New EPA Regulations nearly 25,000 pages long. WTF

michal1980

Diamond Member
Mar 7, 2003
http://cnsnews.com/news/article/ali-meyer/new-epa-regs-issued-under-obama-are-38-times-long-bible

Since Obama took over the EPA has written nearly 25 MILLION words of new regulation

Just who is government for?

How can anyone being to understand what the rules are? This sounds like a bunch of gotcha government.

Oh you failed to follow rule xyz as written on page 13,546? Heres your fine, your email crashed? Heres your fine.

How can anyone process all this crap? Just what good does it do?

DominionSeraph

Diamond Member
Jul 22, 2009

How can anyone being to understand what the rules are?

Damn foreigner can't read English? GET OUTTA MY COUNTRY! Or however you say it in your un-Godly clicks and chirps. I really can't be bothered.

Last edited:

Stewox

Dec 10, 2013
Each big corporation writes it's own part to exempt them selfs and impose regulation on the population, competition and smaller businesses, they combine it with the rest and there you go,a really big piece of "regulation", the shutdown of america in the name of fake environmentalism, all under the excuse of the global warming hoax.

EPARegsFinal.jpg

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wr3l4oPXiAw

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IE7uygdxHtM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s3znWaqIW6s
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hQR1-JJcHLM
https://www.youtube.com/user/TheAlexJonesChannel/search?query=epa

EDIT; Some part appears to be blocked by court - about CO2 emissions of stationary sources (power plants)
http://bizbeatblog.dallasnews.com/2...regulations-for-stationary-power-plants.html/

Last edited:

UglyCasanova

Lifer
Mar 25, 2001
Used to work in (still do to a much less degree) and try to keep up with financial regulatory compliance. It never ends, always changes, and makes no damned sense. Lawmakers and regulators and industry lobbyist, good stuff.

Last edited:

IronWing

No Lifer
Jul 20, 2001
http://cnsnews.com/news/article/ali-meyer/new-epa-regs-issued-under-obama-are-38-times-long-bible

Since Obama took over the EPA has written nearly 25 MILLION words of new regulation

How can anyone being to understand what the rules are? This sounds like a bunch of gotcha government.

Oh you failed to follow rule xyz as written on page 13,546? Heres your fine, your email crashed? Heres your fine.

Your lack of attention span was not a criteria EPA was tasked to worry about.

Jaskalas

Lifer
Jun 23, 2004
Government big business monopoly.

They create rules to DESTROY small business and ensure that only the international corps with a legion of lawyers can swindle or bribe their way out of trouble.

Zorba

Lifer
Oct 22, 1999

They create rules to DESTROY small business and ensure that only the international corps with a legion of lawyers can swindle or bribe their way out of trouble.

Basically this. Big companies push for this crap so they can ensure small companies can't comply, thus adding some barriers to entry.

Made worse by the fact companies like GE hire thousands of lawyers to find every possible loophole.

Last edited:

DucatiMonster696

Diamond Member
Aug 13, 2009
Basically this. Big companies push for this crap so they can ensure small companies can't comply, thus adding some barriers to entry.

Made worse by the fact companies like GE hire thousands of lawyers to find every possible loophole.

Funny how many times I've mentioned this in P&N and yet there is a core contingent on P&N that naively believes rampant and massive government growth and expansion in both its size and the scope of its reach in society is for the betterment of everyone. Nevermind how these very same people then complain about businesses (as a result of such over regulation) start moving jobs overseas.

Last edited:

Drako

Lifer
Jun 9, 2007
We are turning into a nation of lawyers and bureaucrats, where nothing really matters except for regulation. :\

