New world record for CPU frequency

crisium

Platinum Member
Aug 19, 2001
Netburst will forever be the closest to the legendary 10GHz mark vaunted by both Intel and AMD many years ago.

Lonyo

Lifer
Aug 10, 2002
But I have a 2.5GHz quad core CPU so that's 10GHz already!

I wonder if Clarkdale will be able to approach those sorts of numbers. Probably not, but a person can dream.
The Pentium variant has a low bus/memory etc speed so that's most likely to come close I'd guess.

Billb2

Diamond Member
Mar 25, 2005
Ugh, no Superpi 1M time?

LOL

It's always interesting to push the button and hope it lasts long enough to get a validation file going.

"Overclocking is best achieved in the dark of the night, accompanied by cold sweats".
- Anonymous

Farfrumhumpn

Banned
Nov 22, 2009
I was honestly hoping to see a CPU that mattered like at the very absolute least an E6600 or maybe an AM2 x2. But a fn celery? And an old ass one at that? I see no point in giving a crap about an 8ghz Oc'd CPU that couldn't do crap compared to a C2D @ stock clocks in real world apps or anything other than maybe folding.

Impressive to see someone dusting off a CPU that they are gonna throw away now but on the other hand not so much to see someone dusting off this old tech. Should we all start dusting off our AXP rig's again, LN2 cool them and start Overclocking like mad? Those days are gone so let them die.

dmens

Platinum Member
Mar 18, 2005
internally the ALU's are running at 2*8.2ghz = 16.4ghz

that's a 61ps clock. now that's really impressive.