New Chicago Handgun Law was approved

Page 21 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

bfdd

Lifer
Feb 3, 2007
lol seriously? why are people so ok with having politicians that are so ramped to instate or remove things they know absolutely nothing about. doesn't even know what a barrel shroud is, ban it. didn't read the health care bill, fuck it pass it. absolutely pathetic we allow our politicians to get away with this shit.

xj0hnx

Diamond Member
Dec 18, 2007
Such a great video for displaying how stupid gun grabbers are. I had never seen this related video that YouTube recommended.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BRQqieimwLQ&feature=related

OMG!!! HEAT SEEKING BULLETS!!!

BWAHAHAHAHAHA!!!! OMFG!!!! LOL!!!

"Some of these bullets have an incendiary device on the tip of it, which is a heat seeking device"

HAHAHA, almost as deadly as a barrel shroud!!!

I remember when they were trying to ban .50 rifles, saying terrorist would be shooting planes out of the sky with them :rolleyes:

ShawnD1

Lifer
May 24, 2003
Such a great video for displaying how stupid gun grabbers are. I had never seen this related video that YouTube recommended.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BRQqieimwLQ&feature=related

OMG!!! HEAT SEEKING BULLETS!!!

Wow. How the fuck did someone get elected when they clearly don't even have a high school education. I won't even google what an incendiary bullet is since that's not the point. Let's check what the word incendiary means:
-Involving deliberate burning of property
-Arousing to action or rebellion
-Capable of catching fire spontaneously or causing fires or burning readily

I remember when they were trying to ban .50 rifles, saying terrorist would be shooting planes out of the sky with them
I can't imagine being that deathly afraid of everything. What do you think happens when someone tells them that a random person could pour gasoline around their house and cause it to burn in such a way that is virtually impossible to extinguish? There was also a recent explosion in Edmonton where several houses were completely obliterated. What happened? Natural gas leak. The gas that every house has could easily blow up the entire house if it happens to pool itself in the basement and something ignites it.

Zebo

Elite Member
Jul 29, 2001
lol seriously? why are people so ok with having politicians that are so ramped to instate or remove things they know absolutely nothing about. doesn't even know what a barrel shroud is, ban it. didn't read the health care bill, fuck it pass it. absolutely pathetic we allow our politicians to get away with this shit.

I don't know what a barrel shroud is either. You mean flash suppressor or compensator? Or handguns?

What was disturbing about that video was she would not answer any questions but aswered essetially with 'get guns off streets to stop Colin furgensons' to every question.

ShawnD1

Lifer
May 24, 2003
I don't know what a barrel shroud is either. You mean flash suppressor or compensator? Or handguns?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Barrel_shroud
"covering attached to the barrel of a firearm, that partially or completely encircles the barrel which prevents operators from contacting a hot barrel"

So basically it's a safety feature. It's similar to that thing covering a motorcycle engine and exhaust so your leg doesn't get burned.

Zebo

Elite Member
Jul 29, 2001
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Barrel_shroud
"covering attached to the barrel of a firearm, that partially or completely encircles the barrel which prevents operators from contacting a hot barrel"

So basically it's a safety feature. It's similar to that thing covering a motorcycle engine and exhaust so your leg doesn't get burned.

I've always called it a handguard. Learn something new every day.:awe:

spidey07

No Lifer
Aug 4, 2000
I've always called it a handguard. Learn something new every day.:awe:

Hmmm. What's safer? Me trying to fire a rifle with one hand or me having to fire with a blazing hot barrel?

Answer. Neither. It creates a more dangerous condition. Not for me the shooter but for others.

Last edited:

ShawnD1

Lifer
May 24, 2003
Hmmm. What's safer? Me trying to fire a rifle with one hand or me having to fire with a blazing hot barrel?

Answer. Neither. It creates a more dangerous condition. Not for me the shooter but for others.

newb. learn to shoot with 1 gun per hand.

dukenukem3d.jpg

TwinsenTacquito

Apr 1, 2010
Why is there a debate on this? There is not a single argument to be had for gun bans. There isn't a single upside. And it doesn't matter anyway, we have a constitution. It says no gun laws, ever. And if you read the declaration of independence it says if they make one, kill them. That's it, there's no point in even talking about it. Our foundation says no gun laws, ever.

Oh wait, we have gun laws.