New countdown on when WE will be passed

Ammocan

Jan 5, 2002
How about we start a new countdown on when BBR will pass us. And they will pass us because they have cut into our lead every day. It's only a matter of time now.

10 TA.................3099206...................................... +8691
11 KWSN!...............................(-6497).................. +3783
12 BBR..................................(-68816).................. +7011

EvilWobbles

Golden Member
Nov 13, 2001
Hmm, I don't like this countdown one bit...

Of course, look at the trend from today and they won't catch us ;)

We just need everyone to assimilate one or two machines and we can keep BBR at bay!

more....more...more....

(where have I heard that before? ;))

networkman

Lifer
Apr 23, 2000
As soon as my race with FlorianRed ends - probably in the next 24 hours :eek: I'll be adding some more CPU power to S@H - most likely a 1.2 Tbird and an XP1800(both of which are not currently assembled.. just pieces on the shelf.) ;)

RaySun2Be

Lifer
Oct 10, 1999
I don't like this countdown at all. :(

I refuse to accept it.

However, we really have to kick it in gear now! Today's numbers included a Rattledagger return.

More...More...More....

Let's turn this around and make it a count of how far ahead we can get from BBR! :D

paralazarguer

Banned
Jun 22, 2002
As soon as my race with FlorianRed ends - probably in the next 24 hours I'll be adding some more CPU power to S@H - most likely a 1.2 Tbird and an XP1800(both of which are not currently assembled.. just pieces on the shelf.)

I'm projecting that the race will end at 6:45am tomorrow morning. If it means team anandtech not losing its placement, I might consider converting my fleet to seti for a few days....

Engineer

Elite Member
Oct 9, 1999
Our lead was just a tad over 90,000 WU's...just after Bandai quit producing. We were outproducing them. They joined together and put on a HUGE miniteam race and look a the results! They have knocked off quite a few WU's with new members joining, but I can tell you that I've monitored their stats and they outproduce us...period!

I don't have time to run an MTR...but we sure need one.....heck, maybe a new race with BBR would be great too...but I have a feeling that we can't post the race threads in the other forums because of the recruiting threads...which would really hurt us in this one....

sigh!

OK...enough of that...../me borrows Ray's cane and whip...er....potato chips......CRACK!

Time to get moving......

more..more.....more! :Q

Oh, this countdown sucks! :Q;)

paralazarguer

Banned
Jun 22, 2002
I just got my new parts shipment in today. YAY! Sorry networkman ;) I don't like seeing my team lose. As soon as my race in ECCP is over with network man I'll convert to SETI until the threat has passed. Just tell me how. I'll have 8.6Ghz at your disposal tomorrow morning.

JWMiddleton

Diamond Member
Aug 10, 2000
Wrong countdown!! It should be for us passing SGi and Art Bell!

BBR will not pass us! Now, where did C&C go? :confused:

paralazarguer

Banned
Jun 22, 2002
BBR will not pass us!

Really? I dont' know squat about SETI. I only do ECCP as of now. If the team gets close to getting passed just PM me and you can have all my CPU cycles in about an hour's notice.

Robor

Elite Member
Oct 9, 1999
I've currently got my 10 best systems running the DF client (that's why I'm in the 140's instead of the 190's). I said over in the offsite forum that if the lead got under 50K I'd move my 10 boxes back. I'm thinking that may be too late. Still unsure what I'm going to do. The DF team has really progressed in the past few weeks and I don't want to lose any positions we gained. :confused:

CyGoR

Platinum Member
Jun 23, 2001
I'm right here JWmiddleton, but I don't have any idea where the other "C" is.... :(
But I'm most sure that there is at least 1500wu's ready to be send in a queue we can't reach...
As soon as I hear anything from him and our fleet, I'll let you guys know! :)

Smoke

Distributed Computing Elite Member
Jan 3, 2001
CyGoR,

You are always welcomed to use the TeAm Smokeball Q. That is a standing offer. ;)

lane42

Diamond Member
Sep 3, 2000
I Think Ammocan has a good thread going here, not the passing part, but to keep us on our toe's. BBR can and will pass us unless we do something. Every little bit helps, and if this post lights a few fires under our a$$"s, well that's a good thing :)

Ammocan

Jan 5, 2002
Originally posted by: lane42
I Think Ammocan has a good thread going here, not the passing part, but to keep us on our toe's. BBR can and will pass us unless we do something. Every little bit helps, and if this post lights a few fires under our a$$"s, well that's a good thing :)

This is the main idea behind the post. To get people aware of what is going on. We need more more more.

Engineer

Elite Member
Oct 9, 1999
more...more....more! :Q

I've got 3 small Harddrives, 3 sticks of memory, and one dead motherboard....I've ordered capacitors to replace on the motherboard in hopes to revive it....but no processor just yet (FCPGA CELERON or PIII - No tulatin...DANG, I missed the $40.00 1GHz Celerons at Newegg today :( )....

Am working on getting two more XP1600 systems soon....Also, the 1.8GHz P4 hasn't arrived yet (at work) but should be there tomorrow or early next week!

more....more....more! :Q

Swanny

Diamond Member
Mar 29, 2001
Pretty soon (like maybe over the weekend) I'll be putting together an XP 1600+ that should be on quite a bit and doing SETI for us. The chip has been here for 2 days but the stupid mobo still isn't here:frown:

RaySun2Be

Lifer
Oct 10, 1999
I added a PIII750 (not M class though) to the herd today. :)

Couple more WUs for the team! :D

That's all it takes, new members and just a few more from each member who can! :D

Tarca

Platinum Member
Sep 6, 2001
Come on TeAm just a few more units each.:)

I been wishing for a new home system since last Christmas 9you can ask JW) and I am finally going to put it together!

WooHoo that will help!

Just need to figure out what to buy??????:confused:

Tarca

Freewolf

Diamond Member
Feb 15, 2001
My new 1800xp is up and crunching both seti and TSC. If we don't get our butts in gear we will be passed and I for one would hate to be looking at bbr"s backside :|

paralazarguer

Banned
Jun 22, 2002
Something eh? I'm in a seti race right now and have my entire fleet minus one athlon xp dedicated to SETI. Oh yeah, and my beowulf cluster. Yeah, that could help you guys I guess...if anyone will PM with quick instructions on getting SETI set up no my beowulf I'll run it for a while....

Freewolf

Diamond Member
Feb 15, 2001
I have another 1600xp on the way. That will help a little. FlorianRed Who are you racing and are you a member of the seti team?