New Pentium 3 commercials

HellRaven

Feb 5, 2000
The last couple of days these damned P3 commercials have been running a ton. Is it not one of the most idiotic commercials you have ever seen? It is like one of those perfume or jeans commercials - It has no friggin point. It is 3 guys with blue heads (why blue! WTF!) and they got green paint and they draw the three lines in the P3 logo in different ways. Definately tops the dancing cleanroom guys and the "speed up your internet" BS as the worst Intel commercials ever.

DesignDawg

Diamond Member
Oct 9, 1999
Those guys are a world-famous performance group. They're not just some random idea Intel thought up. They hired them for their image, but I think Intel overestimated their renown.

Ricky
DesignDawg

etech

Lifer
Oct 9, 1999
I finally saw one tonight(don't watch much TV). I could only think that Intel should be spending more on engineers and less on ad agency.

atom

Diamond Member
Oct 18, 1999
Yeah, that would be blue man group if I am not mistaken. They actually put on a pretty good live show. Too bad they sunk to this.:)

EDIT: Oops I type too slow...........

DesignDawg

Diamond Member
Oct 9, 1999
I was JUST coming back to post that link! :)

Blue Man Group is actually a hell of a show. They're big in Vegas. Worth seeing if you ever get the chance. --But like I was saying, Intel overestimated their renown, as I don't think MOST people know who the hell they are. See, they were thinking along the lines of "We can hire somebody REALLY famous that everyone thingks is really cool, and have them do something weird, and everyone will be like, 'BADASS!'" Kinda like, if you were selling something to kids, you could hire Britney Spears or NSync for your ad campaign, and they could LITERALLY do ANYTHING, and kids would go crazy. That's what Intel was thinking with BMG. Unfortunately for them, most people look at that commercial and just get enraged by it because it seems pointless and totally arbitrary. I assure you, though, those who know who Blue Man Group is and like them really like the new commercials (even if that is a relatively small niche).

Ricky
DesignDawg

John

Moderator Emeritus<br>Elite Member
Oct 9, 1999
It is obvious that Christmas is right around the corner....

Shuxclams

Diamond Member
Oct 10, 1999
Blue men are a mumenshantz (spelling not even close I am sure)rip off, but entertaining none the less. Do we have a link to thses commercials anywhere? :)

SHUX

Zucchini

Banned
Dec 10, 1999
grumble, they should have just hired britney spears and bsb to sing a little xmas jingle about their processor hehe

amb#cog

Platinum Member
Jan 14, 2000
I've seen the Blue Men Group at the Charles Playhouse in Boston before, and I thouroghly enjoyed it.

I'm really surprised they're not more well known. I've seen em on, Jay Leno, Today Show, Lettermen, etc.

These guys put on a great show, and consistently sell out.
I recommend checking them out if you have the chance. :)

HellRaven

Feb 5, 2000
ahhhh...so THAT was why they used those guys. I consider myself a pretty well versed person and I had no idea they were a performing group. I was talking to a few friends of mine and they had no idea who those 3 guys were either, so at least I am not the only one :)

I second the scantily clad women idea (how could anyone disagree with that?) If they had Britney spears or Christina Aguilera or something they could even truthfully claim that their chips can &quot;Enlarge your hard drive&quot; :)