New Chicago Handgun Law was approved

Page 20 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

nobodyknows

Diamond Member
Sep 28, 2008
Another fool. Russians hands were tied by US response (not to mention they had some bad as weapons like missiles and comm devices shipped in from CIA) like our hands are tied by Geneva and PC which does not apply in insurrection. We could end Afghanistan in a week if we wanted. Might have to kill 80% but they'd finally get the idea, "wait, they're actually serious and may exterminate us."

LOL, so your calling people fools and thenby implication suggesting that our army may have to kill 80% of the US population to win?? Good luck with that war. LMAO!!

Nebor

Lifer
Jun 24, 2003
I'm also on board with what Zebo is saying to an extent. Modern "COIN" ideology is malarkey. It makes the Afghans think we're weak, indecisive and uncommitted. If for every road side bomb, an entire village was turned in a smoldering crater, the insurgency would be over in a matter of months. There would be no support for the fighters living in the mountains because their families and tribes would be dead.

By the same token, you couldn't get the ANA to follow through with this policy. Similarly, you couldn't get the US military to wage a total war on the United States.

Zebo

Elite Member
Jul 29, 2001
Sorry Zebo, but you're dead wrong on this one. You really think in a revolution situation that the government will simply eliminate 80% of Americans just to show us they're serious? What point is there being the ruling elite class of a smoldering pile of rubble? A government who uses mass destructive devices on their enemies in a revolution is destroying their own infrastructure and ability to fight. 100M people with small arms is a scary proposition for anybody who starts a war, I don't care what technology you have.

Aghanistan is not USA. They like dying more than we like living so you'd have to cull past the fundis. USA it wouldn't take many Wacos before people woke up. Study 2nd Boer war.

Last edited:

Zebo

Elite Member
Jul 29, 2001
I'm also on board with what Zebo is saying to an extent. Modern "COIN" ideology is malarkey. It makes the Afghans think we're weak, indecisive and uncommitted. If for every road side bomb, an entire village was turned in a smoldering crater, the insurgency would be over in a matter of months. There would be no support for the fighters living in the mountains because their families and tribes would be dead.

By the same token, you couldn't get the ANA to follow through with this policy. Similarly, you couldn't get the US military to wage a total war on the United States.

Depends how President worked PR, removed disloyal troops from his command etc. Liberals can kill like no other in search of their utopia (Stalin, Mao etc). Put a bunch of crazy hippies and ghetto trash in arms vs. " racist teabagers"..maybe.

Last edited:

Zebo

Elite Member
Jul 29, 2001

We don't even have a force continuum into total war! War starts and ends at Geneva and no insurrection was ever defeated that way. I would not start with leveling cities. Try just dropping a MOAB on Taliban funerals with 1000's there which are off limits.:rolleyes: Then move into low level torture like city sieges and starvation campaigns until they roll their militants. Then concentration camps. Then you might have to do what Syria's Assad did in Hama Massacre or Saddam did to get control of Kurds if all else fails. Level cities. Baby steps into it bro you might find one works before kill em all has to be broached.

Anyway I don't think US Gov't would be so kind as we are to Afghans when trying to preserve the UNION from a bunch of rednecks who would be labeled as worse than Hitler. Plus Geneva does not apply so much to internal insurrection.

Last edited:

Darwin333

Lifer
Dec 11, 2006
who's retarded? I already said I dont give a shit if you own guns. I have access to a minigun if I want (at $1500 per minute in ammo) to record audio not to shoot but still. I'm just saying using the excuse that you would some how win in a fight with superior firepower isnt realistic.

I sure am glad that you weren't in charge back in the late 1700's.

JSt0rm

Lifer
Sep 5, 2000
I sure am glad that you weren't in charge back in the late 1700's.

I'm sure glad I wasn't alive back in the late 1700's. Life was short and it sucked. We have evolved beyond that so much. There is no need to pretend like we have the same choices to make as they did. Not even close.

We all have freedoms to live how we want in this country. I prefer to sit at a nice pub and drink really good beer and wine and eat high end cheese. I dont care about owning a weapon. I'm fully invested in this way of life. Others could prefer to sit in the woods wearing orange and shoot deer. We both pay taxes for our activities and we should both be left alone to do as we want. But for the guys with the guns to say at some point if we dont like how things are we are gonna grab our guns and shoot the gubment is ludicrous.

