New Car!! Mazda CX-5

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

z0mb13

Lifer
May 19, 2002
OTD price? 0.9%?

OTD was around $40k USD. Yes I know.. car prices here are about twice compared to the US

Honda accords and toyota camry here is about ~50k usd.

I got ~3.5% financing. Interest rates here is much higher than in the US. I can put money in the back and get ~7% interest rates.

z0mb13

Lifer
May 19, 2002
Ok...but....wow. I've never seen floor tiles in a parking garage. The garages I've seen are concrete, sometimes painted. And sometimes there's even lighting available :D, but they're usually excellent places to get mugged, or have a body dumped just up against a wall where it would go unnoticed for weeks.

Where is that? Japan? Somewhere in Europe?

LOL yes the other parking garages here also use concrete. But the contractor for our apartment complex has a very big tile manufacturing facility, so I guess tiles to them are cheaper than concrete??

It is in south east asia

z0mb13

Lifer
May 19, 2002
It's already been confirmed for MY2014.

I read that they will have 2.5 litre engine option available, but not sure whether they will bring that option to my country. On my average daily commute my average speed is less than 30 mph! with really bad stop and go traffic. I take a smaller more fuel efficient engine any day.

skyking

Lifer
Nov 21, 2001
I stopped by the dealer today and confirmed, the 2014's are here and all have the 2.5, and ~2 MPG less. I don't get that. I don't recall reading about power complaints that much.
They still have some 2013's but they will likely go fast.

vertika

Jan 11, 2013
Yes right 19 inches look great on the MAZDA CX-5 much better than the 17s no doubt.
It was launched in may 2012 with many graceful feature including the very unusual (for its size) 19-inch alloys with 255/55 rubber. These are more realistic than 17-inch car wheels.

z0mb13

Lifer
May 19, 2002
I stopped by the dealer today and confirmed, the 2014's are here and all have the 2.5, and ~2 MPG less. I don't get that. I don't recall reading about power complaints that much.
They still have some 2013's but they will likely go fast.

So the new models Only have the 2.5 litre engine?? Or its an option?

Vdubchaos

Lifer
Nov 11, 2009
Congrats

I'm still waiting for Mazda to bring the MPV from Japan. So disappointed that they chose not to do so.....

z0mb13

Lifer
May 19, 2002
Congrats

I'm still waiting for Mazda to bring the MPV from Japan. So disappointed that they chose not to do so.....

Do you mean the mazda 8 series? Its a bit small for an mpv but its selling quite well here

The redesigned cx9 is a beauty

b_scott

May 30, 2013
how are you liking it?

Looking at the 2014 CX-5 Touring or GT for a new addition in December.... :)

sdifox

No Lifer
Sep 30, 2005
I considered it. There are no snow tires available in the size that comes with the 19" wheels. A very huge negative in my eyes, to offer an AWD SUV that does not have snow tires available.

you use 2 sets of rims anyway. It's not like it actually needs 19" wheels for brake clearance, it's just for looks.

Jumpem

Lifer
Sep 21, 2000
you use 2 sets of rims anyway. It's not like it actually needs 19" wheels for brake clearance, it's just for looks.

Many use 16" winter wheels for CX-5.

More here

It's cheaper just to swap two sets of tires on the OEM wheels. You don't need to purchase a second set of wheels, and a second set of TPMS sensors that way. It is also cheaper to get the alternate set of tires mounted and balanced, then to reprogram the car's computer for another set of TPMS sensors every time you switch to your second set of wheels.

sdifox

No Lifer
Sep 30, 2005
It's cheaper just to swap two sets of tires on the OEM wheels. You don't need to purchase a second set of wheels, and a second set of TPMS sensors that way. It is also cheaper to get the alternate set of tires mounted and balanced, then to reprogram the car's computer for another set of TPMS sensors every time you switch to your second set of wheels.

Really? I thought they can talk to two sets of sensors now? Mounting and unmo7nting tires are not good for them.

Jumpem

Lifer
Sep 21, 2000
Really? I thought they can talk to two sets of sensors now? Mounting and unmo7nting tires are not good for them.

For the most part, I only own Subarus. It was going to be $75+ each swap to reprogram the computer. So just on that alone it is cheaper to mount and balance a set of tires on the same wheels.

I have done it this way for four seasons, and 96k miles, switching between the OEM all seasons and a set of snow tires. I have not had any issues with the tires doing so.