New title alert: I just bought a house!!!!!

Page 3 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Dec 27, 2001
Originally posted by: NuclearNed
Originally posted by: Mxylplyx
How big a cave we talking about?

I was in it once several years ago with a buddy. I don't think it is very big, although it has one large room. The part I've been in might go back a couple hundred feet. Who knows? I might find a passage that goes back even further...

If you find any bats in there, you know what to do...............

.....................hire a butler named Alfred.

purepolly

Sep 27, 2002
I'm so happy you got it. It's a house with a personality, the kind you keep for a lifetime.

Great choice!

Squisher

Lifer
Aug 17, 2000
That window room is amazing, but I wonder about summer cooling in TN. Are those windows south or west facing? If so, is there enough tree coverage to keep from baking yourself?

montanafan

Diamond Member
Nov 7, 1999
Congratulations, that's a beautiful home. :thumbsup: I like the area too, I pass through there on my way to Gatlinburg a few times a year, and I've always thought it seemed like a nice place to live.

NuclearNed

Raconteur
May 18, 2001
Originally posted by: Squisher
That window room is amazing, but I wonder about summer cooling in TN. Are those windows south or west facing? If so, is there enough tree coverage to keep from baking yourself?

That room is considered unfinished space - it is basically a really nice screened in porch. It has windows for winter use, but it has no heating or cooling system.

Vic

Elite Member
Jun 12, 2001
Congrats! Very nice place. I love its personality. That house and 5 gorgeous acres almost makes me want to move to TN.