DucatiMonster696

Diamond Member
Aug 13, 2009
I'm sure glad I wasn't alive back in the late 1700's. Life was short and it sucked. We have evolved beyond that so much. There is no need to pretend like we have the same choices to make as they did. Not even close.

We all have freedoms to live how we want in this country. I prefer to sit at a nice pub and drink really good beer and wine and eat high end cheese. I dont care about owning a weapon. I'm fully invested in this way of life. Others could prefer to sit in the woods wearing orange and shoot deer. We both pay taxes for our activities and we should both be left alone to do as we want. But for the guys with the guns to say at some point if we dont like how things are we are gonna grab our guns and shoot the gubment is ludicrous.

How are you going to defend you way of life when it is seriously threatened by those who want remove your right to sit in a pub, drink beer and eat cheese? Are you going to write letters and hope for the best?

All of these scenarios and assumptions of what could or might happen is just pointless bullshit bantering to distract for the facts at hand. We have a right under the 2nd amendment that cannot be removed or curtailed by any local, state or federal law without the majority support of congress and the states (who must ratify any change). Short of this type of support to change the 2nd amendment via any other underhanded laws which are passed by gun garbing left wing, nanny state loving, anti-gun nuts with a fear of law abiding citizens owning firearms is completely unconstitutional given the current USSC ruling and establish court precedents in other cases.

Last edited:

JSt0rm

Lifer
Sep 5, 2000
How are you going to defend you way of life when it is seriously threatened by those who want remove your right to sit in a pub, drink beer and eat cheese? Are you going to write letters and hope for the best?

really man? The only people who threaten my way of life are the teabaggers and the loony right neocon thugs. So I vote instead of resorting to violence to get my way and those that will resort to violence? I pay good money in taxes to be protected from you. The right and their paranoia never ceases to amaze me.

DucatiMonster696

Diamond Member
Aug 13, 2009
really man? The only people who threaten my way of life are the teabaggers and the loony right neocon thugs.

Old ladies and people who don't want the expansion of government and lower taxes threaten your way of life? You are fucking exaggerating to the fullest.

So I vote instead of resorting to violence to get my way and those that will resort to violence? I pay good money in taxes to be protected from you.The right and their paranoia never ceases to amaze me.

Who is paranoid about law abiding citizens owning guns exactly? This was never an issue pushed by those who believe in the 2nd amendment until big government loving liberals like yourself decided to push the matter and take peoples rights away. All this has occurred because YOU ARE SCARED of law abiding gun owners and want to give away everyone else freedoms for your own safety. So go cower under your bed because frankly you are the one coming off as a scared little baby who can't deal with people demanding that their constitutional rights be protected.

Zebo

Elite Member
Jul 29, 2001
really man? The only people who threaten my way of life are the teabaggers and the loony right neocon thugs. So I vote instead of resorting to violence to get my way and those that will resort to violence? I pay good money in taxes to be protected from you. The right and their paranoia never ceases to amaze me.

You're really scared of teabaggers? Totally unfounded and silly. They are law abiding people actively involved in politics, you know a non violent way to affect change politics. I'd worry a hell of a lot more about stumbling across some hillbillys meth lab or taking a stroll through St Louis - you're almost guaranteed to die or be brutally assaulted within minutes by felons not teabaggers.

spidey07

No Lifer
Aug 4, 2000
LOL Hello Kitty AR HAWT... Looks photo shopped what's up with that grip??

It's a CA legal AR. One of the their "assault weapon" bans is no pistol grip on a rifle, because THAT is what automatically turns it into an assault rifle.

Kirby

Lifer
Apr 10, 2006
It's a CA legal AR. One of the their "assault weapon" bans is no pistol grip on a rifle, because THAT is what automatically turns it into an assault rifle.

If I was Feinstein, I'd worry more about .308s with Leupold Tacticals than pistol grips.

Amused

Elite Member
Apr 14, 2001
Amused; Moonie, what if a majority of these citizens decided the best course of action to stop crime was to end free speech, or freedom of movement, or freedom of assembly?

M: Let's use our heads? How could you stop gun violence by trying to end free speech or freedom of movement or assembly? They didn't do that did they, so while your what ifs are nice, they are imaginary and are never going to happen. It you are surrounded by gun violence the natural target is the guns. Talking moving or holding hands doesn't kill people.

A: What if they decided the best course of action was to put the minorities in ghettos and wall them off, or limit their rights of movement?

M: Right, lock yourself in a prison full of guns. Like folk are that crazy. Please, use your head. Your hypothetical are ridiculous.

