New high res screenies of Crysis 2

TechBoyJK

Lifer
Oct 17, 2002
http://www.incrysis.com/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=851&Itemid=1

Many of the pics have leaked already, but were scans from magazines. They are high res shots. Not sure how many, if any, are in game, and if these are PC or console, but I assume they are console since Crytek said they didn't want to show PC shots yet (probably not to steal the thunder of how the game looks on console).

Either way, it looks f'n good. I like the uniqueness of the buildings and it's crazy to think you can go in to any one you want, destroy it, jump around from building to building, etc.

And apparently the cityscape is very accurate. They used googlemaps, etc. so if you know NYC you should be able to find your way around. Central Park is supposed to be very accurate as well, including the heightmap terrain, etc.. meaning if you have a little grassy knoll you like to sit at in the real park, you shoudl be able to find it in the game.

Even though this city mapping is nothing new.. Midtown Madness did accurate street rendering like 10 years ago, the accuracy should be nice to see.

q011519

Mar 6, 2008
Great, so I guess I should just put a bullet in my PC now and save it the trouble of actually trying to run that game.

Love Crysis so I guess I will have to ask NASA if I can borrow one of their PC's.

TechBoyJK

Lifer
Oct 17, 2002
crysis 2 sounds fun! and i loved crysis 1. totally a game. Crysis Wars online is very fun!

EvilComputer92

Golden Member
Aug 25, 2004
same here. The engine is amazing and powerful, the game was generic shooter rehash.

It was the best single player game of 2007, and was one of the more innovative games to be released. COD4 is generic shooter rehash, Crysis is anything but.

Also all of the shots there are not in game, and it's obvious from the insane amounts of AA being used. The game will look much worse on consoles and PC with no AA and lower resolutions.

Last edited:

Wheezer

Diamond Member
Nov 2, 1999
My PC actually slowed down looking at those screens.....shesh!...better start saving up now.

Rakewell

Platinum Member
Feb 2, 2005
I don't know about anyone else,

But I'm delighted to see man vs man, and not man vs alien in those shots.

TechBoyJK

Lifer
Oct 17, 2002
I don't know about anyone else,

But I'm delighted to see man vs man, and not man vs alien in those shots.

There will be alients. On a positive note, Cervat (director of Crytek) said in an interview (not verbatim) "I admit the alien AI in Crysis was pretty pathetic. They pretty much just floated there and flew around engaging anything with no real intelligence. We spent a lot of time making the alien AI in Crysis 2 very fun to deal with."

zylander

Platinum Member
Aug 25, 2002
It was the best single player game of 2007, and was one of the more innovative games to be released. COD4 is generic shooter rehash, Crysis is anything but.

hahaha, are you kidding? Crysis sucked ass, the only thing Crysis had going for it was that it looked awesome.

simonizor

Golden Member
Feb 8, 2010

Also all of the shots there are not in game, and it's obvious from the insane amounts of AA being used. The game will look much worse on consoles and PC with no AA and lower resolutions.

Crysis your basic alien invasion FPS.. There's absolutely nothing new about that. The plot is about as thin as Kate Moss. Whoo hoo your guy has some military suit that makes him super powerful.. that's not like any other game, is it?

The only thing that Crysis brings to the table is ridiculously good looking graphics. Nothing else about the game is innovative in any way/shape/form.

Fenixgoon

Lifer
Jun 30, 2003
Crysis your basic alien invasion FPS.. There's absolutely nothing new about that. The plot is about as thin as Kate Moss. Whoo hoo your guy has some military suit that makes him super powerful.. that's not like any other game, is it?

The only thing that Crysis brings to the table is ridiculously good looking graphics. Nothing else about the game is innovative in any way/shape/form.

the nano suit gives you a little bit more variability over your typical FPS.

i enjoyed crysis, eye-candy and all. is it the greatest game of all time? no. but it was a good game.

happy medium

Lifer
Jun 8, 2003
I played through both Crysis and Warhead. I found Warhead to be a much better game with great graphics.

TechBoyJK

Lifer
Oct 17, 2002

yea, nothing... nothing at all, except for maybe the totally open sandbox gameplay that is different everytime you play it...

CP5670

Diamond Member
Jun 24, 2004
Nothing else about the game is innovative in any way/shape/form.

You could also say that about 90% of FPSs in the last few years. In fact, I can't think of any singleplayer FPS since then that was clearly better than it.

Crysis was a solid and fun game, and it had more open-ended gameplay and variety in level design than what you typically see in FPSs. These things have been done before in other FPSs but are still rare in general, especially in modern times.

schneiderguy

Lifer
Jun 26, 2006
I'd love to hear examples of FPS's with better gameplay than Crysis from the people who think it sucks.

Call of Duty? Nope, on rails kill millions of respawning enemies. Boring.

Half Life? More varied than Call of Duty, not as fun to play as Crysis. Better story and overall better game than Crysis, sure, but the shooting part of Crysis is superior.

STALKER? The combat isn't very good at all (I'm actually being nice here because I love STALKER :eek:). Great game, and probably better than Crysis, but if you're evaluating it on how fun it is to shoot things it sucks.

From a pure "how fun it is to shoot stuff" perspective, Crysis is the best FPS that has ever been made.

WaitingForNehalem

Platinum Member
Aug 24, 2008
I'd love to hear examples of FPS's with better gameplay than Crysis from the people who think it sucks.

Call of Duty? Nope, on rails kill millions of respawning enemies. Boring.

Half Life? More varied than Call of Duty, not as fun to play as Crysis. Better story and overall better game than Crysis, sure, but the shooting part of Crysis is superior.

STALKER? The combat isn't very good at all (I'm actually being nice here because I love STALKER :eek:). Great game, and probably better than Crysis, but if you're evaluating it on how fun it is to shoot things it sucks.

From a pure "how fun it is to shoot stuff" perspective, Crysis is the best FPS that has ever been made.

CODMW2!!!!! (joking of course)

Pia

Golden Member
Feb 28, 2008
FEAR and Painkiller are the latest I can come up with. Then again, I don't play a lot of FPSs.

The main thing about Crysis that pissed me off was the bad UI and movement. It didn't help that the multiplayer was a buggy, boring mess, that there was exactly zero destructible environment (which had been a big selling point for me), and that the graphic design was thoroughly uninspired. Graphic technology was great though. The deck of the aircraft carrier level looked incredible bathing in sunlight.

TridenT

Lifer
Sep 4, 2006
God damn-it. We don't even have computers that can play Crysis 1 as it is right now at uber-settings! WHAT THE HELL WILL WE DO?