New - cheeto slaps retaliatory tariffs on Chinese goods

esquared

Forum Director & Omnipotent Overlord
Forum Director
Oct 8, 2000
I thought the ones from Sept were delayed until December?
Now he's apparently updated it and changed the % levy.
Trump slaps retaliatory tariffs on Chinese goods
https://finance.yahoo.com/news/trump-slaps-retaliatory-tariffs-on-chinese-goods-210533036.html

"'The additional levies are set to roll out in two tranches. The $300 billion worth of imports from China that were set to be taxed at a 10% rate on September 1
will now be taxed at a 15% rate. And starting October 1, the $250 billion worth of Chinese imports currently taxed at 25% will be taxed at a rate of 30%, Trump said.

So are the Sept tariffs, delayed until December, still at December of are they now back on the September date?
It wasn't clear from the article.
"

hal2kilo

Lifer
Feb 24, 2009
Aw fuck looks like I picked the wrong year to build a new PC
Probably going to buy the LG 65" TV Costco has on sale now for $576 which ends in a couple days. Those things are definitely going to go up. Although, LG is Korean, not sure if he's put any tariffs on Korea at this point. Too many unknowns created by someone who hasn't defined what the winning will look like.

esquared

Forum Director
Oct 8, 2000
Watch the stock market take another dump on Monday.

nakedfrog

No Lifer
Apr 3, 2001
Probably going to buy the LG 65" TV Costco has on sale now for $576 which ends in a couple days. Those things are definitely going to go up.
Ugh, yeah, I was planning to wait another year or two, but I suppose 0% interest could offset it...

Feb 4, 2009
Ugh, yeah, I was planning to wait another year or two, but I suppose 0% interest could offset it...

You guys bring up a good point. My TV has two black lines in it (up from one black line 18 months ago)
Wonder if I should replace it now as opposed to waiting.

shortylickens

No Lifer
Jul 15, 2003
Good. I didnt want to spend money on crap this year anyways.
I need to save.
Of course, he'll probably ruin the housing and stock markets as well. So, either way I'm in trouble.

Jhhnn

IN MEMORIAM
Nov 11, 1999
Watch the stock market take another dump on Monday.

Hey you! You plebes! Y'all know a whole bunch of you are taking the high hard one out of this, don't you? Just like 10 years ago! Doing all the right stuff, going to work, doing the job, paying the bills & then... Nope! Not good enough! You lose, and there ain't nuthin' you can do about it, just like the soybean farmers.

The rich guys running this racket? They'll be fine, trust me. Never miss a meal. Maybe they'll hire you back if we give 'em another tax cut.

Reactions: Meghan54

esquared

Forum Director
Oct 8, 2000
Hey you! You plebes! Y'all know a whole bunch of you are taking the high hard one out of this, don't you? Just like 10 years ago! Doing all the right stuff, going to work, doing the job, paying the bills & then... Nope! Not good enough! You lose, and there ain't nuthin' you can do about it, just like the soybean farmers.

The rich guys running this racket? They'll be fine, trust me. Never miss a meal. Maybe they'll hire you back if we give 'em another tax cut.
Yep, back then when guys were saying their 401k turned into a 201k.