New PS4.5 in the works?

Page 16 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

exar333

Diamond Member
Feb 7, 2004
That's one of the things Sony mentioned yesterday. 1080p gamers can benefit from increased frame rates and much more stable frame rates overall.
Absolutely. Especially as we move forward with more and more graphically intensive titles.

Sep 29, 2004
My only concern is if I end up with a 4k TV. My buddy got one for $450 and it's a decent Vizio model. My current TV has a bum HDMI port so if I find a deal on a 4k TV then maybe it would make sense.

Still I don't get why they didn't put a 4k Blu-ray player in there.
Have you see the price on 4k blu ray players? Its not a cheap addition.

KentState

Diamond Member
Oct 19, 2001
Wondering how you transfer stuff over to the new console if you do a trade in. Not like they are going to let you do that at the store. I know you can resync with the cloud, but that's going to be a long process, even over a 100Mbps connection.

sze5003

Lifer
Aug 18, 2012
Wondering how you transfer stuff over to the new console if you do a trade in. Not like they are going to let you do that at the store. I know you can resync with the cloud, but that's going to be a long process, even over a 100Mbps connection.
Connect an external HD to the ps4 and run the backup option in settings. I'm just going to backup my save games only.

cmdrdredd

Lifer
Dec 12, 2001
My only concern is if I end up with a 4k TV. My buddy got one for $450 and it's a decent Vizio model. My current TV has a bum HDMI port so if I find a deal on a 4k TV then maybe it would make sense.

Still I don't get why they didn't put a 4k Blu-ray player in there.

I'd stick with a 1080p TV unless you can bump your budget to around $2k. Only because bargain bin 4k TVs are pretty much garbage with high input lag, no HDR and very poor panels.

sze5003

Lifer
Aug 18, 2012
I'd stick with a 1080p TV unless you can bump your budget to around $2k. Only because bargain bin 4k TVs are pretty much garbage with high input lag, no HDR and very poor panels.
I wouldn't really want to pay 2k for a TV though. I'm sure by the time I look into getting one I should be able to get one for less. The wasabi 40 inch TV is decent but it's only 2 inches smaller than my current TV.

I'm still debating going to trade in my ps4 to best buy this week. I'll probably end up with the pro anyway though at some point.

cmdrdredd

Lifer
Dec 12, 2001
I'm just saying that low end 4K is probably a downgrade from a good 1080p panel.

If I get the pro and I probably will knowing how I am I'll buy it outright and give my current PS4 away as a gift. It's totally worth more to me to give it to someone than take $120 for it in trade in credit.

sze5003

Lifer
Aug 18, 2012
I'm just saying that low end 4K is probably a downgrade from a good 1080p panel.

If I get the pro and I probably will knowing how I am I'll buy it outright and give my current PS4 away as a gift. It's totally worth more to me to give it to someone than take $120 for it in trade in credit.
Yup that makes sense, my brother could use it although I doubt he has time for it now that he just started college. He's borrowed my Xbox one more than the ps4. That way at least i can offload games on him that I no longer play.

I think it would be best to wait and see how it looks/performs on 1080p for those that don't currently have a 4k TV. Heck I don't even have hd cable and Comcast is screwing me with the bills.