New Pc Gamer

Grayy_

Mar 9, 2015
I'm sure this forum gets this thread all the time, but I'm new to pc gaming and I'm looking to purchase a gaming pc but the thing is I havent a clue about it

The games is prefer playing would be in the Region of csgo, h1z1 and mincraft.. Bigger games like bf4 or far cry I would play on the ps4

I'm not looking to spend too much money, maybe about 450-550 euro and preferably from custompc.ie

Any tips lads?

Ken g6

Programming Moderator, Elite Member
Dec 11, 1999
So, you want somebody to build this system for you? As usual, custom computer builders charge too much. The ideal thing to do would be to get some cheap pre-built i3, like this (currently £299.97 at amazon.co.uk). Then add a video card yourself, preferably a GeForce GTX 750 or 750 TI.

If you must get a pre-built system from there, I'd go with the AMD "office" build, A10 CPU, 4GB RAM, Win8.1, and no monitor. (Unless you don't have a monitor or do have a copy of Windows?) That's worse than the above, and already €587.99. :\

But the above question is one of [thread=80121]several it would be good if you would answer for us[/thread].

Grayy_

Mar 9, 2015
Hey thanks for the reply and the tips above
Boy am I glad I asked now! Thing is like I said I havent much knowledge about computers and I defintely wouldn't know much about installing a graphics card myself! I think it would be better though, to go with something like you linked and just watch a bunch of YouTube videos and figure out what to do :/

DigDog

Lifer
Jun 3, 2011
Grayy, how old are you?
Building a PC from parts is actually quite easy. You could probably learn most of what there is to know from a 10 minute youtube video.

500 euro is not a lot for a nice system. also, if you have a PS4, why a PC? or rather, why a PC which is less powerful than a PS4 ?

we generally consider the PC to be the big machine, and the PS/XBOX/etc to be the toy.

Grayy_

Mar 9, 2015
im 19 but I'm sorry I don't know what difference that makes, sorry for coming to your forum with a lack of knowledge on the subject like you might lack knowledge of how to help someone out but judge them on what consoles they have and how much money they're wanting to spend

And sorry, I didn't know having a ps4 means I can't own a moderately worse pc than the ps4 has, I'm just trying to play basic games like minecraft and csgo, which I don't want to spend 2000 on!

mfenn

Elite Member
Jan 17, 2010
www.mfenn.com
So, you want somebody to build this system for you? As usual, custom computer builders charge too much. The ideal thing to do would be to get some cheap pre-built i3, like this (currently £299.97 at amazon.co.uk). Then add a video card yourself, preferably a GeForce GTX 750 or 750 TI.

:thumbsup: If you're not comfortable building a whole PC yourself, then this is the way to go. Installing a graphics card is really easy.

Without exploiting the ability to catch deals on individual parts (custom PC build) or take advantage of someone else's economy of scale (add GPU to mainstream PC), you're not going to be able to get a decent machine on your budget.

Grayy_

Mar 9, 2015
The site I've been looking on has a "beginner gaming pc" for 500, even if it is over priced for what it is, would it not do for the likes of minecraft and csgo

mfenn

Elite Member
Jan 17, 2010
www.mfenn.com
The site I've been looking on has a "beginner gaming pc" for 500, even if it is over priced for what it is, would it not do for the likes of minecraft and csgo

It's always helpful if you provide links to the exact products that you're considering. I searched for "beginner gaming pc" on that custompc.ie, and could not find any matches.

I assume you're referring to one of their AMD APU based machines? Quite frankly, those machines are slower than you're PS4.

If you're completely unwilling to do any soft of hardware change yourself, then you should look for a similar APU machine made by one of the big brands (Dell, HP, Lenovo, ASUS, etc.). It'll perform the same as one from custompc.ie, but cost you less.

Grayy_

Mar 9, 2015
I would think buying a pc from dell or HP that could run games would cost minions, no?

nsafreak

Diamond Member
Oct 16, 2001
I would think buying a pc from dell or HP that could run games would cost minions, no?

For the games that you listed, nope not really. CS:GO & Minecraft run just fine on integrated graphics solutions from both AMD & Intel. You can get more detail in CS:GO & H1Z1 if you add a video card to the mix. Even a true gamer PC that's capable of running high end games like BF4, Dishonored, Skyrim, Tomb Raider & The Witcher 2 with a good amount of detail doesn't necessarily have to break the bank. It'll run more than the 500 euro budget you've allowed for but folks have put together gaming builds for around 700 to 800 euro give or take.

I agree with mfenn, get a system from the likes of Lenovo, Dell or HP with something along the lines of an i3 and 8GB of RAM, drop a GTX 750Ti in it and you'll be good to go for your games.

Grayy_

Mar 9, 2015
So there is an option on dell and HP to build a pc and they just do if for you and send it out?

nsafreak

Diamond Member
Oct 16, 2001
Dell, Lenovo and HP all sell their PCs pre-assembled. You can go to their websites to pick and choose components to a limited extent (go from an i3 to an i5, add memory, hard drive space, etc.) and they'll then ship the complete PC to you.

Ken g6

Programming Moderator, Elite Member
Dec 11, 1999
Hm, I think I'd go with an i3's onboard graphics over 8470D, which is half of an 8670D. I'd certainly prefer the i3's CPU power.

Aug 11, 2008
Trust me, a prebuilt like the one linked with an added GT 750 or 750Ti will be a far better gaming machine than that one you linked. I can totally understand being reluctant to build a pc fron scratch, but installing a graphics card is incredibly easy, especially one like those mentioned which will run on the stock power supply.

DigDog

Lifer
Jun 3, 2011
woha, no need to get all pissy. i wanted to know if you were 15 or 20, thats what. i wouldn't trust a kid with building a pc, but you are old enough.

Grayy_

Mar 9, 2015
Okay so im getting from you guys is to buy the pre built system, a separate gt 750 & install it...

Is that all that needs to be done? I have a Monotor that was purchased with a home pc a few years ago so I'll be using that for now.. I also have a mouse and keyboard..

mfenn

Elite Member
Jan 17, 2010
www.mfenn.com
Okay so im getting from you guys is to buy the pre built system, a separate gt 750 & install it...

Is that all that needs to be done? I have a Monotor that was purchased with a home pc a few years ago so I'll be using that for now.. I also have a mouse and keyboard..

We're recommending a GTX 750, but yes, that's the idea. Neither card needs external power, so it's a matter of plugging the card into the free PCIe x16 slot.

I would personally boot up the computer without the GPU first just to make sure that everything is working OK. After that, shut it down, install the card, plug the monitor into the card, and boot it up. Once the machine boots, install the Nvidia drivers and you are ready to game.