New Moderator Selection

esquared

Forum Director & Omnipotent Overlord
Forum Director
Oct 8, 2000
This is the official moderator nomination thread for PC Gaming.

We will compile a list of nominees through Monday night. Voting on nominees will take place in this thread Tuesday through Thursday. The candidate with the most votes will have the opportunity to become a moderator for this and one other secondary non-social forum of their choosing.

Either before or after the vote, a candidate can withdraw his or her name from consideration. In the event that the candidate with the most votes withdraws his or her name, the candidate with the next most votes will be extended the opportunity, and so on.

AnandTech resevers the right to veto nominations at our discretion. We will do our best to allow you to pick the candidates you feel best suit the needs of your forum, but we won't allow members who can't follow guidelines to be put in a position to enforce them on others.

We will keep a list of nominees in this thread. If a nominee has been vetoed or has withdrawn their name from consideration, a note will be made next to their name. This will be done to prevent multiple posts nominating the same member. If the member you want to moderate this forum is already on the list, please don't post.

Please only post the name of the nominee in your replies. Please make sure it is spelled correctly before posting.

NOMINEES:

Schadenfroh (already a mod)
KeithTalent
Bateluer
Moonbeam
Mem
Oyeve

Ika

Lifer
Mar 22, 2006
Bateluer gets my vote; I was originally going to nominate him, but he had already been nominated.

Elcs

Diamond Member
Apr 27, 2002
Voted for KeithTalent for his wonderful work alongside apoppin on Hellgate: London.

skace

Lifer
Jan 23, 2001
Something I wanted to ask in the other thread. What happens to the current mods? I think we already have good moderators in both PC Gaming and Console Gaming so I was curious if they were stopping as mods or if this is in addition to. Thanks.

Schadenfroh

Elite Member
Mar 8, 2003
Originally posted by: skace
What happens to the current mods? I think we already have good moderators in both PC Gaming and Console Gaming so I was curious if they were stopping as mods or if this is in addition to. Thanks.

They remain, the one you elect will join them.

shortylickens

No Lifer
Jul 15, 2003
Originally posted by: Schadenfroh
Originally posted by: skace
What happens to the current mods? I think we already have good moderators in both PC Gaming and Console Gaming so I was curious if they were stopping as mods or if this is in addition to. Thanks.
They remain, the one you elect will join them.

So what are you the Senior Moderator of?
All Software, or everything?

Schadenfroh

Elite Member
Mar 8, 2003
Originally posted by: shortylickens
So what are you the Senior Moderator of?

Forum Policy

Senior Moderators, who will also be noted by title, have jurisdiction over all forums. In addition to normal moderation, Senior Moderators are responsible for making decisions concerning permanent bans, advising moderators on actions, reviewing member complaints about moderator activity, and generally making sure moderation at AnandTech is run fairly and efficiently.

CKent

Diamond Member
Aug 17, 2005
Voted Mem. I honestly think Bate is a bit too biased to be a mod. It's no offense, he's probably a great guy if you can look past the fact he financially supports a company which blatantly uses rootkits and doesn't stop despite pressure to do so and an ever-worsening image because of it... but biased people don't make good moderators.