ivwshane

Lifer
May 15, 2000
Reading is hard:(

This report has been updated frequently since the first version was released early in 2011. Many of the issues that were raised then regarding specific regulations have now been resolved—at least to the extent that proposed rules have been finalized. Still, the broader question of whether the Obama Administration’s EPA is “overreaching” in its regulatory efforts has not gone away. Critics both in Congress and outside of it regularly accuse the agency of overkill. In April 2013, in a case involving four of EPA’s greenhouse gas regulatory actions, for example, a dozen states led by Texas asked the Supreme Court to “rein in a usurpatious agency and remind the President and his subordinates that they cannot rule by executive decree.”24
What is different three years after our first report is that there is now a more detailed record of EPA actions to be evaluated. Reviewing that record, we find—
• Many of the proposals that were controversial when our first report was released are now final.
• In general, the proposed versions of these rules served as “high water marks”: none of the final rules is more stringent than what was proposed and the final versions of many of the most controversial rules were made less stringent.
• In revising proposed rules, EPA often relied on data submitted by industry and other stakeholders, acknowledging that it had inadequate or incomplete data when it proposed the rules.
• In several instances, the regulated community was given more time to comply than originally expected.
• Regardless of modifications in the final rules, many of the regulations have been challenged in court by a variety of groups—some seeking more stringent rules, others less stringent.
• Although many of these challenges remain to be heard by the courts, thus far the courts have upheld EPA decisions on the final regulations in most cases.
• The pace of new regulation has slowed considerably since 2011. In part, this may be because a backlog of rules that were remanded to the agency during the Bush Administration has been largely addressed; other rules were delayed until after the 2012 election, perhaps due to political considerations.
• A number of EPA proposals remain under development, with planned or court- ordered promulgation dates on the horizon; many of these remain controversial.

Can anyone spot the issue?

Lol! Righty retards are going to tard!

Rage on mental midgets!

dmcowen674

No Lifer
Oct 13, 1999
www.alienbabeltech.com
New EPA Regulations nearly 25,000 pages long. WTF

Does not meet my approval until 25,001 pages.

Spungo

Diamond Member
Jul 22, 2012

Very true. One of my friends was thinking about making specialized paint for things like model trains because it's actually a huge market that isn't being served. He looked at the legal requirements and gave up. There's no possible way to get into something like that unless you have teams of lawyers and people who do nothing but regulation compliance.

Obama deserves a lot of blame for a lot of things, but I don't think the EPA is one of them.

michal1980

Diamond Member
Mar 7, 2003
Very true. One of my friends was thinking about making specialized paint for things like model trains because it's actually a huge market that isn't being served. He looked at the legal requirements and gave up. There's no possible way to get into something like that unless you have teams of lawyers and people who do nothing but regulation compliance.

Obama deserves a lot of blame for a lot of things, but I don't think the EPA is one of them.

how is the EPA not one of them? He is in charge of the EPA these 25,000 pages were written under his leadership.

I'm not saying this is unique to Obama, but come on man, its not like he hasn't directed the EPA to exert even more control over the people.

How are then 25 million words making life better. Can they be quantified? The snarky assholes here are calling me stupid for not being able to grasp 25,000 pages.

But please tell me who can? @300 wpm it would take someone aprox 58days straight to read just this regulation. This is sear stupidity and a sign our government is getting to big, and bloated.

shira

Diamond Member
Jan 12, 2005

The reason for the voluminous rules is exactly because the legions of lawyers for huge corporations will try to figure out ways around the rules if every possible contingency isn't spelled out and every loophole isn't closed.

shira

Diamond Member
Jan 12, 2005

How much of that 25-million word count is part of the EXISTING regulations that are being modified?

You, of course, assume that there are 25 million new words. Because you're an idiot. But I'm guessing that the vast majority of those words are the existing regulations, and that small sections are being added/revised/deleted.

jhbball

Platinum Member
Mar 20, 2002

the butt-hurt, blathering wise and beautiful woman cries again.

Jon-T

Jun 5, 2011
how is the EPA not one of them? He is in charge of the EPA these 25,000 pages were written under his leadership.

I'm not saying this is unique to Obama, but come on man, its not like he hasn't directed the EPA to exert even more control over the people.

How are then 25 million words making life better. Can they be quantified? The snarky assholes here are calling me stupid for not being able to grasp 25,000 pages.

But please tell me who can? @300 wpm it would take someone aprox 58days straight to read just this regulation. This is sear stupidity and a sign our government is getting to big, and bloated.

Do you know what these EPA regulations cover? Not all of the regulations need to be read by everyone. The company I work for had an accident last year where a tank of 10% Sulphuric acid ruptured and made it into the storm drain. The rules on how to test and cleanup this mess are not needed by a pig farmer.

The pig farmer would have his own section on what to do with 10,000 gallons of pig shit sewage before he dumps it into a river a few miles up stream from a municipal water system.

The guy in charge at a battery factory needs to know nothing about pig shit coliform bacteria. His section deals with how to test and what the limits are for the lead and cadmium he releases into the environment.