New Poll says the GOP favorability rating is taking a HUGE hit.

Ausm

Lifer
Oct 9, 1999
The GOP’s fav/unfav rating in the poll now stands at 30%/45% (minus-15), which is down from 36%/43% (minus-7) right before the election. That’s compared with the Democratic Party’s 44%/35% rating (plus-9). And other than self-described Republicans and conservatives, just two other groups have a net positive view of the GOP: folks who live in rural America (39%/33%) and folks who live in the South (39%/38%), that’s it. What’s more, asked to give a word or short phrase to describe the Republican Party, 65% offered a negative comment, including MORE THAN HALF of Republicans.

http://firstread.nbcnews.com/_news/...oes-off-the-image-cliff?lite&ocid=msnhp&pos=1

149743_3770639076964_141394797_n.jpg

Feb 4, 2009
I like the idea of the cliff, its the only thing the debt commission did but it's good. Everyone knows spending & taxes need to be addressed. I doubt anything would be done if the fiscal cliff wasn't there. I'd wager any amount that our leaders would continually kick the can without progress. I love that agreement has to happen or everyone gets a kick in the nuts.

Moonbeam

Elite Member
Nov 24, 1999
If you could see how deeply people hate themselves you would also see that The fiscal cliff holds great danger for all politicians. People who hate themselves never blame themselves for their problems but blame anybody else. If the tax rated on the middle class go up it is as likely the public will blame Obama as anybody else. We would not live in a completely insane system of government is we the people weren't the source of the insanity.

Phokus

Lifer
Nov 20, 1999
You're right, Obama is throwing us off the fiscal cliff. Nice cartoon.

Oh the cartoon is accurate alright, Obama is throwing the GOP of the cliff thanks to their insantiy.

I, for one, welcome the GOP becoming a rump party.

Moonbeam

Elite Member
Nov 24, 1999
Oh the cartoon is accurate alright, Obama is throwing the GOP of the cliff thanks to their insantiy.

I, for one, welcome the GOP becoming a rump party.

I look forward to the day when the wonderfully complex morality of conservatives becomes aligned with reality.

glenn1

Lifer
Sep 6, 2000
The GOP’s fav/unfav rating in the poll now stands at 30%/45% (minus-15), which is down from 36%/43% (minus-7) right before the election. That’s compared with the Democratic Party’s 44%/35% rating (plus-9). And other than self-described Republicans and conservatives, just two other groups have a net positive view of the GOP: folks who live in rural America (39%/33%) and folks who live in the South (39%/38%), that’s it. What’s more, asked to give a word or short phrase to describe the Republican Party, 65% offered a negative comment, including MORE THAN HALF of Republicans.

http://firstread.nbcnews.com/_news/...oes-off-the-image-cliff?lite&ocid=msnhp&pos=1

149743_3770639076964_141394797_n.jpg

So what? They don't face re-election for 2 years, which is a long time in politics. They might as well make a stand now since they have time to rehabilitate themselves over time, or allow Democrats to hurt themselves even worse.

Rainsford

Lifer
Apr 25, 2001
So what? They don't face re-election for 2 years, which is a long time in politics. They might as well make a stand now since they have time to rehabilitate themselves over time, or allow Democrats to hurt themselves even worse.

As the last 4 election cycles have proved, 2 years can definitely be a long time in politics. But it's not a guarantee that people won't care about what you did 2 years ago. If we end up with another recession due to the fiscal cliff BS, and people blame Republicans (as polls suggest they're likely to), 2014 might not be far enough away.

The problem is that they're making a stand on things that are hard to sell to the average person in an area that will likely have a long-term impact. Some things can be forgotten in 2 years...I'm not sure that's one of them.

Rainsford

Lifer
Apr 25, 2001

The accuracy of the cartoon comes from the fact that you are in the minority in thinking it's Obama throwing us off the cliff. Politically it will likely be worse for Republicans than Obama/Democrats in general, yet the Republicans continue to push the issue.

Jhhnn

IN MEMORIAM
Nov 11, 1999

Repubs can depend on short term memories only among the faithful, who'll believe anything, accept complete reversals as if they never happened.

They pandered, postured, bullied & extorted their way into an untenable position wrt the Bush tax cuts & the austerity bomb, so they'll now have to pay the price. Dems need do nothing for Repubs to drop to the end of their own rope. Just stand back & smile.

If Repubs actually wanted to offer solutions, they would, but apparently they'd rather keep playing games like McConnell filibustering his own virgin bill 5 minutes after introducing it...

Lemon law

Lifer
Nov 6, 2005
Earth to dimorats, even if Obama and the dems made strong gains in the 11/2012 election in the House, Senate, and the Presidency, its the Republicans who really won the election of 11/2012. And if you don't believe me, just ask John Boehner and Mitch McConnel.

Aug 14, 2001
Nobody likes Republicans, not even themselves.

It's a party full of mental disease. They are all fucked up and mentally sick, if not also outright depressed.

Obama must do something for these Republicans. This is a serious public health issue. Hopefully Obamacare can solve it.

UberNeuman

Lifer
Nov 4, 1999
Nobody likes Republicans, not even themselves.

It's a party full of mental disease. They are all fucked up and mentally sick, if not also outright depressed.

Obama must do something for these Republicans. This is a serious public health issue. Hopefully Obamacare can solve it.

Don't you mean "Romneycare?"

He was for it until he was against it...

dmcowen674

No Lifer
Oct 13, 1999
www.alienbabeltech.com
New Poll says the GOP favorability rating is taking a HUGE hit

GOP and favorability shouldn't be in the same sentence together.

Like I've said, any area of the country that recently voted Republicans in such as Michigan, Wisconsin and Indiana and not happy with the events taking place at the hands of the Republicans they just put in deserve what they are getting.

Oct 30, 2004
I don't believe it. There's too man Joe the Retarded Plumber types who buy the free market dogma and who watch FOX News and who don't mind being buttraped by the top 5%. Heck, Romney still came within only a few million votes of having won the majority of the votes.

michal1980

Diamond Member
Mar 7, 2003
GOP and favorability shouldn't be in the same sentence together.

Like I've said, any area of the country that recently voted Republicans in such as Michigan, Wisconsin and Indiana and not happy with the events taking place at the hands of the Republicans they just put in deserve what they are getting.

Which is why governor walker was reelected twice in two hers? Which is why republicans regained control of the Wisconsin senate?

If republicans are so hated, then they should not agree to any of Obama crappy deals. What do they have to lose?

Why agree to a huge tax increase when it also includes huge spending increases?

Obama has given them two bad choices, take a terrible deal, or the Obama msm will blame you for the crash.

Amazing that Obama not compromising is somehow now ok, after years of the liberals crying that republicans should compromise.

Smoblikat

Diamond Member
Nov 19, 2011

Of course he isnt silly, all we need to do is allow the debt ceiling to be raised even higher like he wants. Those damn republicans are the ones stopping him......bastards.