A: Wait, is that wrong?

Of course it is.

Why?

Because the majority CANNOT vote away the RIGHTS of the minority. That is why our Constitution and Bill of Rights exists, Moonie. That is why we are a Constitutional republic and NOT a pure democracy.

M: Oh God...........what's the fucking point. You are a person of theories, you live at the top of your head. You live in a delusion.

Of course the majority can take away your rights. They just took the right to marry away from gays in California. Get Fucking real. When the majority amends the Constitution to be a fascist state, fascism will be Constitutional.

The majority has taken the right of a minority to ban guns.

You have a right to life. You have a right to liberty. You have a right to the pursuit of happiness. You have a right to self defense. You have no right to own nuclear weapons, and only by convention do you have a right to a gun. There is nothing fundamental about it. It is a religion, a custom, a habit, but it has no intellectual force.

Folk can take your life if you kill, they can take your liberty if you steal. They can silence you in a court of law. They can fine you for what you say.

A: The right to keep and bear arms is a RIGHT. It cannot be voted away by the majority. It can only be reversed by constitutional amendment and a national super-majority. Period.

M: Exactly, it is a created unnatural right, a fiction, an imposition by a majority on a minority, a judgment by folk who needed guns to protect their liberty in the past and now enforced on folk who are being killed by what once was a protection. Law and the constitution are an approximation of justice and times and circumstances change. Unfortunately guns have become a fetish of a bunch of religious gun freaks whose self centered interests are killing folk in the cities. May I say fuck you and your rights. Your law is fascism, a monstrosity shoved down the throats of others. So very libertarian of you.

A: In short, your argument is moot. It's bullshit. It only appeals to the ignorant folks who don't think twice about voting away the rights of the minority.

M: Sadly, you don't think once.

So this is your reasoning, huh Moonie?

Rights are given, rather than protected by the Constitution?

And nice way to dodge the question, Moonie.

If a simple majority of a city should have the ability to vote away the rights of a minority, why can't they do it across the board? If they have a right to ban guns, why can't they reinstate Jim Crow? Why can't they end free speech? Invade privacy?

And now we see how the left shifted from liberal, to authoritarian, folks. BUT WAIT! Only when it suits them. Their logic falls apart when taken to it's logical end.

Sorry, Moonie, but the right to keep and bear arms is the same as speech, religion and privacy.

Wanna change it? Amend the Constitution.

Good luck using your twisted authoritarian logic to convince the states.

BTW your attempt to deflect using CA's Prop 8 proved my case, not yours. Prop 8 is every bit as much a travesty as the handgun bans and restrictive laws.

Last edited:

daishi5

Golden Member
Feb 17, 2005

Why is it paranoid to believe that people want to take all our guns away? You do realize that the leaders of several gun control movements have actually stated they want to do this. We are paranoid about gun registries leading to gun bans because that is exactly what has happened in the past, in places like Chicago, Washington D.C. and with the 1986 moratorium.

Just imagine if there were several national groups collecting millions of dollars to ban pubs and high end cheese. That is the reality a gun owner faces in this nation.

nick1985

Lifer
Dec 29, 2002
Why is it paranoid to believe that people want to take all our guns away? You do realize that the leaders of several gun control movements have actually stated they want to do this. We are paranoid about gun registries leading to gun bans because that is exactly what has happened in the past, in places like Chicago, Washington D.C. and with the 1986 moratorium.

Just imagine if there were several national groups collecting millions of dollars to ban pubs and high end cheese. That is the reality a gun owner faces in this nation.

Biden has openly admitted he wants to ban all guns.

xj0hnx

Diamond Member
Dec 18, 2007
If I was Feinstein, I'd worry more about .308s with Leupold Tacticals than pistol grips.

It's the barrel shrouds they need to look out for, those things can kill without warning.

Moonpie said:
M: Exactly, it is a created unnatural right, a fiction, an imposition by a majority on a minority, a judgment by folk who needed guns to protect their liberty in the past and now enforced on folk who are being killed by what once was a protection.

So this is your reasoning, huh Moonie?

Rights are given, rather than protected by the Constitution?

Moonbat clearly doesn't comprehend the right to defend yourself, and how the whole 2A thing works, or why.

ShawnD1

Lifer
May 24, 2003
It's the barrel shrouds they need to look out for, those things can kill without warning.

This is literally the first google image result. Seriously, check it yourself.

barrel-shroud.jpg