new gpu faulty

hardcore_gamer29

Jul 24, 2013
since i installed new gtx1650 pc giving me problems windows 10 animation ui is lagging not smooth and now i just stopped playing battlefield 4 then i opened netflix on microsoft edge now pc restarted automatically without any error what to do i am fed up with my pc

VirtualLarry

No Lifer
Aug 25, 2001
Link back to original thread? GTX 1650 is the lowest-powered of the GTX 16 family. Does your card use a 6-pin, or no 6-pin? I wonder if your mobo can't supply enough slot power for the card? Is this a branded OEM system? Some SFF-esque rigs won't push the full 75W slot spec. Plus, I think that 75W is total of both +5V and +12V, I think that maybe it only pushes 65W on the +12V.

It could be purely a software issue too.

If you have a spare HDD or SSD around, here's what I would do. Pull the SATA plugs for your current HDD/SSD, temporarily attach the spare HDD/SSD, do a fresh install of Windows 10 1903 64-bit, using an install USB previously created with the MS Media Creation Tool, and then install the newest NVidia drivers. See if it has the same issues. If it does not, then the problem is probably with your OS install or drivers. If it does have the same problem, it could be a hardware issue. (Or still a Windows OS or driver issue, if your older install was also updated to newest versions.)

hardcore_gamer29

Jul 24, 2013
Link back to original thread? GTX 1650 is the lowest-powered of the GTX 16 family. Does your card use a 6-pin, or no 6-pin? I wonder if your mobo can't supply enough slot power for the card? Is this a branded OEM system? Some SFF-esque rigs won't push the full 75W slot spec. Plus, I think that 75W is total of both +5V and +12V, I think that maybe it only pushes 65W on the +12V.

It could be purely a software issue too.

If you have a spare HDD or SSD around, here's what I would do. Pull the SATA plugs for your current HDD/SSD, temporarily attach the spare HDD/SSD, do a fresh install of Windows 10 1903 64-bit, using an install USB previously created with the MS Media Creation Tool, and then install the newest NVidia drivers. See if it has the same issues. If it does not, then the problem is probably with your OS install or drivers. If it does have the same problem, it could be a hardware issue. (Or still a Windows OS or driver issue, if your older install was also updated to newest versions.)
No it does not have power connector and i did sfc scan it found problems and ran win update troubleshooter it also had problms why so much i just installed fresh win yesterday also why ui transition is laggy like it is taking all cpu

VirtualLarry

No Lifer
Aug 25, 2001
and i did sfc scan it found problems and ran win update troubleshooter it also had problms
i just installed fresh win yesterday
By "just installed fresh win", do you mean, you applied the 1903 upgrade to an existing install, or that you blew everything away on that drive (or got another drive), and installed a fresh copy of 1903 on a drive, and you're still having issues?

It sounds to me like the drive might be failing, or you might have a failing SATA HDD in the system, causing slowdowns.

hardcore_gamer29

Jul 24, 2013
By "just installed fresh win", do you mean, you applied the 1903 upgrade to an existing install, or that you blew everything away on that drive (or got another drive), and installed a fresh copy of 1903 on a drive, and you're still having issues?

It sounds to me like the drive might be failing, or you might have a failing SATA HDD in the system, causing slowdowns.
microsoft agent helped me do upgrade without loss of files so works fine now but text and ui transition still lags and i have ssd not hdd