily because all everyone played was CS. It's funny cause whenever they managed to play another game, they all sucked.

Heller

Diamond Member
Jul 10, 2006
I am going, i went to the one last year, aswell as all other major CSS lans. Im driving up to tally tomarow for a css lan with a 3k pot prize.

I've won quite a few aswell :D

GnomeCop

Diamond Member
Jun 17, 2002
I've heard that they usually negotiate cheaper rates withlocal hotels for lanfest attendees, hopefully they are able to do so again. It's an around the clock event all weekend

potato28

Diamond Member
Jun 27, 2005
I thought that the LAN was gonna be in Canada... and the game selection does blow.

Bosconian

Sep 12, 2007
Did you end up going?

I heard there was no security and a bunch of stuff got stolen.

But then I also heard that was no different than previous Newegg Lanfests.