Question new monitor for productivity

hardcore_gamer29

Jul 24, 2013
I am looking to buy a new monitor for adobe creative cloud all apps. I am looking for 1440p 27inch with high refresh rate or 4k 27inch 144 hz. which one will you suggest?

Leeea

Diamond Member
Apr 3, 2020
samsung g70a is not curved and is 144hz 27 innch 4k
My mistake.

On a personal level, I dislike that monitor. My 2 cents.

27" is a good gaming size, but for productivity? I think 32" would be 5 inches nicer.

No HDR. The "HDR" support it does have will cause problems and the monitor is better off without it.

Local dimming on that monitor is inferior to nothing. I had a low zone count monitor from Samsung, it just crushes the colors and details together when HDR is used. Awful.

The strobe feature is not compatible with Freesync / Gsync. So pick between blur or variable refresh rate. I had a Samsung monitor that had the exact same feature, and I turned the strobe on. Lost brightness control also with strobe on.

Perhaps take a look at this:

If you want 4k HDR, the cheapest thing is going to be:
But watch the whole video, there are real downsides.

Thing is, for productivity I would argue 4k is worth it.

Last edited:

hardcore_gamer29

Jul 24, 2013
My mistake.

On a personal level, I dislike that monitor. My 2 cents.

27" is a good gaming size, but for productivity? I think 32" would be 5 inches nicer.

No HDR. The "HDR" support it does have will cause problems and the monitor is better off without it.

Local dimming on that monitor is inferior to nothing. I had a low zone count monitor from Samsung, it just crushes the colors and details together when HDR is used. Awful.

The strobe feature is not compatible with Freesync / Gsync. So pick between blur or variable refresh rate. I had a Samsung monitor that had the exact same feature, and I turned the strobe on. Lost brightness control also with strobe on.

Perhaps take a look at this:

If you want 4k HDR, the cheapest thing is going to be:
But watch the whole video, there are real downsides.

Thing is, for productivity I would argue 4k is worth it.
i dont need hdr i just want to run adobe creative cloud all apps and i have bought asus proart 1440p 27 icnhes . how is it? also can you tell if text appears blurry should i reinstall windows?

Leeea

Diamond Member
Apr 3, 2020
also can you tell if text appears blurry should i reinstall windows?
Run windows clear type:

asus proart 1440p 27 icnhes
I am sure it is a great monitor. However, Asus has a bunch of proart models, so I have no way of knowing which you purchased :).

hardcore_gamer29

Jul 24, 2013
Run windows clear type:

I am sure it is a great monitor. However, Asus has a bunch of proart models, so I have no way of knowing which you purchased :).
ASUS Proart Display Pa278Qv

hardcore_gamer29

Jul 24, 2013
Run windows clear type:

i have cancelled it while in transit. i am now eying on 4k monitor with good adobe rgb

aigomorla

CPU, Cases&Cooling Mod PC Gaming Mod Elite Member
Super Moderator
Sep 28, 2005
27 inch is very small for 4k unless you turn up scaling.
Im having issues with 32 inch @ 4k even with 100% scaling sitting about 20 inches away.
Scaling works horribly when you have 2 different monitors on the same system, as you move one window over to the next screen.

Also as others stated, you do not need a high refresh rate on a work monitor, unless its for gaming.
And a high refresh rate on 4k is also pointless unless you have the video card to back it up.

But hell, you can get greedy as hell like i did and go OLED. LG makes a few OLED monitors in 4k, unless your going to have a lot of static desktop icons on it,, which then i would recommend you go FALD Mini LED like a Samsung G8 Neo.

There is also the true and tested LG GQ950, with a nano-ips.

hardcore_gamer29

Jul 24, 2013
Im having issues with 32 inch @ 4k even with 100% scaling sitting about 20 inches away.
Scaling works horribly when you have 2 different monitors on the same system, as you move one window over to the next screen.

Also as others stated, you do not need a high refresh rate on a work monitor, unless its for gaming.
And a high refresh rate on 4k is also pointless unless you have the video card to back it up.

But hell, you can get greedy as hell like i did and go OLED. LG makes a few OLED monitors in 4k, unless your going to have a lot of static desktop icons on it,, which then i would recommend you go FALD Mini LED like a Samsung G8 Neo.

