New Keyboard

Jan 31, 2018
I need a new keyboard, and I'm unsure where to turn here.

I had a Corsair K90 (think that right), a Ducky One TKL, and a Razer BlackWidow V2. Every last one failed miserably. :(

What I need:
MX Switches or equivelant to Browns.
RGB coloring. (only controllable via keyboard, please) (if there is only one color, I'm fine with blue)
I don't NEED macro keys, but if I can get them, it's a plus. Otherwise, meh.

I have been searching high and low, and everyone says "This XYZ is great" and " This XYZ sucks!" I don't know who to trust.

Please keep this around $100. :)

In2Photos

Golden Member
Mar 21, 2007
Those are all considered quality keyboards. Can you tell us how they failed miserably? Did they just not perform how you wanted or did they literally fail and stop working?

Reactions: igor_kavinski
Jan 31, 2018
The K90 had the MX Red switches. I didn't like Red switches, and I didn't know any better getting into it. So I just gave it to my brother. He likes it, so yay.
The BlackWidow V2 "sort of" worked in Linux, It worked, but not every aspect of it. But that wasn't such a big problem. But the ultimate issue was that certain keys would no longer click, or not register to the computer.
With this Ducky One I'm on atm, has some keys rubbed off. I know I can just get new keys, but.. And also, It doesn't have a num pad built in. Yes, I'm using an external num pad, but it's not the same.

In2Photos

Golden Member
Mar 21, 2007
So you want a mechanical keyboard with MX Brown or equivalent, with the ten key, and RGB for under $100? I think Igor found the unicorn you are looking for.

Jan 31, 2018
Yeah, I hate typewriter style.

That second one you linked only has MX Reds for that price. MX Blues are only a little more expensive. They don't have a MX Brown selection.

Last edited:
Jan 31, 2018
WHAT THE.. Thank you, Igor.

I see it comes with Blue and Brown for the same price. But, I want to try Blue. Yesterday, I tried one Blue that my brother had. And it felt nice, (MX, I know, but..)

Looks like a knockoff from Corsair. BUT damn does that look nice.

Looked it up, Outemu is made on the budget keyboards. BUT that doesn't scare me one bit.

I might order 2 of these, like you said. Give one to my Dad for Xmas....

Edit: Just bought 2. Thanks, Igor!

Last edited:
Reactions: igor_kavinski

sao123

Lifer
May 27, 2002
Have you looked into Keychron keyboards?
Since you seem to have a switch preference, being able to replace them with any switch without having to unsolder/resolder, seems like an idea.

I am considering the K10 Pro (which is a full size Keyboard with numpad) and Brown Switches, for $110.

Reactions: WhiteNoise