Discussion New language of Trumplish: GOP senator thinks the shutdown fight is over funding for a 1992 fence

Indus

Diamond Member
May 11, 2002
Senator Marsha Blackburn speaking on fox news.. You really have to watch

These are her exact words..

“My hope is you do not see another government shutdown. Nobody wants the government shut down. Nobody wants it shut down. What we want is for the Democrats to negotiate and come to a resolution on this, Since ’92, you’ve had money for 700 miles of border barrier, border fencing. And what we’re saying is it should still be in the budget. What the Democrats are doing is trying to take that out of the budget. That is what this debate is about on border security. The money has been there for every president since ’92,” she claimed. “They have built 700 miles of border barrier. And what Pelosi and the Democrats are saying is ‘let’s take that out of the appropriations process. Let’s not put that money in there.'”

Wait what?? This Trumplish is damn confusing.

Since Marsha Blackburn was elected on "cutting government spending" how about she stop Trump in his massive Government spending tracks?

Last edited:

Thebobo

Lifer
Jun 19, 2006
Selfishly I want another shutdown. But I understand how bad it is for the country.

How about we spend the 5 billion (++) on infrastructure so americans don't die in collapsing bridges, roads stay open ect.

Meghan54

Lifer
Oct 18, 2009
Selfishly I want another shutdown. But I understand how bad it is for the country.

How about we spend the 5 billion (++) on infrastructure so americans don't die in collapsing bridges, roads stay open ect.

Just an FYI, since I see the same mistake being made repeatedly.....

The abbreviation is ETC., not ect. The word is etcetera, giving the abbreviation of etc.