As i said i need for gaming as well as productivity and i have i9 10900k and will buy good gpu later but i guess oled mini led i cant afford how about samsung g70a 144hz 27 inch 4k . How do i know if it will have great color acccuracy

hardcore_gamer29

Jul 24, 2013

so, shall i go with 1440p 27 inches if i sit only 20 inches from screen?

aigomorla

Super Moderator
Sep 28, 2005
so, shall i go with 1440p 27 inches if i sit only 20 inches from screen?

what video card do you have now?
and are you ever intending on going up to upper tier catigory?
That would be around a 6850XT or a RTX 4080 class.

If the answer is no, i wouldn't invest in a 4k until you sorted your budget to get one of those cards, as again, its absolutely pointless getting a high refresh rate 4k, when your card can't even push 60fps on them with the exception of a few games.

Also is your space limitations limiting you to a 27 inch screen?

I personally feel in love with the 32 inch size for everything.
i would push 32 inch unless your desk space has no room for it.

hardcore_gamer29

Jul 24, 2013
what video card do you have now?
and are you ever intending on going up to upper tier catigory?
That would be around a 6850XT or a RTX 4080 class.

If the answer is no, i wouldn't invest in a 4k until you sorted your budget to get one of those cards, as again, its absolutely pointless getting a high refresh rate 4k, when your card can't even push 60fps on them with the exception of a few games.

Also is your space limitations limiting you to a 27 inch screen?

I personally feel in love with the 32 inch size for everything.
i would push 32 inch unless your desk space has no room for it.
gpu is not an issue as i can run dual monitor also. Actually i want to enjoy netflix on pc in 4k also . So, if i scale to 150% in windows in 4k, will it still be sharp in all apps and windows itself? i am eying on this model as well or any other model you suggest with good srgb/adobe rgb and rec?

aigomorla

Super Moderator
Sep 28, 2005
gpu is not an issue as i can run dual monitor also. Actually i want to enjoy netflix on pc in 4k also . So, if i scale to 150% in windows in 4k, will it still be sharp in all apps and windows itself? i am eying on this model as well or any other model you suggest with good srgb/adobe rgb and rec?

thats a 60hz monitor... i thought u wanted a fast one with at least 120hz?

Personally if productivity is all your going to do, then a 60hz monitor is perfectly acceptable.
However if you are going to game on it, then a 120hz i feel is absolute min.

However you would need a beefy video card to even push the monitor past 75hz @ 4k.

hardcore_gamer29

Jul 24, 2013
thats a 60hz monitor... i thought u wanted a fast one with at least 120hz?

Personally if productivity is all your going to do, then a 60hz monitor is perfectly acceptable.
However if you are going to game on it, then a 120hz i feel is absolute min.

However you would need a beefy video card to even push the monitor past 75hz @ 4k.
But i am unable to find 4k monitor 144hz which has good color gamut . Samsung g70a 144hz has only 90% dci also this has only 16.9 million colors not 1 billion

aigomorla

Super Moderator
Sep 28, 2005
But i am unable to find 4k monitor 144hz which has good color gamut . Samsung g70a 144hz has only 90% dci also this has only 16.9 million colors not 1 billion

What is your price range?

Amazon Sale link

Has a 98% DCI and a 144hz panel..
But its pricey especially after today when cyber monday goes away.

Reactions: Leeea

hardcore_gamer29

Jul 24, 2013

aigomorla

Super Moderator
Sep 28, 2005
Backlight bleed ips glow . I dont want these as well as i am mostly in dark room

Backlight bleed is almost unavoidable unless you go OLED or a FALD.
Even VA's have some blacklight bleed. The nano IPS series from LG has a Semi FALD with 32 zones, so you may get less of a black light bleed from those.

But looking for a monitor with near 0 back light bleed is wishing for a bit too much.

hardcore_gamer29

Jul 24, 2013
Backlight bleed is almost unavoidable unless you go OLED or a FALD.
Even VA's have some blacklight bleed. The nano IPS series from LG has a Semi FALD with 32 zones, so you may get less of a black light bleed from those.

But looking for a monitor with near 0 back light bleed is wishing for a bit too much.
i am again ordering asus proart PA278QV and will return it if i dont like it as i can return on amazon but if i buy samsung one then i have to buy directly from samsung and that cannot be returned if i dont like it as it is not amazon.