new computer!!!!!!!!!

nOnAme43280

Jun 10, 2003
Unfortunately.......I am unable to build a computer piece by piece due to my parents, so I have to go with a pre-built system from a company. I have looked into Ibuypower, ABS pc, Alienware, and Falcon Northwest. I'm looking to spend between $1500-2000. I want the best performance to $$$$$ ratio as possible and I was wondering if anybody had any suggestions as to whom I should go with for a new computer. Thanks.

DaveSimmons

Elite Member
Aug 12, 2001
ABS or Dell (if you time their specials properly).

Exactly what to get depends on what you need -- gaming? DVD burning? a monitor?

nOnAme43280

Jun 10, 2003
I need a computer mostly for school, but I need it to perform some serious gaming as well. A tower is all I need.

nOnAme43280

Jun 10, 2003
Hot deal forum? I never even thought of that, thanks. Anybody else for ABS? I'm interested as to why you'd take them over other companies.

RollWave

Diamond Member
May 20, 2003
i like cyberpowerinc.com

they are so cheap and their computers rule. I got a sweet system from them this june. People complain that they dont organize the innards of your systems well, but mine came with all the cords/wires bundled with rings...its IMMACULATE in there.

oalvarez

Nov 22, 2003
abs for certain. alienware ONLY if you like the case (insides are the same and i've read just about all there is out there on customer complaints), falcon/voodoo are out of their minds charging the sums that they do for the paint jobs on those cooler-master cases ( i have the exact same box that they offer, but not painted, and it's $500 less) but do put together nice machines. having said all of that

-velocitymicro.com
-abscomputers.com

i personally liked what velocitymicro had to offer but chose instead to build ground up.

have fun

JohnPaul

Oct 20, 2002
Have you ever actually built your own system before? If not, I can kind of understand your parents trepidation, but if you have and know what you are doing, then them not letting you build your own would be silly as they would save themselves a bit of money, since in order to come close to what you can build for yourself as far as quality goes, you would need to buy from one of the gaming machine builders that you mentioned in your first post, and they are expensive as alll hell.

JohnPaul

Oct 20, 2002
Have you ever actually built your own system before? If not, I can kind of understand your parents trepidation, but if you have and know what you are doing, then them not letting you build your own would be silly as they would save themselves a bit of money, since in order to come close to what you can build for yourself as far as quality goes, you would need to buy from one of the gaming machine builders that you mentioned in your first post, and they are expensive as alll hell.

JohnPaul

Oct 20, 2002

OOPS!! I have no idea what happened there.