New Intel GPU Drivers

Aikouka

Lifer
Nov 27, 2001
Intel recently released some new graphics drivers for their integrated GPUs in Ivy Bridge and Haswell machines. Normally, I probably wouldn't make a post like this, but their previous driver version (from 11/2013) had a serious audio bug that rendered HDMI bitstreaming useless. I gave the new drivers a shot, and they work great... so far. :p

Just select your OS in the link below, and download your driver!
https://downloadcenter.intel.com/Se...hics+5000&ProdId=3721&LineId=1101&FamilyId=39

piasabird

Lifer
Feb 6, 2002
This is one reason on my computers that I download and install all the optional updates. I still look at the updates before I install them. Sometimes Microsoft will try to update your video card drivers and maybe that might not be such a good idea until someone else tests them. I saw an update to My HD3000 on my Intel 2500k processor.

razel

Platinum Member
May 14, 2002
I always end up installing the MS drivers over the manufacturers. Especially if the release dates are roughly at the same time. The MS drivers are undergo additional testing that the manufacturer may not do.

What I tend to like with the MS drivers most though is less junk on install.

Aikouka

Lifer
Nov 27, 2001
Yeah, Windows Updates is where I saw the driver listed. Although, oddly enough... while Intel lists the release date as sometime in January, I'm pretty sure I checked for a new driver less than a week ago, and I didn't see one. I'm not sure if I just missed it or not, but I'm glad that I don't have to rely on Windows Multi-Channel processing to handle my audio. It worked fine on one of my TVs, but the other kept resetting back to Stereo. :(

gbeirn

Sep 27, 2005

Interesting but it doesn't say which, just select CPUs. Anyway to check this? I am hoping my Celeron 2955U gets it and then maybe hopefully WiDi one day.

Edit: Nope, none for me. Here is the list here: http://downloadmirror.intel.com/23638/eng/ReleaseNotes_GFX_3412_32.pdf

Last edited: