New Ducati

LTC8K6

Lifer
Mar 10, 2004
I can't see the connection to Harley riders...

Don't see anyone who wants a Harley changing his mind for that...

JDub02

Diamond Member
Sep 27, 2002
Originally posted by: LTC8K6

Obviously it won't be cross-shopped with a touring bike, like a Road King or Electra Glide, but I can definitely see it cross-shopped with the Harley V-Rod, Yamaha Warrior and V-Max, Suzuki M109R and other "muscle" cruisers.

JulesMaximus

No Lifer
Jul 3, 2003
Originally posted by: JDub02
Originally posted by: LTC8K6

Obviously it won't be cross-shopped with a touring bike, like a Road King or Electra Glide, but I can definitely see it cross-shopped with the Harley V-Rod, Yamaha Warrior and V-Max, Suzuki M109R and other "muscle" cruisers.

Agreed. And for those who don't think it will be cross-shopped don't kid yourselves. As JDub02 said, the Japanese already sell plenty of pavement pounding big displacement cruisers here in the states. As long as Ducati doesn't price themselves out of the market it will sell.

I think it looks cool but I'd like to see more pics of it...not that I'd ever buy one. I wouldn't buy a Harley either though.

DVad3r

Diamond Member
Jan 3, 2005
It looks cool but it will apply to people who have v-rods more than anything. More competition to VMAX etc than Harley.

I like the look of it...

Saga

Banned
Feb 18, 2005
Depending on engine specs (and from the look of it, they will be pretty mean at that) I would venture to suggest it's competition for the V-Max market.

Baked

Lifer
Dec 28, 2004
I don't know what the raves are about, but skeleton motos are ugly. Did they run outta mats when building the bike? Trying to cut down the cost?

Greenman

Lifer
Oct 15, 1999
It's nothing at all like a V-rod, and the people thinking about a Rod wouldn't give it a second glance. It's in the same class as the V-Max and B-king.
I'm not a big fan of "transformers" looking bikes, the V-Max being the prime example, that thing looks like it came out of a Power Rangers movie. I'm not saying that any of them are an inferior machine, but looks wise they've gone in a direction that I don't care for.

DVad3r

Diamond Member
Jan 3, 2005
Originally posted by: Greenman
It's nothing at all like a V-rod, and the people thinking about a Rod wouldn't give it a second glance. It's in the same class as the V-Max and B-king.
I'm not a big fan of "transformers" looking bikes, the V-Max being the prime example, that thing looks like it came out of a Power Rangers movie. I'm not saying that any of them are an inferior machine, but looks wise they've gone in a direction that I don't care for.

The V-Max is an inferior and non practical machine, the fuel tank will last you about 100 km (60 miles) before you need to fill up again. Talk about dumb. That bike is only good for a 20 minute run around and back to the station it is.

angry hampster

Diamond Member
Dec 15, 2007
www.lexaphoto.com
Originally posted by: DVad3r

The V-Max is an inferior and non practical machine, the fuel tank will last you about 100 km (60 miles) before you need to fill up again. Talk about dumb. That bike is only good for a 20 minute run around and back to the station it is.

wot

JDub02

Diamond Member
Sep 27, 2002
Originally posted by: angry hampster

wot

I'm a bit confused too. The bike will hole 4 gallons of gas. Which is a good bit more, in motorcycle terms, than a Harley Sportster which will only hold 3.3 gallons.

The V-Max should be good for ~100 miles between fillups. 120-150 before the tank is dry.

Greenman

Lifer
Oct 15, 1999
Depends on how you ride it. Make it produce all 198 pony's and I'd bet it drinks up a fair bit of fuel. I've emptied the five gallon tank on my V-Rod in 120 miles. It takes a little work, but it can be done.

DVad3r

Diamond Member
Jan 3, 2005
Originally posted by: JDub02
Originally posted by: angry hampster

wot

I'm a bit confused too. The bike will hole 4 gallons of gas. Which is a good bit more, in motorcycle terms, than a Harley Sportster which will only hold 3.3 gallons.

The V-Max should be good for ~100 miles between fillups. 120-150 before the tank is dry.

I read a review of the bike in Canadian Biker magazine where the tester rode the v-max and it lasted him somewhere a little over 100 km before he had to fill up again. He did say he pushed it, coming out of corners especially, but if you have that bike you will obviously push it. He said in the review it's an amazing machine but impractical due to it's short range.

Just sharing what I read... Considering the bike has more HP than most cars on the road I would say that sounds about right.