New position for me

May 16, 2000
So this week I begin my new position, Director of the Western Region for Students for Concealed Carry on Campus.

I've been active in general self-defense rights for some time, and in the last couple years I've been focusing on concealed carry. I worked last year with a major court case that had national attention, so I've already been 'in the trenches' somewhat.

I'm really excited about this new role for me. It's brining together a lot of my strengths (debate, speaking, history, political science, writing, technology, organization & management, leadership, etc) for something I really believe in. I've already been placed in contact with some people working for new legislation in my own state that might lead to testimony before the government on this issue. It's been a while since I've been this excited about something.

I know, to most this is either ridiculous or unimportant...but when someone who has as much trouble working within society as I've had gets this excited about doing just that, can't ya spare just a little happiness? :cool:

*goes off to finish building a new membership and contact database for the organization*

Cdubneeddeal

Diamond Member
Oct 22, 2003
Is your org involved with helping students to be able to carry concealed firearms on campus? You know, what. I was going to hook you up with one of my other sisters. Now, no way! I kid.

pyonir

Lifer
Dec 18, 2001
Originally posted by: PrinceofWands
Why's it gotta be one or the other?

"I don't want one position, I want ALL POSITIONS!"

That's what olds usually says...

May 16, 2000
Originally posted by: Cdubneeddeal
Is your org involved with helping students to be able to carry concealed firearms on campus? You know, what. I was going to hook you up with one of my other sisters. Now, no way! I kid.

That's ok, your sisters really weren't all that good.

;)

edro

Lifer
Apr 5, 2002
I fully appreciate and support Concealed Carry, but there is no way in hell you will get any school to allow concealed carry on their campus.

daniel1113

Diamond Member
Jun 6, 2003
Originally posted by: edro
I fully appreciate and support Concealed Carry, but there is no way in hell you will get any school to allow concealed carry on their campus.

That may be true for most private schools but not public schools.

mh47g

May 25, 2007
Originally posted by: daniel1113

Guns have no place on campus grounds. Even if you go to school in Camden, NJ (like myself).

Regs

Lifer
Aug 9, 2002
Originally posted by: mh47g

Guns have no place on campus grounds. Even if you go to school in Camden, NJ (like myself).

Rutgers?

May 16, 2000

Many already do, almost all used to. Unless something changes in current trends it's going to increase in the future.

May 16, 2000
Originally posted by: mh47g

Thanks for your opinion. Too bad there is absolutely no rational support for it, while simultaneously there exists such overwhelming support for allowing it.

But that's a debate for another thread. :cool:

May 16, 2000
Originally posted by: XxPrOdiGyxX
that is a ridiculous job title. you sure you aren't just a security guard that frisks students?

Regional Director is a ridiculous job title? Odd, I could swear I've seen that title in other businesses and organizations before. :cool:

BudAshes

Lifer
Jul 20, 2003
Is the girlfriend starting to finally wonder why you always do it from behind?

XxPrOdiGyxX

Dec 29, 2002
that is a ridiculous job title. you sure you aren't just a security guard that frisks students?

Regional Director is a ridiculous job title? Odd, I could swear I've seen that title in other businesses and organizations before. :cool:

That's part of your title. You stated it as: "Director of the Western Region for Students for Concealed Carry on Campus".

May 16, 2000

That's part of your title. You stated it as: "Director of the Western Region for Students for Concealed Carry on Campus".

Well, if you want to be specific a regional director over washington for say, Bank of America would be, "Director of the Western Region for Bank of America". You can't just say 'Regional Director' because it doesn't specify organization, nor which region. I was just being specific. :cool: