newbie to TeamAnandtech

circut16

Jun 21, 2001
I am interested in d20L but perhaps that's not the best way to use a 4 way xeon.
can anyone give me some advice on what to install on this machine that will actually use the power?
Also Where do you join the Team?

BadThad

Lifer
Feb 22, 2000
Hi and welcome to the DC forums! You will be welcomed here with open arms! :)

I have to make a plea for FIND A DRUG since we REALLY need new members. All you have to do is install the client and put in 2039 for the team number and you're in! I believe the client is fully SMP enabled so that Xeon will crank.

GeoffS

Lifer
Oct 10, 1999
The FaD client will automatically detect the number of processors and run accordingly! :)

GLeeM

Elite Member
Apr 2, 2004
Welcome to new TeAmmate circut16 :)

All you have to do to join the TeAm is run a DC project or projects.

Each project has its own way of "joining" or "attaching" to a TeAm of your choice.

With FaD and Folding@Home you enter at number in the client, 2039 = FaD and 198 = Folding@Home. The BOINC client has you attach to whichever available projects you want to crunch.

Decide your preference for "type" of project and check out the options in that catagory. The "TeAm AnandTech" link in my sig is a good place to start. :) Also, you might want to check out some of the project threads.

My main project is Folding@Home, but on my dual HT Xeon I have run three different projects (sometimes four trying to see which different clients work well together - trying to get the most bang for my buck - different clients use different parts of the processor)

Whatever you choose, have fun!

PS - LOL, all the projects need help :confused:
It would be nice to see TeAm Anandtech in the Top 5 in all of the projects!!