Question New gaming build for 10 year old daughter

motojeff

Mar 21, 2002
Hi, looking to co-op play Far Cry 6 and other games like Back4Blood with my 10 year old daughter.

She’ll use a 1080p monitor and I‘d like to be able to run the latest games at max graphic settings.

I’ve only built intel boxes in the past. I am not up to speed on latest chips/mb.

Could you recommend a MB, Ram, CPU, Graphics Card, Boot Drive, PSU, Case?

No OCing. Lowest cost possible, using quality/reliable brands/parts. Stock cooling?

Thanks! You guys helped me build a high end system a few years ago and it’s been rock solid!

Tech Junky

Diamond Member
Jan 27, 2022

I built this when Intel released ADL last fall. Just edit the parts out that you don't want for the ones you do. The biggest difference will be the GPU you opt to go with.

Recently I upgraded my laptop to ADL as well and finding the RTX3060 inside to be light years ahead of where I was on my previous laptop. The 3060 is a good middle ground when it comes to price vs performance.

While my server build in the link above has been rock solid since built.

DasFox

Diamond Member
Sep 4, 2003
This isn’t meant to be disrespectful, just giving my 2 cents worth, because I know what I’m talking about.

What’s good, or best for someone, is simply based on your needs, and explaining the little you’ve done, has only given us a glimpse for now, not everything.

You might be dying, and you want to just hurry up and build something, but if money is a concern, just look at the prices on Amazon, no joke, I’ve been buying and building my computer parts off of Amazon, there can be some really great deals.

Don’t rush it, take some time and do some home work, in the end, you’ll be better for it.

I know we are talking about a 10 year old and a few games, but rhetorically speaking, what about more games and the future?

When building, you want to make something that is going to be ‘Future Proof’, going to last a few years, and that is based on the types of games you play, the game settings, Med, High, Ultra, 1080p, 1440, good frame rates etc...

Now you might be saying, this is only for a kid and a few games, it’s not the point, it’s what are you wanting to get out of the games, quality and performance.

Some parts, are just a waste of money, so again, it depends.

I would never ask someone what to use, because everyone has their own preferences, and you should take the time to read and research yourself, to find out what suits your best interests, no one else.

So, since you mentioned building Intel, i5 are good for gaming, Ryzen 5, Asus, MSI, Gigabyte motherboards, I personally use Asus ROG.

Corsair, Kingston, Crucial Ram.

Corsair power supplies.

Noctua cpu coolers and for case fans.

Samsung, WD SATA SSD, or nvme if you want.

Graphics cards can be a tough call, seriously research them, I’m a fan of Nvidia, and 4000s are just around the corner.

Evga has the 2060 KO Ultra Gaming, on their site for sale, that’s a decent card, better than a 3050, and some lower end 3060s.

For a case, I just built a box with a Corsair 4000D Airflow, really nice case, great airflow.

When doing Air Cooling, finding a good air cooled case can be tough, but Corsair did a really nice job on this one, and really easy to build in too.

Have fun! :)

Last edited: