New Ipods revealed

Canai

Diamond Member
Oct 4, 2006
Cool. My 5.5g video just took a shit, and those new nanos look cool :)

torpid

Lifer
Sep 14, 2003
Wow that sucks. The Touch is going to be overpriced, just like the iphone. $300 for 8gb and $400 for 16gb. If that had been 80gb and 160gb I'd be all over it.

michaels

Banned
Nov 30, 2005
How can some idiot who will buy the touch justify the price/gb ratio just because it has onscreen touch?

destrekor

Lifer
Nov 18, 2005
Originally posted by: GTaudiophile
I assume the iPod Touch = iPhone minus the phone part?

essentially, though it is a little thinner than the iPhone.

I'm disappointed. Here I was, thinking the new iPod Touch would draw me to the dark side (even though I just recently bought a Zune), but since its only 8 and 16gb, with the 16gb being $399, I shall stay away for even longer. It's nice seeing the new iPod Classic having a price tag of only $249 for 80gb, considering my 30gb Zune cost about $230. But yea, the whole no HDD thing for the Touch is ridiculous, even if it means it gets to be real thin.

dawks

Diamond Member
Oct 9, 1999
Damnit, I was going to order one, until I saw they are only 8 and 16gigs.. I'll wait then.

QueBert

Lifer
Jan 6, 2002
Originally posted by: torpid
Wow that sucks. The Touch is going to be overpriced, just like the iphone. $300 for 8gb and $400 for 16gb. If that had been 80gb and 160gb I'd be all over it.

16gb of flash storage is pretty good, better battery life and not fragile like HDD units makes it teh winnar for me.

GenHoth

Platinum Member
Jul 5, 2007
$400 FTL
They need to release some smaller and cheaper ones. No way am I paying that much for something that plays music (I have a $30 mp3 player from 3 years ago)

Anubis

No Lifer
Aug 31, 2001
tbqhwy.com
Originally posted by: QueBert

16gb of flash storage is pretty good, better battery life and not fragile like HDD units makes it teh winnar for me.

16 gigs is crap especially seeing as it plays videos

bignateyk

Lifer
Apr 22, 2002
Originally posted by: Anubis

It isn't crap for most people. I'm willing to bet that 95% of people who have ipods dont use more than a couple gigs of storage on them.

I have a 40 gig harddrive on my laptop (the only computer I currently have), and I am still only using 25 gigs of storage on it after 3 years of owning it.

AbAbber2k

Diamond Member
Mar 1, 2005
Anyone see the iTune Ringtones blurb a little further song? $0.99 for each ringtone... AFTER you've already paid for the song. :roll: I thought loading your own music into your ringtones library was pretty standard stuff these days? Fucking greedy assholes. Well... I suppose on my LG I have to BitPim my mp3s into the proper folder. Otherwise I'd have to buy them through Verizon's online bs.

ZeroEffect

Apr 25, 2000
16GB for $400.00 is really disappointing. I thought I was going to be getting my first iPod.

80GB is the minimum - looks like that won't be happening anytime soon on a touch pod :(

flashbacck

Golden Member
Aug 3, 2001
Originally posted by: GenHoth
$400 FTL
They need to release some smaller and cheaper ones. No way am I paying that much for something that plays music (I have a $30 mp3 player from 3 years ago)

Well it looks like it retains most of the nonphone iphone functions. So there's wifi, safari browser, youtube, blahblahblah...

Anubis

No Lifer
Aug 31, 2001
tbqhwy.com
Originally posted by: bignateyk

It isn't crap for most people. I'm willing to bet that 95% of people who have ipods dont use more than a couple gigs of storage on them.

I have a 40 gig harddrive on my laptop (the only computer I currently have), and I am still only using 25 gigs of storage on it after 3 years of owning it.

every person i know that owns an MP3 player of some sort has over 40 gigs of music on their HDD, in in at over 50, is it was all FLAC it be like 300, i currently have well over 1TB of stuff so yes 16 gigs if pure crap for someone who wants access to more then 4 things at once

mchammer187

Diamond Member
Nov 26, 2000

every person i know that owns an MP3 player of some sort has over 40 gigs of music on their HDD, in in at over 50, is it was all FLAC it be like 300, i currently have well over 1TB of stuff so yes 16 gigs if pure crap for someone who wants access to more then 4 things at once

1TB of audio?

what quality is that at

torpid

Lifer
Sep 14, 2003

I would agree were it not for the fact that it costs $400. For that price I expect more storage space.

destrekor

Lifer
Nov 18, 2005

yea I have like 15gb of music, my Zune is like half full. I want to put a lot of episodes of Aqua Teen and Futurama on it as well.

To offer only 16gb for a device with 3.5" display is rather disappointing, because obviously they are toting all the extra features, especially video playback, yet with 16gb your lucky if you can put even a handful of tv episodes, let alone movies, if you happen to listen to a lot of music.

as for the argument of having an iPod barely filled, well those people are not the norm. Normally, owning an iPod means you enjoy music. Enjoying music means you tend to have a lot of it. I enjoy putting my Zune on shuffle when I have it in my car, because I have such a wide variety of music on it and tend to hit it all when I'm driving.

James3shin

Diamond Member
Apr 5, 2004
If the touch has SSD or flash based drives, I personally think the $400 tag is justified.

Anubis

No Lifer
Aug 31, 2001
tbqhwy.com
Originally posted by: mchammer187

1TB of audio?

what quality is that at

no i dont have a TB of audio, most of that TB is videos, i said even if my whole aucio collection was in FLAC it woudl only be in the 300 meg range=, its a long and annoying process reripping stuff