New Toy From Playmobil

Safeway

Lifer
Jun 22, 2004
Uh. Who the hell is buying that set and then buying Scientology books? Conspiracy?

rivan

Diamond Member
Jul 8, 2003
Uhm, wow.

<droning voice> New world order. New world order. New world order.</droning voice>

FoBoT

No Lifer
Apr 30, 2001
fobot.com
"Availability: Currently unavailable. We don't know when or if this item will be back in stock. "
well that sucks

Safeway

Lifer
Jun 22, 2004
It seems crazy that something like this was ever started. I mean, come on, who searches for this stuff and then decides to make a mockery of the product?

MotionMan

Lifer
Jan 11, 2006
Originally posted by: Safeway
who searches for this stuff and then decides to make a mockery of the product?

Word of mouth/websites/blogs from the left hand side of the aisle?

MotionMan

May 31, 2001
I was a little disappointed when I first bought this item, because the functionality is limited. My 5 year old son pointed out that the passenger's shoes cannot be removed. Then, we placed a deadly fingernail file underneath the passenger's scarf, and neither the detector doorway nor the security wand picked it up. My son said "that's the worst security ever!". But it turned out to be okay, because when the passenger got on the Playmobil B757 and tried to hijack it, she was mobbed by a couple of other heroic passengers, who only sustained minor injuries in the scuffle, which were treated at the Playmobil Hospital.

The best thing about this product is that it teaches kids about the realities of living in a high-surveillence society. My son said he wants the Playmobil Neighborhood Surveillence System set for Christmas. I've heard that the CC TV cameras on that thing are pretty worthless in terms of quality and motion detection, so I think I'll get him the Playmobil Abu-Gharib Interogation Set instead (it comes with a cute little memo from George Bush).

:laugh:

Seriously, though, this toy provides a great way to educate kids about air travel before a big trip. Playmobil's toys hold up well and keep the little ones entertained, so no gripes. One little oddity to point out is that the xray monitor displaying the bag contents shows what appears to be a fire extinguisher, a duck and several brown poo-shaped objects. The kids don't seem to notice, so, hey, whatever floats your boat when you're on the road, right?

vi edit

Elite Member
Super Moderator
Oct 28, 1999
Originally posted by: ShotgunSteven
I was a little disappointed when I first bought this item, because the functionality is limited. My 5 year old son pointed out that the passenger's shoes cannot be removed. Then, we placed a deadly fingernail file underneath the passenger's scarf, and neither the detector doorway nor the security wand picked it up. My son said "that's the worst security ever!". But it turned out to be okay, because when the passenger got on the Playmobil B757 and tried to hijack it, she was mobbed by a couple of other heroic passengers, who only sustained minor injuries in the scuffle, which were treated at the Playmobil Hospital.
The best thing about this product is that it teaches kids about the realities of living in a high-surveillence society. My son said he wants the Playmobil Neighborhood Surveillence System set for Christmas. I've heard that the CC TV cameras on that thing are pretty worthless in terms of quality and motion detection, so I think I'll get him the Playmobil Abu-Gharib Interogation Set instead (it comes with a cute little memo from George Bush).

:laugh:

That was a hoot to read.

I especially liked the Abu-Gharib Interogation Set dig.

:p

ranmaniac

Golden Member
May 14, 2001
rofl, now all they need is the air marshall set, with the air marshall sitting holding the Time magazine upside down.