New build think this PSU can handle it?

DSF

Diamond Member
Oct 6, 2007
Are these all parts that you have lying around? I ask only because there are some odd choices. The graphics card is a couple generations old, and I'm assuming you have the PSU already or are buying it locally since it's out of stock at your link.

I wouldn't personally trust OCZ PSUs for much. It should handle all of that stuff without a problem if you already have it, but if you're putting up money out of pocket for it I'd look at other options.

Bradtech519

Jul 6, 2010
I've had the PSU since 2008. I am swapping out CPU, Motherboard, RAM, and aftermarket HSF. Will basically be a new CPU and some RAM. Everything else is the same.

Are these all parts that you have lying around? I ask only because there are some odd choices. The graphics card is a couple generations old, and I'm assuming you have the PSU already or are buying it locally since it's out of stock at your link.

I wouldn't personally trust OCZ PSUs for much. It should handle all of that stuff without a problem if you already have it, but if you're putting up money out of pocket for it I'd look at other options.

davC

May 21, 2013
That PSU will do its rated wattage and handle that rig no problem. Only issue is the reliability of the capacitors. It's made by FSP so it uses almost exclusively CapXon capacitors which are not reliable at all, they're pretty much designed to last past the warranty. I had that PSU and the PFC cap, and all the caps on the 12V rail bulged. It has a cramped secondary so they have to use caps that have a small diameter which equals low heat tolerance. If the caps are good, I say use it till it dies. I replaced all the caps in mine and re-lubed the fan, it's been going for over 5 years now.